Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament
(11-17-2023, 05:49 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Chase and Harrison Jr would be sick. 

I dont think we need another flashy skill player until we get that mess of a line in order.  
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:53 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Harrison will be no later than a 4th overall pick… depending on how the three QBs finish and test out.  That said, this is a stacked wr draft with (depending on who you follow) have 8-10 wide receivers within the top 40 prospects.  If there was a year to replace tee, this is (in theory) it.  

But, we saw how that played out with the tight end class last year.  

Maybe bowers 1st round and still get a great prospect with the 2nd pick and just follow value and position scarcity.

Agree completely 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 10:50 AM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: I dont think we need another flashy skill player until we get that mess of a line in order.  

Bengals have never been successful in drafting O-line players.  Plus the Line is better than what it's showing this year. Burrow being stationary and still flinging the ball damn near 90% of the time in the first 6 games really weighs them down. Could see a change coming in the OL Coach though and possibly a player as well.

Believe they will turn to FA once again to add another piece or one to replace Jonah if he bolts.

Yet in no way do I think the Bengals will be in position to draft Harrison or Bowers without trading up, which I would not do. The best draft pick I see is around the 10th selection. Yet adding either Bowers or Harrison would be sick and fun to imagine. 

But hey if they tag and trade Tee ? Then they could potentially have the 10th pick and say maybe a 16th - 32nd extra pick in return in Tee trade. Average it out and say 10th and 24th pick.  Bengals could address a couple needs quickly with hits here.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 11:28 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Bengals have never been successful in drafting O-line players.  Plus the Line is better than what it's showing this year. Burrow being stationary and still flinging the ball damn near 90% of the time in the first 6 games really weighs them down. Could see a change coming in the OL Coach though and possibly a player as well.

Believe they will turn to FA once again to add another piece or one to replace Jonah if he bolts.

Yet in no way do I think the Bengals will be in position to draft Harrison or Bowers without trading up, which I would not do. The best draft pick I see is around the 10th selection. Yet adding either Bowers or Harrison would be sick and fun to imagine. 

But hey if they tag and trade Tee ? Then they could potentially have the 10th pick and say maybe a 16th - 32nd extra pick in return in Tee trade. Average it out and say 10th and 24th pick.  Bengals could address a couple needs quickly with hits here.

Hopefully the dump Pollack as its clearly not working out no matter what lineup they use.  But youre right about drafting O line as they have been prewtty terrible at that fgor quite some time.  I think you might have to go back to levi jones and willie anderson to find some decent hoime grown boys.  Maybe you can throw Zeitkler in as well who seemed to be better than most of their busts like ogbuehi and jake fisher
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 10:50 AM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: I dont think we need another flashy skill player until we get that mess of a line in order.  

Probably not, but I think Tee is a goner.  Possibly this offseason.  Harrison is likely a non-conversation.  We could still back into a couple of wins this year unless they do a literal tank.  I still don't think they'll be top 5 pick bad.  Possible but not likely.  

If they target an offensive weapon, IMO it should be Bowers.  Better chance of actually getting him.  On top of that, you gain the advantage that KC has with Kelce being their number one weapon.  Top TEs make nowhere near what top receivers make, and you could have elite offensive firepower at a discount for a decade.  

I also believe that certain TEs add dimensions to offenses that almost no other player can.  Bowers could be one of these players.  

I agree with you about the line, but the organization has still failed to show that they can draft OL with any success.  At this point, there's a great chance that you're just throwing away draft capital on OL.  They can't even back into a worthy first round OL.  It's pretty astonishing.  

Also, having this conversation before Thanksgiving is nauseating.

Interior DL is another option that I'd heavily consider.  I think the gradual replacement of the vert's on defense is going well.  The only think missing is interior DL to either replace Reader or bring in the top shelf under tackle that they've always lacked.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 11:28 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Bengals have never been successful in drafting O-line players.  Plus the Line is better than what it's showing this year. Burrow being stationary and still flinging the ball damn near 90% of the time in the first 6 games really weighs them down. Could see a change coming in the OL Coach though and possibly a player as well.

I agree they have been bad at drafting O-line unfortunately but that needs to change. With these high dollar contracts for veteran players they need to figure out how to draft good offensive lineman.  I don't know what they need to do to get over bad O-line drafts but they need to get it together some how and sort that out so they don't always have to turn to free agency.  

So I'm not in the don't draft O-line because they have been bad at it camp. I'm more in the don't use it as an excuse and figure out how to improve your O-line drafts camp. I understand that the draft is always a bit of a gamble though.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Another offseason of weapons vs tackle debate. As our Oline issues continue years later, let’s not make that same move again. There will be tackles there in the top 10. That’s the move to replace Williams. Give the new OLine coach a high pick.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
There is no possible way he won't possibly play. I think it's possible he might possibly play.
Reply/Quote