Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Mixon - Rumors He May Be Cut
(02-16-2024, 01:15 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I don't believe Mixon restructured his contract to help the team. I believe Mixon did it to avoid being cut. 

LMAO no I doubt anybody currently above ground would either. Joe Burrow didn’t seem to either.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2024, 02:55 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: LMAO no I doubt anybody currently above ground would either. Joe Burrow didn’t seem to either.

Aaron Rodgers
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2024, 03:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Aaron Rodgers

bfine32 are you serious? Mixon took almost a 50% pay cut. Rodgers 25% but still making 37 million. LMAO
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2024, 04:26 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: bfine32 are you serious? Mixon took almost a 50% pay cut. Rodgers 25% but still making 37 million. LMAO

Rodgers is also likely going to be a HOFer, Mixon will likely be a footnote..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2024, 04:26 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: bfine32 are you serious? Mixon took almost a 50% pay cut. Rodgers 25% but still making 37 million. LMAO

But the question asked was "why they took the pay cut?"

Mixon took his to stay employed

AAron took his to help the team

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2024, 04:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But the question asked was "why they took the pay cut?"

Mixon took his to stay employed

AAron took his to help the team

Aaron took his to get on a team in a city he wanted to go to. If it was to help Green Bay I’d give it to you. But in fact he would not at Green Bay. So it’s not the same. Trying to compare Mixon taking a near 50% cut to 4.6 million vs Rodgers a 25% cut from 50 to 37.5 million ? Oh my!.

Reply/Quote
I think it will all come down to the free agent RB market again.

If there are better players out there taking less money and the value of RB contracts continues to decline we may have to ask him to renegotiate again or go get better value.

His roster bonus due March 17 and free agency kicking off March 13 makes me think they structured it that way for a reason.

He is a team leader and seems loved by the front and entire team. But the whole it's a business thing always comes sooner or later.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2024, 04:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Rodgers is also likely going to be a HOFer, Mixon will likely be a footnote..

Of course but is it relative to the conversation?

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2024, 05:31 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Aaron took his to get on a team in a city he wanted to go to. If it was to help Green Bay I’d give it to you. But in fact he would not at Green Bay. So it’s not the same. Trying to compare Mixon taking a near 50% cut to 4.6 million  vs Rodgers a 25% cut from 50 to 37.5 million ? Oh my!.
I don't need you to "give it to me". Why are things so hard?

KG said this:
KillerGoose Wrote: Wrote:I don't believe Mixon restructured his contract to help the team. I believe Mixon did it to avoid being cut. 

You replied with this:
Soonerpeace Wrote:LMAO no I doubt anybody currently above ground would either. Joe Burrow didn’t seem to either.

I provided the example of AAron Rodger who restructured/ took a pay cut to help his team.

0 idea what AAron not being at GB or the fact that AAron makes more money than Joe has to do with it. 

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2024, 05:58 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I think it will all come down to the free agent RB market again.

If there are better players out there taking less money and the value of RB contracts continues to decline we may have to ask him to renegotiate again or go get better value.

His roster bonus due March 17 and free agency kicking off March 13 makes me think they structured it that way for a reason.

He is a team leader and seems loved by the front and entire team. But the whole it's a business thing always comes sooner or later.

Much better options than paying Mixon 8.85 million this year no doubt in my mind.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2024, 07:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't need you to "give it to me". Why are things so hard?

KG said this:

You replied with this:

I provided the example of AAron Rodger who restructured/ took a pay cut to help his team.

0 idea what AAron not being at GB or the fact that AAron makes more money than Joe has to do with it. 

It’s not hard. Using Rodgers as an example of someone graciously taking a pay cut to help the team would work if it was GB. Mixon may have seen the writing on the wall but so did Rodgers. How about a second example?

Reply/Quote
Bring in Uncle Lenny for insurance (he signed with the Bills for $290k last year), and ask Mix to take a $3mill cut. If he doesn't, cut bait. I'd still draft Braelon Allen, regardless. I was in the camp of keeping Mix, but we're kind in a do or (semi) die year if we do not sign Tee to an extension, get a stable RT, and land a decent DT.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Joe Mixon was a really GOOD Bengal. Honestly, he was a key player & locker room guy on some really strong teams.... But he never came close to his ceiling as a running back. Out of college he looked elusive, big, strong, fast enough, had suddenness, great catcher of the ball, etc.... and then it never fully materialized into a monster weapon. Terrible O lines definitely hurt him, but something is missing dynamically. I've never seen such a big guy go down so quickly at contact or be so timid. Explosivity is just not there, either. College Joe & Pro Joe look like different players to me.

His career in Cincy will go down as one of the most bewildering in club history due to the lack of production vs potential. I feel like if Joe were a chef he was handed premium ingredients to make a meal but ended up with something you would find at Fazolis.... Yeah, I'll eat it, but I'm not going to hype it up to my buddies.

Personally, I'm ready for the Bengals to go to these smaller, dynamic backs that can find yards quickly while being a threat in the passing game. There has to be a regular threat from the backs to take it for 15, 20, 30, etc on either a run or a pass. Chris Evans disappearance from regular play floored me. He looked to have all of that. Somewhere out there, Chris Evans is still apologizing for getting Frank Pollack's lunch order wrong or something.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2024, 11:43 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Joe Mixon was a really GOOD Bengal. Honestly, he was a key player & locker room guy on some really strong teams.... But he never came close to his ceiling as a running back. Out of college he looked elusive, big, strong, fast enough, had suddenness, great catcher of the ball, etc.... and then it never fully materialized into a monster weapon. Terrible O lines definitely hurt him, but something is missing dynamically. I've never seen such a big guy go down so quickly at contact or be so timid. Explosivity is just not there, either. College Joe & Pro Joe look like different players to me.

His career in Cincy will go down as one of the most bewildering in club history due to the lack of production vs potential. I feel like if Joe were a chef he was handed premium ingredients to make a meal but ended up with something you would find at Fazolis.... Yeah, I'll eat it, but I'm not going to hype it up to my buddies.

Personally, I'm ready for the Bengals to go to these smaller, dynamic backs that can find yards quickly while being a threat in the passing game. There has to be a regular threat from the backs to take it for 15, 20, 30, etc on either a run or a pass. Chris Evans disappearance from regular play floored me. He looked to have all of that. Somewhere out there, Chris Evans is still apologizing for getting Frank Pollack's lunch order wrong or something.

He might go down as a solid rb that had bad lines in front of him and a subpar oline coaches most of his career 
Reply/Quote
Mixon is a polarizing RB in blogs, he has some negatives and positives but the idea his 1 yr contract is difference in signing Tee is really not realistic. Some say cut him to save 9 million but then say add a RB in FA that will mostly be a wash. Realistic scenario to me is Bengals stay the course for this year with Mixon mainly for 3 reasons
1. He is a proven 3 down back great in security of ball and knows system
2. Brown is unproven, need more evaluation this year as a RB
3. More pressing needs in FA and draft this year.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2024, 11:43 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Joe Mixon was a really GOOD Bengal. Honestly, he was a key player & locker room guy on some really strong teams.... But he never came close to his ceiling as a running back. Out of college he looked elusive, big, strong, fast enough, had suddenness, great catcher of the ball, etc.... and then it never fully materialized into a monster weapon. Terrible O lines definitely hurt him, but something is missing dynamically. I've never seen such a big guy go down so quickly at contact or be so timidExplosivity is just not there, either. College Joe & Pro Joe look like different players to me.

https://youtu.be/haq1Av27JD4?si=tBcPUXJVYejj37z9

Calling this guy timid is really off. On Solomon Wilcot’s podcast last year about this time Zac said he punishes the secondary and by the fourth quarter he helps the passing game for Chase and Tee by wearing them down. He said you can see on film them shying away from him late in games. Mixon’s balance is his nemesis. Not his physicality. He’s lost his explosiveness as has some others like Dalvin Cook and Derrick Henry.

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2024, 08:50 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: It’s not hard. Using Rodgers as an example of someone graciously taking a pay cut to help the team would work if it was GB. Mixon may have seen the writing on the wall but so did Rodgers. How about a second example?

Doesn't matter who he does it for. If a guy has a contract in place and he decides to restructure, he's helping a team, no matter who they are. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2024, 09:38 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Bring in Uncle Lenny for insurance (he signed with the Bills for $290k last year), and ask Mix to take a $3mill cut. If he doesn't, cut bait. I'd still draft Braelon Allen, regardless. I was in the camp of keeping Mix, but we're kind in a do or (semi) die year if we do not sign Tee to an extension, get a stable RT, and land a decent DT.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

I am starting to get in the Braelon Allen camp myself. Hoping we can get him, just not sure how early we can take him. In the 2nd would be too early, 3rd might be too late.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2024, 01:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Doesn't matter who he does it for. If a guy has a contract in place and he decides to restructure, he's helping a team, no matter who they are. 

I agree but mostly tied to the same team.

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2024, 12:45 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: 2. Brown is unproven, need more evaluation this year as a RB

When was the last time a RB didn't get a significant workload (150+ carries) in a season by Year 2 and still turned out to be a good starter?

RB is not a position that you need to evaluate a player at for 2 years before giving them a workload. That's like 1/3rd of the position's most productive years. If you need 2 years to evaluate them, you already know they're not the answer and you need to find one.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote