Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
Joe Burrow injury updates
(08-21-2023, 10:48 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: I’d seriously hope Burrow was smarter than that to wait on Tee though, we all know what a massive cockwomble his agent is.

Hmm, I will admit the idea that a franchise savior QB is holding off his own gazillion dollar contract because of Tee's own negotiations could give Tee's agent some extra leverage. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I really thought that Joe Burrow would be practicing by now. The injury was July 28, or 5 weeks tomorrow (Thursday). A grade 1 strain was projected at 1 to 3 weeks before resuming practice. I have been assuming that Burrow was practicing, but out of the sight of cameras. But according to this report, he is not practicing at all:

"A snag in contract negotiations is not why Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow is not practicing, coach Zac Taylor said on Tuesday.

In a virtual news conference, Taylor quickly and firmly denied that Burrow's absence is related to the inability between his side and the Bengals to reach a contract extension. Burrow has not participated in practice since he suffered a strained right calf on the second day of preseason workouts."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38285741/taylor-evasive-burrow-practice-status
Reply/Quote
Relax, it'll happen when it happens and then we will get to spend days talking about it.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 09:55 AM)Nepa Wrote: I really thought that Joe Burrow would be practicing by now. The injury was July 28, or 5 weeks tomorrow (Thursday). A grade 1 strain was projected at 1 to 3 weeks before resuming practice.  I have been assuming that Burrow was practicing, but out of the sight of cameras. But according to this report, he is not practicing at all:

"A snag in contract negotiations is not why Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow is not practicing, coach Zac Taylor said on Tuesday.

In a virtual news conference, Taylor quickly and firmly denied that Burrow's absence is related to the inability between his side and the Bengals to reach a contract extension. Burrow has not participated in practice since he suffered a strained right calf on the second day of preseason workouts."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38285741/taylor-evasive-burrow-practice-status

Only about a week and a half away from the opener now.
Dianna Russini may have ended up being right all along.
We'll see come next week.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 09:55 AM)Nepa Wrote: I really thought that Joe Burrow would be practicing by now. The injury was July 28, or 5 weeks tomorrow (Thursday). A grade 1 strain was projected at 1 to 3 weeks before resuming practice.  I have been assuming that Burrow was practicing, but out of the sight of cameras. But according to this report, he is not practicing at all:

He isn't practicing in a normal sense. That's what;s being reported here.

He's been working out and throwing behind closed doors for the past 3 weeks. Everyone needs to chil. You really think Burrow is the type of guy to sit out practice because of a contract (when hes not even in a contract year)? 

Kelsey Conway and her drama ass reporting causing a stir again. She's the worst. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 10:11 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He isn't practicing in a normal sense. That's what;s being reported here.

He's been working out and throwing behind closed doors for the past 3 weeks. Everyone needs to chil. You really think Burrow is the type of guy to sit out practice because of a contract (when hes not even in a contract year)? 

Kelsey Conway and her drama ass reporting causing a stir again. She's the worst. 

Or I guess Ben Baby in this case.
Reply/Quote

There was a rumor out that he reinjured the calf a couple weeks back when he was throwing and looking like he was progressing. He hasn't been seen throwing since. 

We should know for sure today as they are back at practice.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 10:27 AM)jj22 Wrote: There was a rumor out that he reinjured the calf a couple weeks back when he was throwing and looking like he was progressing. He hasn't been seen throwing since. 

Where did you see that? 
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 10:27 AM)jj22 Wrote: There was a rumor out that he reinjured the calf a couple weeks back when he was throwing and looking like he was progressing. He hasn't been seen throwing since. 

He was out with his boys at a Cincinnati FC game. He's fine.
Reply/Quote

and who reported that? BenBaby?
Reply/Quote
I read it earlier in this thread

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 10:11 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He isn't practicing in a normal sense. That's what;s being reported here.

Weezy, do have access to inside information on this (that Burrow has been throwing behind closed doors for the past three weeks), or a link?
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 12:02 PM)Nepa Wrote: Weezy, do have access to inside information on this (that Burrow has been throwing behind closed doors for the past three weeks), or a link?

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 12:02 PM)Nepa Wrote: Weezy, do have access to inside information on this (that Burrow has been throwing behind closed doors for the past three weeks), or a link?

I do not. Based on him throwing and running before the first preseason game though, I'd HIGHLY suspect it. There's been a lot of rumors and rumblings that he's been doing A LOT behind closed doors. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

This is correct. He’s been throwing and working out with Joey Boese in the indoor somebody said.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
The extensions doesn't really matter to me much. Bengals have a 5th year opition and can always tag Tee.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 12:12 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: This is correct. He’s been throwing and working out with Joey Boese in the indoor.

I would assume the player needs to be able to perform in a handful of normal practices before getting to actually play in a real game, right?
Or is Burrow the exception?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 12:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I would assume the player needs to be able to perform in a handful of normal practices before getting to actually play in a real game, right?
Or is Burrow the exception?

Totally agree
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 12:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote:

yes and since we only had 1 home game so that was great to see, i guess the concern is we have had little more about him throwing on field in practice etc.. so some could worry he had a setback but I am in the camp he is fine and unless we have no Joe Burrow under center sighting by early next week I believe he is still fine
Reply/Quote
Not really worried. Burrow has been conspicuously absent from view. Even when he had the appendectomy, he was cruising around practice in a golf cart. I think Zac shut down the chatter once he saw Chase make public statements. Zac's close to the vest on this stuff....a lot like Bellicheck. My guess is JB is practicing....when no media or public is around. I'm sure Zac told him to "chill" on making statements, too.

Maybe (and that's a big MAYBE) he realizes how crucial this period is for him. We're talking about a ½ a BILLION dollars at stake (probably more, given the contract he's expected to get). Getting seriously hurt in training camp, extending the injury to his calf even further, would likely weaken his contract. He's also the guy who is the undeniable leader of this team, and one of the leaders in all the NFL. He speaks, people stop and listen.

He ain't saying diddly about his practice, his calf, his contract....nothing! That's on purpose.

Brad Robbins had the most knowledge of our playbook. The Bengals didn't even hesitate to move on from him. If Burrow was that hurt, Robbins would be suiting up.

I believe 100% he's practicing right now, and that he'll be under center that first snap against the stains.
Reply/Quote