Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Joe Burrow Injury Update
(11-23-2020, 04:21 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: It’s not a crazy narrative

Unless more comes out, then yes, yes it is. 
Reply/Quote
Teddy B's knee was actually dislocated along with the torn tendons. Burrow's wasn't so far as we know. Not even in the same ballpark.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 04:10 PM)jj22 Wrote: People know a bad injury when they see one. This was more on the Teddy B side of the injured knee spectrum then the Carson Palmer/Tom Brady side.

It took Teddy nearly 3 years to get back on the field full time and his was considered a miraculous return (much like Smiths).

It's not good. But anyone hoping for a miracle or a fairytale ending to all this just hasn't been a Bengal fan longer than a month.

Teddy had vascular and nerve damage from a dislocation.  That is NOT Joe's injury.

In fact it is very much like Carson's who tore the ACL, PCL, and MCL

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 04:21 PM)Joelist Wrote: We need to wait on official word. If Burrow is going to miss more than just the rest of this season we are in a BAD spot to put it lightly.

Probably won't know for sure until they cut him open.  
Reply/Quote
No surprise there, that injury was beyond ugly
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 04:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm a bit unclear...does that mean he is not expected to be back fully healthy for 2021?

It means he's rehabbing to be back 2021.... training camp.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 04:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It means he's rehabbing to be back 2021.... training camp.

That's what I was hoping, but it really isn't worded that way.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 04:23 PM)pally Wrote: Teddy had vascular and nerve damage from a dislocation.  That is NOT Joe's injury.

In fact it is very much like Carson's who tore the ACL, PCL, and MCL

I thought I read/heard somewhere that the non-contact tears are often much worse.

Who remembers Kenny Irons?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Its ACL and MCL..and other structural damage...OFFICIAL WORD per the ATHLETIC!

Taylor and that offensive live coach done their job...they are the moles, the inside job  to keep the Bengals as weak as possible..knowing the line is inferior and not fixing it

Thats why Taylor was so unapologetic... there is no real connection to success...failure is the job he was hired for, the Bengals Must remain the lovable losers...it has been written 
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 04:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm a bit unclear...does that mean he is not expected to be back fully healthy for 2021?

Rehabbing to be back for 2021.

Don't think there's a clear recovery timetable yet, but being ready for Week 1 2021 is probably unlikely with the extra damage if I had to guess. 9-ish months for ACL, MCL, and structural damage seems short.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 04:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It means he's rehabbing to be back 2021.... training camp.

If there's structural damage in addition to both blown ACL and MCL I would guess it will be longer than an 8 month recovery. 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 04:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That's what I was hoping, but it really isn't worded that way.

That's the way I read it anyway, surgery, then rehab to be ready for 2021. Funny how he's a QB, and people are saying his career is over, and we lose Reader, Atkins ( a few years ago) and other linemen who actually have to push with their knees and they are expected back the next season no problem. There's a lot of drama queens around here. 
Reply/Quote
When the TV announcers said they wouldn't show the replay, I just knew it was bad. I still haven't seen it and have no interest seeing him injured.
Seeing him on the ground holding his knee was enough.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 04:21 PM)Joelist Wrote: We need to wait on official word. If Burrow is going to miss more than just the rest of this season we are in a BAD spot to put it lightly.

We could always wreck Trevor Lawrence as well Ninja

Reply/Quote
It’s same Injury Wentz had. Wentz got hurt three weeks later and was back for week 3 next year. That said injuries are different for everyone but it doesn’t necessarily rule him out for opening days. One good thing is it’s his lead leg and not his drive leg which would have potentially had impacted his return a bit more.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 04:28 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That's the way I read it anyway, surgery, then rehab to be ready for 2021. Funny how he's a QB, and people are saying his career is over, and we lose Reader, Atkins ( a few years ago) and other linemen who actually have to push with their knees and they are expected back the next season no problem. There's a lot of drama queens around here. 

None the less, its his not planting leg. Obviously he uses his legs occasionally but not like a RB, or literally any other position. 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 04:28 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That's the way I read it anyway, surgery, then rehab to be ready for 2021. Funny how he's a QB, and people are saying his career is over, and we lose Reader, Atkins ( a few years ago) and other linemen who actually have to push with their knees and they are expected back the next season no problem. There's a lot of drama queens around here. 

Not saying his career is over at all, but the injury is different from the Atkins one.

Atkins just tore his ACL. This is ACL, MCL, and structural damage. 

Also recall that while Atkins played all 16 games the next year, he wasn't back to his old self until the year after that.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Even though I'm not one saying the Bengals need to go after a new franchise QB, I will say this to those saying it:
A new QB will fall into the same situation as Burrow unless the Bengals put a quality OL on the field and also improve their defense so they can hold the opposing team to fewer points and run the ball more.

So at this point, focus on building the team around a QB next year and if Burrow can come back to norm in 2021, great. If not, there will be a better team on the field ready for a new QB in 2022.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

6-9 months rehab barring any set backs.
Reply/Quote