Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Mixon
https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2018/12/28/joe-mixon-win-first-bengals-rushing-title-since-1968/

One of the few bright spots this season. To bad our coaching staff chose to ignore him in many situations.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 10:46 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2018/12/28/joe-mixon-win-first-bengals-rushing-title-since-1968/

One of the few bright spots this season. To bad our coaching staff chose to ignore him in many situations.

Coaching staff ignored him and he still is 8th in the league in carries. Can you imagine how many more carries he'd have if we stopped the stupid rotating RB thign we do?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 10:50 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Coaching staff ignored him and he still is 8th in the league in carries. Can you imagine how many more carries he'd have if we stopped the stupid rotating RB thign we do?

Yep, there are several games where he had 11 carries, 12 carries, and they way underutilized him in the passing game all season basically.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 10:57 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep, there are several games where he had 11 carries, 12 carries, and they way underutilized him in the passing game all season basically.

And on top of all of the above, he missed two games.  I think Joe has a chance to be a real leader of this team, unless the losing keeps up, and the same old same old...(Marvin, Hue, etc.)  I pray he doesn't go Corey Dillon on us. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 11:15 AM)No-huddle Joe Wrote: And on top of all of the above, he missed two games.  I think Joe has a chance to be a real leader of this team, unless the losing keeps up, and the same old same old...(Marvin, Hue, etc.)  I pray he doesn't go Corey Dillon on us. 

That's my fear ! This coaching staff will totally ruin him
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 11:15 AM)No-huddle Joe Wrote:   I pray he doesn't go Corey Dillon on us. 

It's coming, this guy doesn't seem to take losing very well.  If he aspires for more than mediocrity, which it appears he does, he'll be the next Dillon.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 10:50 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Coaching staff ignored him and he still is 8th in the league in carries. Can you imagine how many more carries he'd have if we stopped the stupid rotating RB thign we do?

I think the fact that only 3 RBs have more carries per game than Mixon proves that we did not "ignore" him.  And when you combine carries and targets only 4 RBs average more per game than Mixon.

Mixon has never played a full 16 game season.  If we ran him like you guys want to he probably would not last more than a couple of more seasons.
Reply/Quote
He’s 8th in carries after missing time with an injury and we complain he’s not getting fed enough.

Edit: ha just just read toast post after I said this and completely agree with him. Hell has frozen over.
Reply/Quote
I voted Boyd when we did the 1st half MVP poll, but if we did another one for the entire season my vote goes to Mixon. Hands down. What he’s done behind our horrible OL this season is truly remarkable. If AJ retired tomorrow he’s probably my favorite player on the team.

Reply/Quote
I just don't see him waiting as long as Dillon did to force his way out. Chances are that the Bengals will be even worse next year as Marvin could very well have his 4th losing season in a row. Mike Brown allowed David Shula 5 losing seasons (fired after going 1-6 to start the 5th season), so I seriously doubt Lewis is going anywhere as he's far more beloved than Shula was.

Mixon is already making noise about the losing and whatnot. He looks up to LeVeon Bell and I bet admires all the success the Steelers have had. I think he gives it another year and tries to force a trade if they don't win. I think many of us have seen this same story unfold before.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 11:45 AM)Wyche Wrote: It's coming, this guy doesn't seem to take losing very well.  If he aspires for more than mediocrity, which it appears he does, he'll be the next Dillon.

I was thinking the same thing
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 12:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I voted Boyd when we did the 1st half MVP poll, but if we did another one for the entire season my vote goes to Mixon. Hands down. What he’s done behind our horrible OL this season is truly remarkable. If AJ retired tomorrow he’s probably my favorite player on the team.

Right !

When you really stop and think about the mountain of obstacles in front of him, very poor Oline, under utilization in several games, missing games to injury, coaching staff with very subpar play calling and scheming, it's very near amazing.
Reply/Quote
Fix the offensive line and he could rush for 1600+ yards.
Reply/Quote
Mixon has been great (elite), but it's a pretty lame year when 1,100 yards can win the rushing title.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 11:45 AM)Wyche Wrote: It's coming, this guy doesn't seem to take losing very well.  If he aspires for more than mediocrity, which it appears he does, he'll be the next Dillon.

Yep. And fans will likely side with the Bengals like they did in all those other cases.

Reality is the players know something is up with this team.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 10:57 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep, there are several games where he had 11 carries, 12 carries, and they way underutilized him in the passing game all season basically.

The underutilization in the passing game has been my problem this year. We lost Green and Eifert and this
guy is just the type of back to atleast spell them for games while players like Ross get accustomed to the NFL.

Mixon is a good reason for a good coach to come here cause like you already said if we keep these coaches
they will run him out of town. Mixon doesn't like to lose and neither does Boyd, bringing in a good HC would
help this team more than anything. I still think we have a lot of talent here on both sides of the ball.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 02:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Mixon has been great (elite), but it's a pretty lame year when 1,100 yards can win the rushing title.

It is only the AFC rushing title.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 02:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. And fans will likely side with the Bengals like they did in all those other cases.

Reality is the players know something is up with this team.

I have never sided with dumbass Mikey, myself.  I was pissed off from the Klingler draft pick onward.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 02:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The underutilization in the passing game has been my problem this year. We lost Green and Eifert and this
guy is just the type of back to atleast spell them for games while players like Ross get accustomed to the NFL.

Mixon is only 18th in targets among RBs (54), but that is because Bernard is 26th (43).  Together they have 97.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 03:08 PM)Wyche Wrote: I have never sided with dumbass Mikey, myself.  I was pissed off from the Klingler draft pick onward.....

Same with a lot of other Bengals fans.  Not sure what Pistons is talking about.

Dillon did not handle it well flipping off fans and all that, but I was not on the internet back then so I don't know how most Bengal fans felt about him wanting out.
Reply/Quote