Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Joe Mixon Appreciation Thread
(12-21-2019, 01:11 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Not tough when you have a bunch of scrubs everywhere else and your real best player broke his Pinky nail.

Boyd, Dunlap, Geno, Hubbard, Dennard...

There are some good players on this team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2019, 02:03 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Boyd, Dunlap, Geno, Hubbard, Dennard...

There are some good players on this team.

There's definitely higher end talent. We have to bring up the low quality starters to atleast average and we'll be much better.

The offensive line is going to be weird to see how they address it. It's pass blocking and run blocking better...atleast on paper. And we're still losing. Like seems obvious that they'd replace Hart, right? He's actually been playing better the last few games.

A guy like Hopkins actually declined recently after starting the year great. (Maybe he isn't as good in the new scheme?)

Miller is out with a concussion.

Price just seems lost in either scheme. MJ seems to be playing a little better.
Reply/Quote
Bump

I love this guy.

Reply/Quote
Joe mixon is going to be expensive on his next contract but I think he deserves it. I love his attitude and his fire and he's so thoughtful with fans.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 06:14 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Joe mixon is going to be expensive on his next contract but I think he deserves it. I love his attitude and his fire and he's so thoughtful with fans.

PAY THE MAN

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 06:14 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Joe mixon is going to be expensive on his next contract but I think he deserves it. I love his attitude and his fire and he's so thoughtful with fans.

Did Mike Brown take a chance and sign Joe Mixon? (not a question for you)

How did that work out?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

11 or 12 mil would be my guess but the Bengals have the cap space to pull it off if they get a QB on a rookie contract. Need to do it this offseason so they can spread a 3 or 4 year extension over an a 4 or 5 year period.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 08:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can we just take a minute and appreciate how good this guy is? He only needs 75 yards in the last 2 games to hit 1000 for the season. Pretty remarkable given how bad our running game was until a few weeks ago.

If we can add a QB like Burrow that teams will have to respect our offense should be a lot better next year. Taylor just needs to get better at calling plays. Especially in the red zone.

#28 has been one of the only bright spots during this miserable season. Just wanted to give him some props.
Definitely beast mode today. I will admit when the Browns scored late I thought "here we go again" but that last drive was a thing of beauty.
Reply/Quote
Thanks for the effort, Joe!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 06:15 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Did Mike Brown take a chance and sign Joe Mixon? (not a question for you)

How did that work out?

Yea...it worked out. Many thought Joe was a 1st round talent and even the best running back in that draft. Of course we all know why Joe's stock dropped and well when Mike Brown can get 1st round talent for 2nd round prices; who doesn't like a bargain? Ninja
Reply/Quote
I don't know about the rest of you, but I certainly will never pick a fight in a phone booth with Joe..  Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Seeing a guy wearing the number 28 run like a man possessed for a team that ended the year at 2-14 really brought back some fond memories.
Reply/Quote
Screw that guy.

Going and taking balls back from a dude after tossing it up to him Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 06:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Seeing a guy wearing the number 28 run like a man possessed for a team that ended the year at 2-14 really brought back some fond memories.

Some of you just can’t be happy lol

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 06:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Some of you just can’t be happy lol

I just watched every second of a 2-14 season...ease up.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 06:35 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Screw that guy.

Going and taking balls back from a dude after tossing it up to him Ninja

Man I loved what he did for that kid. Youthful indiscretion aside, this guy is so damn easy to root for.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 06:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I just watched every second of a 2-14 season...ease up.

You just watched a win over a division rival. Don’t always look at the negative.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 06:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Seeing a guy wearing the number 28 run like a man possessed for a team that ended the year at 2-14 really brought back some fond memories.

You've had a sad and/or twisted and/or depraved life if those are your fond memories.  PLEASE do not tell us about the unpleasant memories! Cool
Reply/Quote
Thanks for giving it your all Joe, it's appreciated.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 06:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You just watched a win over a division rival. Don’t always look at the negative.

Mixon is awesome...so was Corey Dillon.  I still don't see how I'm being negative by handing it to RBs who wear #28 and run their asses off even though they are playing for god-awful teams.

Am I being negative because I'm comparing him to a guy who wanted out of here?  Or is even mentioning the fact that we are 2-14 and the worst team in the league considered negative?
Reply/Quote