Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Joe Burrow Injury Update
(11-23-2020, 02:55 PM)Tony Wrote: I got on the floor at work yesterday get my phone all set up in my forklift and the first thing I see is Joe on the ground. It made me sick immediately,  like that heart sinking feeling and I just kept thinking . No no no... Even shed a little tear...

I hear ya'.  I got emotional myself.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:02 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You guys are aware that PBS has the best MRI machine in the entire city, right?

believe we had a discussion about this, earlier this year.
I was in that machine last year, it's one of the best in the country. ProScan has an office at PBS.
(11-23-2020, 02:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I believe we are one of the few stadiums to have one "in house".

Most likely why Joe was able to tweet 'See you next year" so soon.
We played in Washington yesterday, but I imagine they have a nice MRI machine there also.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 03:10 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I was in that machine last year, it's one of the best in the country. ProScan has an office at PBS.
We played in Washington yesterday, but I imagine they have a nice MRI machine there also.

Which makes me think; why do teams always wait until getting back home, before doing an MRI?

Never understood it.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 03:39 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Which makes me think; why do teams always wait until getting back home, before doing an MRI?

Never understood it.

Don’t they need to wait for the swelling to go down a bit for a better diagnosis?
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 03:10 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: We played in Washington yesterday, but I imagine they have a nice MRI machine there also.

The Bengals are the only NFL franchise with an onsite MRI machine, believe it or not.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:36 PM)bjf123 Wrote: I just wouldn’t let the team doctors anywhere near Joe’s knee. How’s their treatment of AJ’s ankle and Mixon’s foot work out?

Let’s hope it’s just the ACL that’s messed up and that he heads to the guy who did Carson’s surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Palmer used his own medical Doctors, I think Burrow will do the same but we will have to see.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:55 PM)Tony Wrote: I got on the floor at work yesterday get my phone all set up in my forklift and the first thing I see is Joe on the ground. It made me sick immediately,  like that heart sinking feeling and I just kept thinking . No no no... Even shed a little tear...

The city of Cincinnati loves this kid and I think several NFL people, players, as well.  It was a dark moment for sure.  Burrow is a tough dude.  He will be back and fearless as ever I believe.  To me, Joe Burrow is MR. Cincinnati!
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
not good news

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 04:06 PM)pally Wrote: not good news

No please
Reply/Quote
injury similar to Carson Wentz's a couple of years ago. He injured the knee in December and missed the first 2 games of the season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Why is everyone freaking out?

Unless there was meniscus or patellar tendon issues, ACL is the longest thing to heal from in the knee and we already knew it was torn.

Wish they could post the whole friggin' details instead of this vague crap.
Reply/Quote
People know a bad injury when they see one. This was more on the Teddy B side of the injured knee spectrum then the Carson Palmer/Tom Brady side.

It took Teddy nearly 3 years to get back on the field full time and his was considered a miraculous return (much like Smiths).

It's not good. But anyone hoping for a miracle or a fairytale ending to all this just hasn't been a Bengal fan longer than a month.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 04:10 PM)jj22 Wrote: People know a bad injury when they see one. This was more on the Teddy B side of the injured knee spectrum then the Carson Palmer/Tom Brady side.

It took Teddy nearly 3 years to get back on the field full time and his was considered a miraculous return (much like Smiths).

It's not good. But anyone hoping for a miracle or a fairytale ending to all this just hasn't been a Bengal fan longer than a month.

It's nothing like Teddy's. Teddy's was a non-contact during practice that included the twisting of the knee. Joe's looks much more like CP9's.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 04:10 PM)jj22 Wrote: People know a bad injury when they see one. This was more on the Teddy B side of the injured knee spectrum then the Carson Palmer/Tom Brady side.

How the hell do you deduce that?

It sure as hell NOT on that spectrum.

Why are people so damn negative?
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 04:16 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: How the hell do you deduce that?

It sure as hell NOT on that spectrum.

Why are people so damn negative?

JJ has been pushing for a new QB since yesterday after the injury. He's really spinning the "never going to be the same" narrative. 
Reply/Quote
We need to wait on official word. If Burrow is going to miss more than just the rest of this season we are in a BAD spot to put it lightly.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 04:18 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: JJ has been pushing for a new QB since yesterday after the injury. He's really spinning the "never going to be the same" narrative. 

It’s not a crazy narrative
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 04:15 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote:

I'm a bit unclear...does that mean he is not expected to be back fully healthy for 2021?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Greg Cook 2.0
Reply/Quote