Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow and the Bengals: Attacking false narratives
(02-06-2020, 11:03 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: I’ll take a player with a HUGE chip on his shoulder with something to prove  any day.

If life were a movie we would take Burrow at #1 overall and the Dolegala that no one believed in would training montage his way to the starting role. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2020, 11:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If life were a movie we would take Burrow at #1 overall and the Dolegala that no one believed in would training montage his way to the starting role. 

Have you ever heard of Patrick Mahomes? You think he forgot where he was drafted. ....he didn’t.

https://www.totalprosports.com/2019/12/22/patrick-mahomes-counts-how-many-players-were-selected-ahead-of-him-in-2017-draft-after-td-video/
Reply/Quote
Burrow's not holding out, so it really comes down to what QB the Bengals want. If it's Burrow, he's going #1.

No controversy. No uncertainty. The end.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2020, 11:37 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Barrow's not holding out, so it really comes down to what QB the Bengals want. If it's Burrow, he's going #1.

No controversy. No uncertainty. The end.

I hope Burrow comes here too, but let’s not crown the guy yet. He had 1 amazing year in college and looks like the real deal, however if someone is willing to unload 4 1st rounders or something crazy like that and then still be in play for Lawrence next year. ........just saying. Keep in mind Mike Brown’s build only through the draft lifestyle....all those picks will be like gold to him. It will be interesting for sure.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2020, 11:28 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Have you ever heard of Patrick Mahomes? You think he forgot where he was drafted. ....he didn’t.

https://www.totalprosports.com/2019/12/22/patrick-mahomes-counts-how-many-players-were-selected-ahead-of-him-in-2017-draft-after-td-video/

So is Burrow going to be suitably pissed if he's first off the board?
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2020, 11:44 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: I hope Burrow comes here too, but let’s not crown the guy yet. He had 1 amazing year in college and looks like the real deal, however if someone is willing to unload 4 1st rounders or something crazy like that and then still be in play for Lawrence next year. ........just saying. Keep in mind Mike Brown’s build only through the draft lifestyle....all those picks will be like gold to him. It will be interesting for sure.

And the stadium would look like this for another year...

[Image: EEh6s1nX4AEO3H5.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2020, 11:44 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: I hope Burrow comes here too, but let’s not crown the guy yet. He had 1 amazing year in college and looks like the real deal, however if someone is willing to unload 4 1st rounders or something crazy like that and then still be in play for Lawrence next year. ........just saying. Keep in mind Mike Brown’s build only through the draft lifestyle....all those picks will be like gold to him. It will be interesting for sure.

I'm not anointing Burrow.  But it really is this simple:

If they want Burrow, he's a Bengal (regardless of offers).
If they want someone else, they trade out of the pick.

I don't think they'll want someone else, and I don't think Mike Brown will want to pay three first rounders in one off season (assuming Miami is the trade partner).
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2020, 11:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And the stadium would look like this for another year...

Bengals fans are used to “another year” it’s basically our motto.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2020, 11:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We’ve seen this story before. Carson didn’t get Mike to change, neither will Joe.

Being a cry baby and leaving is not being a leader. Palmer had the FO by the short hairs but decided to go home crying instead of fighting. The QB is the only one on the team besides the coach .who has leverage enough to demand change. I believe Joe will have the Kahnuas that Carson lacked.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2020, 11:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And the stadium would look like this for another year...

MB will look at every empty seat as money out of his pocket and guess what Burrow and his teammates get the same pay whether there is 10000 fans or 60000. Its called leverage.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2020, 11:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And the stadium would look like this for another year...

That is just plain sad. That’s the home opener against San Fran. Marvin Lewis was finally fired... why didn’t fans show up in droves?? I was pissed about the re-signing of Bobby Hart too but jeez...
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 12:42 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: That is just plain sad. That’s the home opener against San Fran. Marvin Lewis was finally fired... why didn’t fans show up in droves?? I was pissed about the re-signing of Bobby Hart too but jeez...

To be fair, it was 41-10 with 4 minutes left to play when that pic was taken.
Reply/Quote
You wouldn't be suggesting the sporting world is full of pretend sports writers just trying to get clicks now would ya? After all, everyone who ever so much as writes any article, especially online HAS to be telling the absolute, 1000%, honest injun truth. They're not allowed to just make shit up. Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 12:16 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Bengals fans are used to “another year” it’s basically our motto.

C'mon..The motto is: Well, there's always next season. ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 12:16 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Bengals fans are used to “another year” it’s basically our motto.

The point is that hurts Mike’s wallet. Even with profit sharing no owner is ok with an empty stadium.

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 12:22 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Being a cry baby and leaving is not being a leader. Palmer had the FO by the short hairs but decided to go home crying instead of fighting. The QB is the only one on the team besides the coach .who has leverage enough to demand change. I believe Joe will have the Kahnuas that Carson lacked.

Kahnuas?

Are you trying to spell kahunas when you mean cojones?
Reply/Quote
Big Kahuna...that’s that Hawaiian burger joint, right?

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2020, 11:03 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: I’ll take a player with a HUGE chip on his shoulder with something to prove  any day.

Sure, no issue there. But in the suggested scenario: Joe says he wants to be a Bengal, we trade the pick to whoever (let's say Miami) and Joe plays with a chip on his shoulder... For miami.

All I'm saying is, Joe gains nothing from publicly stating he wants to be a Bengal but stands to lose face if he does and then isn't.
Reply/Quote
The competition in the AFCN is fire. Joe seems like he likes that type of challenge.

I don’t for one second believe joe won’t be a Bengal. This is just one reason why.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 12:22 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Being a cry baby and leaving is not being a leader. Palmer had the FO by the short hairs but decided to go home crying instead of fighting. The QB is the only one on the team besides the coach .who has leverage enough to demand change. I believe Joe will have the Kahnuas that Carson lacked.

The thing is to make demands you have to be willing to back them up.  If Burrow tries to wrest power from Mike Brown he has to have a plan if what to do if Mike Brown says no.

What is Burrow going to do if Mike Brown doesn't give in?
Reply/Quote