Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow makes pitch for Golladay
According to Ian, Joe Burrow has made a pitch to Kenny G.

Reply/Quote
Wonder if Golliday's visiting in person has anything to do with him coming off an injury and wanting to show the teams he is healthy?

Pretty sure he is not working out for teams, but they might have some sort of quick medical exam.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 03:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wonder if Golliday's visiting in person has anything to do with him coming off an injury and wanting to show the teams he is healthy?

Pretty sure he is not working out for teams, but they might have some sort of quick medical exam.

Yeah, it's been reported that the Giants want to check his hip out thoroughly.
Reply/Quote
Check him out. Don't want another Antonio Bryant signing...
Reply/Quote
But I must add, if Burrow is pushing for Golladay and we made a good offer I think he is a Bengal.

Sign Reiff, Donald Kelly and this has been a great Free Agency IMO.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 03:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wonder if Golliday's visiting in person has anything to do with him coming off an injury and wanting to show the teams he is healthy?

And, they just happen to have an MRI on site.....
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 03:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: But I must add, if Burrow is pushing for Golladay and we made a good offer I think he is a Bengal.

Totally Nate. If they get Kelly and Reiff that would be a very good effort in addition to the defensive maintenance (actually slightly more than that,  in adding Ogunjobi). 

Add KG, and it totally opens up the draft. Get another developmental WR or Chase, get Sewell or a an IOL in the 2nd round or later, or Pitts. Can get pretty much any position but QB and keep going bpa every round. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 03:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Check him out. Don't want another Antonio Bryant signing...

This.

Maybe he thinks the Bengals are easy pickings because both Antonio Bryant and AJ Green really cashed in when they were far from 100%.

I think it could be a nice signing, but the hip will need to be cleared.  

What could go wrong?
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 03:50 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: Totally Nate. If they get Kelly and Reiff that would be a very good effort in addition to the defensive maintenance (actually slightly more than that,  in adding Ogunjobi). 

Add KG, and it totally opens up the draft. Get another developmental WR or Chase, get Sewell or a an IOL in the 2nd round or later, or Pitts. Can get pretty much any position but QB and keep going bpa every round. 

Agree with everything you said MasterP. If Kelly can play Guard he could be a major upgrade for us and he can fill in at RT in a 
pinch in case Reiff goes down. I like the LO addition to the DT position, was wanting Rankins but hey, this guy is a good player 
when he tries to be. Golladay is a big play Receiver who like you said would help open the Draft so we aren't reaching for a WR 
early. Even though I like a lot of these WR's in this Draft. 

What is nice is we took care of Corner in FA, now we just need to take care of the OL to really free up the Draft. We got a pass 
rusher in Hendrickson and a decent pass rushing DT in Ogunjobi. We aren't as bad off as some make out. Especially if we make 
the moves we are talking about. We could be sitting nicely.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 03:55 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: This.

Maybe he thinks the Bengals are easy pickings because both Antonio Bryant and AJ Green really cashed in when they were far from 100%.

What could go wrong?

Don't want to hear about this down the road if this is the case. 

Our medical staff better check him out and not overlook anything.

That Bryant move was a big tarnish on this org. Even though we have a new medical staff now pretty sure.
Reply/Quote
Who clicked on that video for Ian? Click bait~

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 03:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And, they just happen to have an MRI on site.....

Bengals have an MRI on site also
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 04:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agree with everything you said MasterP. If Kelly can play Guard he could be a major upgrade for us and he can fill in at RT in a 
pinch in case Reiff goes down. I like the LO addition to the DT position, was wanting Rankins but hey, this guy is a good player 
when he tries to be. Golladay is a big play Receiver who like you said would help open the Draft so we aren't reaching for a WR 
early. Even though I like a lot of these WR's in this Draft. 

What is nice is we took care of Corner in FA, now we just need to take care of the OL to really free up the Draft. We got a pass 
rusher in Hendrickson and a decent pass rushing DT in Ogunjobi. We aren't as bad off as some make out. Especially if we make 
the moves we are talking about. We could be sitting nicely.
I'll be honest,  I was definitely disappointed with not picking up good OL players in FA, as that is a crucial need that I don't want to gamble on rookies to fill.  The disappointment will be gone if they sign two players like Reiff and Kelly. But that still remains to be seen.  If they wait until the draft,  I would still call it a bad play (no matter how the picks turn out), because they left it up to chance (on something as important as protecting your QB). Don't mind taking chances in other areas,  especially if it's not a very well known weakness, but not with JB's health. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 04:12 PM)jj22 Wrote: Who clicked on that video for Ian? Click bait~

It is only for the girl but never saw her in it. Just her in that ugly Cowgirl shirt. She had her lips done I tell yah. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 04:15 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: I'll be honest,  I was definitely disappointed with not picking up good OL players in FA, as that is a crucial need that I don't want to gamble on rookies to fill.  The disappointment will be gone if they sign two players like Reiff and Kelly. But that still remains to be seen.  If they wait until the draft,  I would still call it a bad play (no matter how the picks turn out), because they left it up to chance (on something as important as protecting your QB). Don't mind taking chances in other areas,  especially if it's not a very well known weakness, but not with JB's health. 

Same. Didn't like waiting this long to add to the O-line. Still if it comes out alright I will be happy. But like you said, never leave
it up to chance with your QB's health. Burrow is our future, protect it.
Reply/Quote
If we add a receiver I'd rather it be a draft pick personally. Supposed to be a deep class. But I guess this could work out. Offensive line would be better.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 03:14 PM)Trademark Wrote: According to Ian, Joe Burrow has made a pitch to Kenny G.

I did not know he was that big of a fan

[Image: rs-15308-kennyg-1800-1399899654.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 03:55 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: This.

What could go wrong?

Trae Waynes ....Let us hope he makes up for it.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 03:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: But I must add, if Burrow is pushing for Golladay and we made a good offer I think he is a Bengal.

And then draft PittsThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 04:29 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: If we add a receiver I'd rather it be a draft pick personally. Supposed to be a deep class. But I guess this could work out. Offensive line would be better.

I think they would still draft a WR at some point regardless.
Reply/Quote