Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Burrow throwing the middle of the field
(10-12-2022, 01:22 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Some people are scared shitless of that elephant in the room Nico....I ain't. LOL

Burrow doesn’t fixate on Chase though. Or at least he doesn’t when he has a healthy Tee out there.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 08:55 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burrow doesn’t fixate on Chase though. Or at least he doesn’t when he has a healthy Tee out there.

Good stuff man....I guess what has been said is correct, need more Boyd the way defenses are currently playing them. Or put Chase in the slot.... something. That thread you started about Chase's route tree is an eye opener.  I guess my memories are of the times he's forced it to Chase and it wound up bad. That's not fixation, that's just a bad decision here and there. All QBs do it from time to time. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 01:09 AM)Wyche Wrote: No maybe to it..... it's either that, or more of the same. 

I had to use maybe since I don't know anything about running a professional football offense.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
We are tied with the steelers and rams for the worst yards per play in the NFL (4.8 ypp)

You can blame whoever you want - but that is unacceptable with Borrow/Chase/Boyd and Higgins

We have not even played great defenses outside of dallas
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 09:42 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I had to use maybe since I don't know anything about running a professional football offense.  Hilarious

Well, me either, lol....but what you said isn't wrong in my book.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 09:46 AM)ATOTR Wrote: We are tied with the steelers and rams for the worst yards per play in the NFL (4.8 ypp)

You can blame whoever you want - but that is unacceptable with Borrow/Chase/Boyd and Higgins

We have not even played great defenses outside of dallas

We got the steelers when they had TJ Watt though. They are formidable with that guy on the field.

But yeah, unacceptable is the right word for how our Offense has played so far with the players we have.

The OL is starting to come around so that is encouraging. We know Burrow and the boys can get it done.

Just need to have better play calling and execution and we should be fine.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 02:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We got the steelers when they had TJ Watt though. They are formidable with that guy on the field.

But yeah, unacceptable is the right word for how our Offense has played so far with the players we have.

The OL is starting to come around so that is encouraging. We know Burrow and the boys can get it done.

Just need to have better play calling and execution and we should be fine.

I do think we win 5 of the next 6.  And come into the last 6 games of the season healthy and ready to make the playoffs again. 

basically, be at 7-4 going down the home stretch.   
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 03:29 PM)ATOTR Wrote: I do think we win 5 of the next 6.  And come into the last 6 games of the season healthy and ready to make the playoffs again. 

Coming out of the bye with a winning record and off a win the game prior would be a good boost for the home stretch. Gotta get it done 

Reply/Quote
You have to look at just this season. And then you notice the ignoring of Boyd and fixation on Chase and Higgins: Boyd has 23 targets in 5 games and Chase has 53 targets in 5 games with Higgins at 28 in a bit less than 4. And the last debacle against the Rats was ridiculous with Boyd having only 4 targets while being wide open on almost every relevant pass play in the intermediate zone.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 03:29 PM)ATOTR Wrote: I do think we win 5 of the next 6.  And come into the last 6 games of the season healthy and ready to make the playoffs again. 

Could definitely see this happening. Cool
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 08:55 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burrow doesn’t fixate on Chase though. Or at least he doesn’t when he has a healthy Tee out there.

(10-12-2022, 05:03 PM)Joelist Wrote: You have to look at just this season. And then you notice the ignoring of Boyd and fixation on Chase and Higgins: Boyd has 23 targets in 5 games and Chase has 53 targets in 5 games with Higgins at 28 in a bit less than 4. And the last debacle against the Rats was ridiculous with Boyd having only 4 targets while being wide open on almost every relevant pass play in the intermediate zone.

Maybe I wasn't imagining it Nico....check out these numbers from this season.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 10:39 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Maybe I wasn't imagining it Nico....check out these numbers from this season.

Tee has missed significant time though. He went out halfway through the 2nd quarter against the Steelers, and barely played at all against the Ravens. He played 26% and 16% of the offensive snaps respectively in those two games. Ofc the numbers are going to be skewed.

That’s why I said “when Burrow has a healthy Tee” he doesn’t really lock onto Chase. He spreads the ball pretty equally among the two of them.

One thing nobody probably wants to talk about is how limited Boyd is outside of the slot. Which makes it harder to move Chase around as much as they’d probably like to.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 10:50 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tee has missed significant time though. He went out halfway through the 2nd quarter against the Steelers, and barely played at all against the Ravens. He played  26% and 16% of the offensive snaps respectively in those two games. Ofc the numbers are going to be skewed.

That’s why I said “when Burrow has a healthy Tee” he doesn’t really lock onto Chase. He spreads the ball pretty equally among the two of them.

One thing nobody probably wants to talk about is how limited Boyd is outside of the slot. Which makes it harder to move Chase around as much as they’d probably like to.

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, he does like Tee a lot as well, and as you mentioned Boyd has his limitations. That said, if he's there, and he's open, we gotta take those positive gains. What this really shows is the depth behind those three is lacking a bit.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 10:58 AM)Wyche Wrote: Ah, gotcha. Yeah, he does like Tee a lot as well, and as you mentioned Boyd has his limitations. That said, if he's there, and he's open, we gotta take those positive gains. What this really shows is the depth behind those three is lacking a bit.

Yes, Burrow needs to start finding the open man. He has had trouble with this this year.

Hurst was open all game against the Jets and Burrow didn't see it.

Boyd was open all game against the Ravens and didn't see it.

What is good is he will see the film and address it. One thing about Burrow is this is not common with him.

He usually always finds the open man.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:11 PM)Housh Wrote: This is coaching. Coaches decide where they want the ball matriculated.

Zac is telling Burrow to take this short shit and with how bad the line played last year and in games 1 and 2 i can’t blame him. But the line is solid now and we are still running the dink dunk offense.

We are idiots

I rewatched the tape, Burrow had time and gave up way too early, once he sees the formation he makes the adjustments , he made those decisions too quick at times... not all his fault but the QB has a bit of control when he gets to the line and ball is snapped..
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 01:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, Burrow needs to start finding the open man. He has had trouble with this this year.

Hurst was open all game against the Jets and Burrow didn't see it.

Boyd was open all game against the Ravens and didn't see it.

What is good is he will see the film and address it. One thing about Burrow is this is not common with him.

He usually always finds the open man.

I was just thinking of something Nate.... remember how he had some issues his first year, but after he saw a team once and got film study, he was much better figuring out their defense the second time around. By the third time, he was torching them. Maybe we're seeing his adjustments in real time right now. I have faith he will adapt.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 04:36 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I was just thinking of something Nate.... remember how he had some issues his first year, but after he saw a team once and got film study, he was much better figuring out their defense the second time around. By the third time, he was torching them. Maybe we're seeing his adjustments in real time right now. I have faith he will adapt.

Burrow seeing a team twice is a death sentence to defenses

But he also did used to be way better at adjusting in game too. Zac did too.

With that said he has put together game winning drives in 2/3 losses. Just couldn’t hold on

I’m just not that worried about him yet

I’m counting this as his sophomore slump.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
No disrespect to our great WRs, but I want more Hurst.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 04:36 PM)Wyche Wrote: I was just thinking of something Nate.... remember how he had some issues his first year, but after he saw a team once and got film study, he was much better figuring out their defense the second time around. By the third time, he was torching them. Maybe we're seeing his adjustments in real time right now. I have faith he will adapt.

Nice observation Wyche, cause this is true. Burrow torches teams once he sees what their Defense is doing and he does it in 
ways I haven't seen it done. He is extremely smart and sees the field better than about anybody. I also have faith he will adapt
and will get to torching teams once again once he starts to get comfortable and starts to see.

Just happy this happened early and the OL finally is starting to come together in the Gap scheme. The Wide Zone clearly didn't
fit what our OL is good at. Burrow likes it out of the Shotgun, we ran the ball well out of the Shotgun against the Ravens and in
our Gap, I think things are coming together and I hope to see it big time on Sunday against the Saints.
Reply/Quote

I see us winning 4 games over next 6 but I see Ravens going 5-1 and pretty much taking over the division, we will be battling for a wild card the rest of the way
Reply/Quote