Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
Joe Burrow injury updates
Well, Joe Brrrrr was at practice today! He was just kind of walking around, chilling!
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote

Seems to be walking fine.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 10:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

And as cool as ever.
Reply/Quote
Coming from SI , which is not a fringe media outlet seems to think might miss start of season
https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/08/09/joe-burrow-calf-injury-weeks-away-return-bengals-zac-taylor
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 10:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Yeah, I think he's ok. Kind of a funny all the speculations you see, torn Achilles and other stuff. 
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 10:34 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Coming from SI , which is not a fringe media outlet seems to think might miss start of season
https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/08/09/joe-burrow-calf-injury-weeks-away-return-bengals-zac-tay
It's a hack piece written for clicks.
In the 1st sentence he states "Burrow will be out beyond the next several weeks
The following sentence is the quote from Taylor "The timeline is several weeks from when I said several weeks."
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 10:45 AM)BengalBob Wrote: It's a hack piece written for clicks.
In the 1st sentence he states "Burrow will be out beyond the next several weeks
The following sentence is the quote from Taylor "The timeline is several weeks from when I said several weeks."

Hope so, I agree not much verification for sure, I say if he is not ready to practice 10 days out of opening then might miss 1st game
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 10:31 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: And as cool as ever.

He'd be even cooler if he was wearing a Hawai'ian shirt, khaki cargo shorts, and flip flops  Cool
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 10:34 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Coming from SI , which is not a fringe media outlet seems to think might miss start of season
https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/08/09/joe-burrow-calf-injury-weeks-away-return-bengals-zac-taylor

Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow will be out beyond the next “several weeks” after suffering a right calf strain on July 28, coach Zac Taylor told reporters on Wednesday.

“The timeline [Burrow’s return] is several weeks from when I said several weeks,” Taylor said.

lol. That's a terrible article and misinformed.

Zac was saying that the timeline hasn't changed. He said "several weeks" initially, and he's reiterating that the prognosis is the exact same when he said "several weeks from the first time i said several weeks". This dude is trying to say that it's going to be longer when there is no one with the Bengals who has said that.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 12:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow will be out beyond the next “several weeks” after suffering a right calf strain on July 28, coach Zac Taylor told reporters on Wednesday.

“The timeline [Burrow’s return] is several weeks from when I said several weeks,” Taylor said.

lol. That's a terrible article and misinformed.

Zac was saying that the timeline hasn't changed. He said "several weeks" initially, and he's reiterating that the prognosis is the exact same when he said "several weeks from the first time i said several weeks". This dude is trying to say that it's going to be longer when there is no one with the Bengals who has said that.

Must be stealer fans or somethin'. They sure are stretching the injury to fit their agenda in hoping Burrow misses several regular season 
games. It has already been what? Almost 2 weeks since the initial calf strain? Burrow is walking without a limp and we still have 3 Preseason
games left to play....

Like I said before, hope the Stains don't expect Burrow to play lol
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 04:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Must be stealer fans or somethin'. They sure are stretching the injury to fit their agenda in hoping Burrow misses several regular season 
games. It has already been what? Almost 2 weeks since the initial calf strain? Burrow is walking without a limp and we still have 3 Preseason
games left to play....

Like I said before, hope the Stains don't expect Burrow to play lol

Study up on Siemian, stains!!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Listening to ESPN in the car this afternoon and the talking head stated, and this is a direct quote to my best memory, "there is concern in the Bengals camp that Burrow will miss time in the regular season." The person then went on to speculate what missing the first two games would mean.
Reply/Quote
If he misses anymore than the first 2 weeks, we are in deep shit. The offense was horrid against the packers in joint practice..
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 07:21 PM)Tony Wrote: If he misses anymore than the first 2 weeks, we are in deep shit. The offense was horrid against the packers in joint practice..

As important as Burrow is, 13 or 14 games of him otter be enough to win this division.  Hell, we could have started Johnny Fartball at QB for the first 2 weeks last year, for all it mattered.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 10:31 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: And as cool as ever.
Just heard from Kay Adams that, Burrow won't do interviews with her. She has tried several times but Joe says no...... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I’d imagine it’s 4-6 weeks. It happened 7-27-23. It’ll be close
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
We might be getting to layer 3 of this onion.

One major sports outlet speculating, and now ESPN. It's not much standalone, but between all of this and Jamar telling everyone that he doesn't want Joe to rush back, it's starting to get SUS.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 07:21 PM)Tony Wrote: If he misses anymore than the first 2 weeks, we are in deep shit. The offense was horrid against the packers in joint practice..

From the videos I watched, I saw Higgins and Boyd in street clothes and Cappa was out as well.  Im not sure how many offensive starters we had out there.

Edit: From doing a little more digging it seems Boyd was part of the practice but Cappa, Burrow and Higgins were out of the team drills
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 08:10 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: We might be getting to layer 3 of this onion.

One major sports outlet speculating, and now ESPN. It's not much standalone, but between all of this and Jamar telling everyone that he doesn't want Joe to rush back, it's starting to get SUS.

Add Chris Simms to the speculation Burrow could miss some of the regular season (I believe it's from today, given other sources of the quote as well):

Quote:“I'm not saying I know everything in football, but the term several weeks does not get thrown around very much in football," Simms said via "NFL on NBC." "Several weeks. ... That was the first inkling that had me concerned last week. It's rare. Two to three weeks, four to six weeks.
Quote:"They're not sure if it's going to be four or eight weeks. They don't know right now. And I think that's why Ja'marr Chase is saying that. And I think they're, you know, without telling you, yeah, the injury is somewhat significant there.”

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/news-joe-burrow-injury-update-analyst-provides-concerning-news-bengals-qbs-health

https://sports.yahoo.com/serious-burrows-injury-131424894.html
Reply/Quote
Talking heads crack me up but what cracks me up more are fans that bite into this and give it a healthy chew. 

Zac Taylor knows that an injury to Burrow means that everyone and their brother is going to be asking about him all the time, so to nip that in the bud, he makes the statement "several weeks" and makes it known that is the one and only answer anyone is ever going to get in this matter. I'd do the same thing. It gets tedius constantly having to give updates or answer the same question over and over. On top of that, he can't even give a static timeline for his return.

Less than 2 weeks after the injury Burrow is out walking around with no limp, no boot, no nothing and because Zac isn't giving daily updates, people are shouting "the sky is falling" without even looking up. 

Ah well. Have at it. I'm not the one that looks silly running around like my hair is on fire. Seems common sense isn't really all that common. 

Reply/Quote