Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow and the Bengals: Attacking false narratives
(02-06-2020, 03:05 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Pretty interesting article here from Sporting News that is definitely worth a read:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/joe-burrow-bengals-2020-nfl-draft/t0svd7e6nnyb16ngxhbzbh49e

Dead on...I would only add that when he does win a Super Bowl here, well...he thinks he will always be loved in Louisiana (and he will) but it is nothing compared to what life would be for him in Ohio.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 08:29 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Dead on...I would only add that when he does win a Super Bowl here, well...he thinks he will always be loved in Louisiana (and he will) but it is nothing compared to what life would be for him in Ohio.  

Damn that would be amazing.

Reply/Quote
I mean what fans or media would think that a franchise that has the following "going" for them isn't committed to winning:

Longest playoff advancement drought out of the 4 major sports
Nepotism as business model
Values loyalty over performance, both players and coaches
Narrow minded
Doesn't evolve way of doing business

It's not like people just made this stuff up. It's exactly how they operate. Not that Cincy isn't the only place that hasn't won a SB. Anyone remember MB conversation after resigning ML after back to back losing years? Something to the effect of "making the playoffs 5 straight years is not easy"? Why not say we failed to reach the Super Bowl, so we failed our goals? He didn't fire ML because of performance, but only mentioned because fans stopped showing up, NOT that he didn't achieve or advance to the ultimate goal? I get that it doesn't make any sense for him to not want to win a Super Bowl, but this is not the first year we've questioned the motive, and it's only getting worse because actions speak louder than words.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 08:29 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Dead on...I would only add that when he does win a Super Bowl here, well...he thinks he will always be loved in Louisiana (and he will) but it is nothing compared to what life would be for him in Ohio.  

Burrow would be God-like.  

"All hail Burrow"  
Hell, there may even be a Joe Burrow Holiday in Ohio!
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Does anyone think Mike Brown is ashamed of any of this stuff? I mean he's gotta hear most of the stuff said about him. You think he would have some sense of pride and try to change with the times to put a better product out on the field...
Reply/Quote
Very good article
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2020, 06:06 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Look, Joe Burrow has not came out and said “I would love to be a Bengal and play for Cincinnati” He has been extremely cryptic and calculated with his words. You can tell he’s been given his talking points from his agent. I fully believe Burrow is waiting until after free agency begins on 3/18 to see what the Bengals ACTUALLY DO. If they show a willingness to bring in difference makers and not bottom of the barrel backups, then I think you will hear Burrow actually say he wants to be a Bengal. If not....... I think Burrow demands not to be drafted by the Bengals. Unfortunately, Mike Brown has created this situation that we now must deal with whenever a generational talent is in our grasp.

He hasn't even met with the Bengals yet, so how can he actually come out and say that he wants to be here?

The Bengals haven't come out and said that they want to take him.  Its really a non story at this point.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 04:32 PM)Tony Wrote: Does anyone think Mike Brown is ashamed of any of this stuff? I mean he's gotta hear most of the stuff said about him.  You think he would have some sense of pride and try to change with the times to put a better product out on the field...

You think he would of been ashamed long ago, sadly I don't think it bothers him a bit.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 05:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You think he would of been ashamed long ago, sadly I don't think it bothers him a bit.

When was the last time a man in his 80s changed his mind about anything?
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 06:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: When was the last time a man in his 80s changed his mind about anything?

He be an old dog. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 03:59 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Burrow would be God-like.  

"All hail Burrow"  
Hell, there may even be a Joe Burrow Holiday in Ohio!

IF the Bengals won a Super Bowl in the next 5 years with Burrow:

There would be a 5000% increase in baby boys named "Joe"
There would be a statue erected of Joe Burrow that is larger than any building in Cincinnati
There would also be a statue of Joe Burrow in my front yard
There would be a 20 year contract offered to Zack Taylor
There would be a new stadium constructed to be known forever as Paul Brown Stadium:  The House that Burrow Built
There would be a party the likes this area has never seen, putting to shame the New Orleans Celebration
There would be no more poverty in the state of Ohio based on donations to Joe's food bank 
There would be heads exploding all over the country (steeler fans, ESPN, Roger Goodell)- This is my fav
There would be a rich guy named Steve (RacerX) that always puts $100 on the Bengals to win the Super Bowl
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2020, 09:57 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: IF the Bengals won a Super Bowl in the next 5 years with Burrow:

There would be a 5000% increase in baby boys named "Joe"
There would be a statue erected of Joe Burrow that is larger than any building in Cincinnati
There would also be a statue of Joe Burrow in my front yard
There would be a 20 year contract offered to Zack Taylor
There would be a new stadium constructed to be known forever as Paul Brown Stadium:  The House that Burrow Built
There would be a party the likes this area has never seen, putting to shame the New Orleans Celebration
There would be no more poverty in the state of Ohio based on donations to Joe's food bank 
There would be heads exploding all over the country (steeler fans, ESPN, Roger Goodell)- This is my fav
There would be a rich guy named Steve (RacerX) that always puts $100 on the Bengals to win the Super Bowl

I like. Cool
Reply/Quote
They could pitch a sitcom about the wacky misadventures of a fiery 23 year old winner and his stodgy 85 year old loser of a boss.

I'm going to breakout the 80s keyboard and write the theme now!
Reply/Quote
It gets so discouraging hearing all the stuff about our beloved Bengals in the media, that we knew was true in the 90s... You would think a guy like Burrow who is so confident would wanna take on the challenge. If He is able to get the Bengals over the top and win Superbowl or 2 , He would instantly go down as one for the best ever...
Reply/Quote