Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
Joe Burrow injury updates
(08-10-2023, 10:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: ***
Have at it. I'm not the one that looks silly running around like my hair is on fire. Seems common sense isn't really all that common. 

Posters are presenting the comments of paid sportswriters and reputable sports media on the issue of whether Joe Burrow will miss any time in the regular season. Some are claiming inside information ("sources within the Bengals camp," etc.) There is no one here who is "looking silly running around like their hair is on fire" or "lacking common sense."  No one is jumping off bridges or saying the sky is falling. They are simply disseminating information from other sources as part of debating an issue of profound importance to the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 09:42 PM)Nepa Wrote: Add Chris Simms to the speculation Burrow could miss some of the regular season (I believe it's from today, given other sources of the quote as well):

I think Ja'Mar is messing with everybody....
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 12:03 AM)Nepa Wrote: Posters are presenting the comments of paid sportswriters and reputable sports media on the issue of whether Joe Burrow will miss any time in the regular season. Some are claiming inside information ("sources within the Bengals camp," etc.) There is no one here who is "looking silly running around like their hair is on fire" or "lacking common sense."  No one is jumping off bridges or saying the sky is falling. They are simply disseminating information from other sources as part of debating an issue of profound importance to the Bengals.

I listened to ESPN today also. Heard the report about “serious concern.” They also stated, literally, that there wasn’t an update to the prognosis Zac Taylor originally. They plainly stated they have no new info. They are putting out all these updates without an update. It’s the same info we already know.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 02:53 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I listened to ESPN today also. Heard the report about “serious concern.” They also stated, literally, that there wasn’t an update to the prognosis Zac Taylor originally. They plainly stated they have no new info.  They are putting out all these updates without an update. It’s the same info we already know.

I personally LOVED Zac's answer to the incessant questions. "Several weeks from when I said several weeks". Hilarious

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Man the sports media is so weird. It was leaked by Kremcheck that it was a grade 1 strain about a week ago. The guy isn't in a walking boot and is walking around training camp giving thumbs ups and the "gnarly" sign.

I am not sure what would make anyone think he's going to miss week 1 that is still like a month away. Anything to be dramatic and get clicks and keep that 24 hours news cycle going, though.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Seeing Burrow walking around training camp yesterday with no limp whatsoever was heartening. Feel good about him being ready at the bell. But, if not, as much as I've dissed Joe Mixon, we have a stable of RBs and a really good defense that can win...not long term, but certainly for a couple of games if need be. We have guys who will step up.

Not sure I could always say that about this team.

If Burrow was recovering from surgery, if he was limping around, etc...I would be more concerned. Right now? Not much. Dude is tough as an anvil. And, he's proved he's better than 90% of all the NFL QBs when he's only 75% of his capabilities.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 10:35 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I personally LOVED Zac's answer to the incessant questions. "Several weeks from when I said several weeks". Hilarious

It’s about as vague and non-specific as it gets. It’s a non-answer answer without really giving any details as to the severity or the prognosis. Could be 2, 4, 6, 8 weeks.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 12:45 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It’s about as vague and non-specific as it gets. It’s a non-answer answer without really giving any details as to the severity or the prognosis. Could be 2, 4, 6, 8 weeks.

It is....with a hint of snark to go with it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 07:53 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Just heard from Kay Adams that, Burrow won't do interviews with her. She has tried several times but Joe says no...... Hilarious

She is not as cute as she used to be, but Joe don't need that in his life.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 07:53 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Just heard from Kay Adams that, Burrow won't do interviews with her. She has tried several times but Joe says no...... Hilarious

Wonder why that is?

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 10:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Talking heads crack me up but what cracks me up more are fans that bite into this and give it a healthy chew. 

Zac Taylor knows that an injury to Burrow means that everyone and their brother is going to be asking about him all the time, so to nip that in the bud, he makes the statement "several weeks" and makes it known that is the one and only answer anyone is ever going to get in this matter. I'd do the same thing. It gets tedius constantly having to give updates or answer the same question over and over. On top of that, he can't even give a static timeline for his return.

Less than 2 weeks after the injury Burrow is out walking around with no limp, no boot, no nothing and because Zac isn't giving daily updates, people are shouting "the sky is falling" without even looking up. 

Ah well. Have at it. I'm not the one that looks silly running around like my hair is on fire. Seems common sense isn't really all that common. 

Fantastic post, well said Rfaulk, just spot on. Cool
Reply/Quote
I just want to say I hate the title of this thread. I know it's old, but it's just the worst thing to read.

Just the trauma of seeing it and the feeling I got when I first saw it pop up is hard to shake.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 01:09 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Wonder why that is?

Probably because I called her out on Twitter for being a hypocrite and she blocked me.

Just my guess but me and Burrow are tight.
Reply/Quote
A clip just posted on X showing Burrow throwing balls without a calf sleeve at Paycor

WHODEY!!!
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2023, 06:15 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: That’s still not the same as being out on the field with team mates running sprints which is why I said he would be playing catch up.

Taylor has said that he’s still able to do his weight training he’s going to come back a beast.

I’d put good money on it that you will see him jogging in 2 weeks doing minimal throwing work and then the last 2 weeks 10 days before the browns he will be full blast.

Actually a few days in front of my prediction but just about spot on.

Will start jogging next week with maybe a bit of sharp movements depending on how the medical staff deem his recovery.

Was never a doubt for week 1
Reply/Quote
From the Benagls beat guys on twitter:

Joe Burrow was throwing 50 yard deep balls down the field. Now, he’s running sprints sideline to sideline.

The franchise QB looks like he’s doing just fine.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 04:35 PM)BengalBob Wrote: A clip just posted on X showing Burrow throwing balls without a calf sleeve at Paycor

WHODEY!!!

Just finished watching this video. I feel more optimistic now. Also lot of time left, we are basically one month away from regular season, so Joe can rest and play safe until we get there.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 04:39 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Actually a few days in front of my prediction but just about spot on.

Will start jogging next week with maybe a bit of sharp movements depending on how the medical staff deem his recovery.

Was never a doubt for week 1

He is already jogging. Another video shows him jogging on the field a few minutes ago. 
Reply/Quote
The next clip I want to see is him signing his extension.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 10:40 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Man the sports media is so weird. It was leaked by Kremcheck that it was a grade 1 strain about a week ago. The guy isn't in a walking boot and is walking around training camp giving thumbs ups and the "gnarly" sign.

I am not sure what would make anyone think he's going to miss week 1 that is still like a month away. Anything to be dramatic and get clicks and keep that 24 hours news cycle going, though.

Dr. Kremchek, an orthopedic surgeon who is affiliated with the Reds, claimed the MRI showed it to be a grade 1 strain and that Burrow would likely be back after three weeks. Today is the 16th day since the injury, which would mean by his timetable Burrow will start participating in practices next week. 

I suppose it is likely these other sites are just blowing smoke to have something to talk about, when they speculate a longer time out although why they don't care about their reputation befuddles me. Look at the "Bengals authority" who  was claiming, before the draft, that Higgins had all the details of his contract worked out. I don't know how he recovers his reputation from that. 
Reply/Quote