Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Mixon, I'm a believer
Ok, that move he put on Josh Norman was wicked! You could actually see him looking up field even while he was making this move on Norman. Kid is thinking ahead. Kind of like, " I see you, but I don't care"!!
Reply/Quote
He's going to be something special, I feel; fantastic agility, especially for his size.

Just not this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 01:53 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He's going to be something special, I feel; fantastic agility, especially for his size.

Just not this year.

Why not?  Running backs can easily come into the league NFL ready.  His numbers may not reflect it, but his play will.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 04:02 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Why not?  Running backs can easily come into the league NFL ready.  His numbers may not reflect it, but his play will.

Cause he will split time with Hill and Gio   limiting his potential this season
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 04:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Cause he will split time with Hill and Gio   limiting his potential this season

Agreed, but that won't affect if he is a special player.  Just because he won't post a 2000 yard season doesn't mean much.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 04:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Cause he will split time with Hill and Gio   

Not for long.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 01:53 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He's going to be something special, I feel; fantastic agility, especially for his size.

Just not this year.

As others have said, I do't see why he couldn't.

Sure, he'll split carries. And I know Marvin prefers to reduce the roles of rookies when possible ("Look, over there, it's a second year first round pick with a hang nail, get him on IR before it's too late!"). But if Mixon makes the most of every down — and every back pretty much has to these days — there's no reason he can't make a noticeable impact even with fewer snaps than a "starting" RB. 
Reply/Quote
The boy has fire too. You can tell he loves playing football. He will be a household name for more reasons than the obvious before you know it. Simply electrifying.

Reply/Quote
This guy will be a Superstar barring injuries, he reminds me of a mixture of AP, Bell and Barry Sanders.

Has all these guys qualities but he is more elusive than AP, is faster than Bell and bigger than Barry.

I think Mixon could be better than Corey Dillon.
Reply/Quote
Until he goes off against pitt for 200 yards and the commish decides to suspend him for something he did when he was 7 years old....

The guy has talent, and hopefully doesn't even get a parking ticket, because the witch hunt around here is real.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I'm pretty sure both Hill and Bernard carried the ball a lot as rookies. Mixon will as well....
Reply/Quote
20 carries for 78 yards (3.9 YPC), 0 TDs, and 1 fumble. What's not to love?

I hope he does well too. But I might want to see just a little more before we start making recervations in Canton
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 05:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 20 carries for 78 yards (3.9 YPC), 0 TDs, and 1 fumble. What's not to love?

I hope he does well too. But I might want to see just a little more before we start making recervations in Canton

This just shows stats don't tell you everything.

He has made wow plays. That screen in the Tampa game and the play on Norman were as the OP said wicked.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 05:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 20 carries for 78 yards (3.9 YPC), 0 TDs, and 1 fumble. What's not to love?

What we are seeing is the feet, the power and the balance, the things the great ones have.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 05:57 PM)McC Wrote: What we are seeing is the feet, the power and the balance, the things the great ones have.

And the vision, hands, burst, elusiveness, quick twitch and ability to make something out of nothing...

Fun to watch this kid run. Light years different than Hill and Hill has played well this Preseason.
Reply/Quote

Aha, straddling the fence so you can easily drop to one side or the other. Cowards gonna coward.

And don't be jelly homie, I just have my own mood.

Reply/Quote
Remember that YPC is distorted both by line play and by our making him run inside rather than outside the last two games - I know they did it so the OL got the practice but Mixon is best in space not pounding the DL.
Reply/Quote
Everyone wants to use the Bell comparison. When I see Mixon play to me he's the spitting image of Adrian Peterson.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 06:11 PM)Synric Wrote: Everyone wants to use the Bell comparison. When I see Mixon play to me he's the spitting image of Adrian Peterson.

Maybe not as physical as AP yet, but they both run upright and are ripped.

Mixon is the better pass catcher of the two though.

That is really where the Bell comparison comes in with the patience and vision.
Reply/Quote

Just not this year.

I think he has all the makings of a star as well. And the more I think about it the more I hope they can afford to bring him along kinda slowly. (not this year)

1.) It will mean Hill and Gio are getting it done.

2.) Mixon will be a fresh ace in the hole in the back 3rd of season

3.) Rb's seem to have a pretty consistent service life in number of carries, just means he'll have a tic more in the tank when Hill and Gio are gone.
Reply/Quote