Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Joe Mixon May Hold Out
(04-17-2020, 02:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Wasn't Paul Dehner the one to report it?  He's not a national mainstream guy. I havent really followed the specifics though.  

He's also not a throw a buncha shit at the wall and see what sticks kinda guy.  I'm thinking his name on it at least adds some measure of legitimacy to it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 02:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Wasn't Paul Dehner the one to report it?  He's not a national mainstream guy. I havent really followed the specifics though.  

Yeah but it wasn't from Mixon's mouth it is from his agent doing his job.

Mixon just wants to be paid what he is worth. No need to hate on the guy or act like he is being an ass or needs to grow up.

Pay the man what he is worth, that is all.

(04-17-2020, 02:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just agent chatter.  It is their job to say things like this.

Under the new CBA I don't see any way Mixon holds out.  He may miss some offseason workouts, but he will be there for training camp.

Exactly.

(04-17-2020, 03:01 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He's a sensitive fairy though, so he definitely writes with a bit of emotion and too much opinion, sometimes.

(He blocked me when I responded to a tweet of his, saying, "man, this is a depressing place," with, "then why not look for a new job?" I wasn't snarky, I wasn't a dick, I genuinely posed that question; block. Fairy.)

Sensitive. I can see Major Payne saying this as I wrote that lol
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 02:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Uh, Shady, this is a media driven story. Mixon of course wants to be paid more than he is which is bottom of the barrel.

Don't judge Mixon on this, judge the shitty ass mainstream media that keeps pushing these stories.

Same shit as the Burrow doesn't want to be here stories. It is BS man.

Mixon will not hold out, he will be paid what he deserves and will tear it up, mark my words.

Thanks for the reminder about the media. They're totally corrupt across the board, even in sports. Nuff said.

The "threat" concerns me, but you're right. It's probably been blown out of proportion by ckick-bait, profit seeking, Bengal hating clowns in the media. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Generally speaking, I'm against throwing big money at RB's. It's just not something that smart/successful teams seem to do. If you have good guys up front, you can throw almost any decent RB back there and he'll average over 4 ypc. If Mixon wants anything resembling Gurley money, I'd let him walk. I was expecting a discount considering we took a flyer on him with his background.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 03:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Generally speaking, I'm against throwing big money at RB's. It's just not something that smart/successful teams seem to do. If you have good guys up front, you can throw almost any decent RB back there and he'll average over 4 ypc. If Mixon wants anything resembling Gurley money, I'd let him walk. I was expecting a discount considering we took a flyer on him with his background.

I wouldn't even necessarily ask for a discount.  Just a reasonable contract that is not based on the insane number McCaffrey just got.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 12:04 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yea, what is unique there is you could theoretically move him to slot receiver if the grind of carrying a full workload got too much for his body and he'd still probably be an elite slot guy.

Joe Mixon is a elite stud running back and DESERVES GOOD MONEY. He lays it out on every run and he is special and would protect Joe Burrow big time. Mr Brown needs to realize this guy is a top rb and should get his money.He makes our team legit and rbs like this guy is hard to find.I love the guy and I want him to be satisfied with the money they offer him. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 04:04 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Joe Mixon is a elite stud running back and DESERVES GOOD MONEY. He lays it out on every run and he is special and would protect Joe Burrow big time. Mr Brown needs to realize this guy is a top rb and should get his money.He makes our team legit and rbs like this guy is hard to find.I love the guy and I want him to be satisfied with the money they offer him. :andy:

I don't disagree with what you say.  All I'll say is go back in time and list all the times anyone ever got Mike to do something that he didn't think was best for his team by threatening him. 

They say the key for an entertainer is knowing your audience and I think that applies here.

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 12:58 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Maybe because since Mixon has been the starting RB, we've had a worse record each year. I want to pay the players that help us win more. So add better lineman, LBs, CBs, etc. I want our "best player" to have an impact to win more games than we lose.

Good grief.... he went for over 1100 yds. both years he has been here, behind our horrendous offensive line. You want to put the teams win/loss record on him?
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 04:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Good grief.... he went for over 1100 yds. both years he has been here, behind our horrendous offensive line. You want to put the teams win/loss record on him?

He’s actually been here 3 years.

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 04:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Good grief.... he went for over 1100 yds. both years he has been here, behind our horrendous offensive line. You want to put the teams win/loss record on him?

I'm saying if you want to pay him like a top 5 back, he has to overcome a horrendous line because...that's why you're paying him that much. He taking away however much money from making the line better to make them look better. Plus, he went for 1100 yards and we still had a losing record each year. Like I stated above, it's a passing league, so the RB position is devalued more and more.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 02:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You have no idea if Edwards-Helaire will amount to anything in the NFL.  Every year there are star college RBs that are drafted high and flop.  

I believe Clyde has a second round grade, and I showed before only about 10% of RBs taken in the second round have produced as well as Mixon.
What I do know, is if Mixon tries to force MB's hand, it's not going to turn out good for him. We all know about wanting more money or other things and still being under contract (see Carson Palmer). MB is stubborn.

Scenario 1: Mixon doesn't hold out because his agent gives him good advice about the new CBA. Mixon plays this year for 1.2 million.

Scenario 2: MB gets miffed about Mixon making noise about "not honoring his contract"(we know how MB feels about this) and trades Mixon for a player or draft pick(s). Forcing a RB too be taken in the 2nd or 3rd.

Scenario 3: Bengals decide to placate Mixon. Meaning trading Dalton/Bernard together or separate for picks. Opening up $$$ for Mixon's extension...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 03:33 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Thanks for the reminder about the media. They're totally corrupt across the board, even in sports. Nuff said.

The "threat" concerns me, but you're right. It's probably been blown out of proportion by ckick-bait, profit seeking, Bengal hating clowns in the media. 

No prob bro. It is just Joe's agent doing his job trying to get Joe paid is all. Then it gets blown up like this.

No need to hate on Mixon for it. It isn't him, he has been nothing but a great teammate and player for us.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 04:32 PM)McC Wrote: I don't disagree with what you say.  All I'll say is go back in time and list all the times anyone ever got Mike to do something that he didn't think was best for his team by threatening him. 

They say the key for an entertainer is knowing your audience and I think that applies here.

Where is Mixon threatening Mike again? This is his agent trying to get him paid is all and he deserves to be paid more 
than 1.2 mil a year and I would think even Mike would agree with that.

(04-17-2020, 05:03 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I'm saying if you want to pay him like a top 5 back, he has to overcome a horrendous line because...that's why you're paying him that much. He taking away however much money from making the line better to make them look better. Plus, he went for 1100 yards and we still had a losing record each year. Like I stated above, it's a passing league, so the RB position is devalued more and more.

Pay him like a top 10 back and he will be happy I am sure. 10 mil a year or around that mark, very fair.

Moving on from the likes of Dalton, Shawn and Gio would make this easily doable.

(04-17-2020, 05:21 PM)JSR18 Wrote: What I do know, is if Mixon  tries to force MB's hand, it's not going to turn out good for him. We all know about wanting more money or other things and still being under contract (see Carson Palmer). MB is stubborn.

Scenario 1: Mixon doesn't hold out because his agent gives him good advice about the new CBA. Mixon plays this year for 1.2 million.

Scenario 2: MB gets miffed about  Mixon making noise about "not honoring his contract"(we know how MB feels about this) and trades Mixon for a player or draft pick(s). Forcing a RB too be taken in the 2nd or 3rd.

Scenario 3: Bengals decide to placate Mixon. Meaning trading Dalton/Bernard together or separate for picks. Opening up $$$ for Mixon's extension...

Again, Mixon is not trying to force MB's hand, so quit saying it guys. 

Scenario 3 is what is most likely going to happen JSR18. Cool
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 05:03 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Like I stated above, it's a passing league.

That is just not true.

None of the top four passing teams even made the playoffs last year, and only 3 of the top 10 got into postseason.

Meanwhile all of the top 4 rushing teams made the playoffs along with 7 of the top 10.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 05:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No prob bro. It is just Joe's agent doing his job trying to get Joe paid is all. Then it gets blown up like this.

No need to hate on Mixon for it. It isn't him, he has been nothing but a great teammate and player for us.
Joe's agent has to realize that Joe is under contract this year. That's all MB cares about, honoring your contract. If MB thinks that you need an extension and the $$$ are there he will initiate a new contract.

For now, it looks like Joe may have to wait until next year to "get paid"...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 05:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Where is Mixon threatening Mike again? This is his agent trying to get him paid is all and he deserves to be paid more 

Pay him like a top 10 back and he will be happy I am sure. 10 mil a year or around that mark, very fair.

Moving on from the likes of Dalton, Shawn and Gio would make this easily doable.

What is holding out if not trying to force Mike's hand?

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 05:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Where is Mixon threatening Mike again? This is his agent trying to get him paid is all and he deserves to be paid more 

Just don’t see it as a good idea. To many trends of team regretting paying them that much for me to think we won’t feel the same way
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 02:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You have no idea if Edwards-Helaire will amount to anything in the NFL.  Every year there are star college RBs that are drafted high and flop.  

I believe Clyde has a second round grade, and I showed before only about 10% of RBs taken in the second round have produced as well as Mixon.
WhoDey2 You are a numbers guy. I put zero stock in your numbers and statistics. I prefer, like your favorite all-time HC, to see better than I hear. 

And from what I've seen (and what you've seen since you're a self-professed  SEC guy) Clyde Edwards-Helaire will produce just fine on Sundays...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 05:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Where is Mixon threatening Mike again? This is his agent trying to get him paid is all and he deserves to be paid more 

WhoDey2 Nate, I'm not trying to argue with you. However, isn't a holdout (if it happens) or Mixon's agent trying to make MB forget about the last year of a contract essentially trying to make MB do something he apparently may not want to do this year,  forcing his hand??

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 05:37 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Joe's agent has to realize that Joe is under contract this year. That's all MB cares about, honoring your contract. If MB thinks that you need an extension and the $$$ are there he will initiate a new contract.

For now, it looks like Joe may have to wait until next year to "get paid"...

All MB needs to care about is setting this team up for Joe Burrow.

Joe Mixon helps with that and right now is the time to pay the man before our O-line gets decent and Burrow is here.

We keep Mixon here for 3 or 4 more years and you have a proven weapon that has only scratched the surface of what he 
can do. Mixon has never been used in the passing game properly where he would really thrive. Pay him before you cannot.

(04-17-2020, 05:52 PM)McC Wrote: What is holding out if not trying to force Mike's hand?

He cannot hold out, it would not help him at all to do so with the new CBA.

Mixon would be paid nothing if he held out under the new CBA. This is all just talk from an agent then the media blowing it
out of proportion as usual.
Reply/Quote