Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Joe Mixon comments
(06-15-2023, 02:18 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So there was never a trade, just trade interest as had been reported for a month or more.

You can spin any way you want to. They came very close to trading Jonah to the Jags…. and that’s from my Jags source.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(06-15-2023, 01:50 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: We were never on the same page or timeline with Dalton. I’ve made my position clear. It’s never changed. Dalton lost Zac’s confidence and he was released. Joe has Zac’s confidence this year but next year is next year. You are a great spinner yourself lol.

Yeah, because I was comparing apples to apples.  It's the preseason and Mixon has Zac's confidence just like Dalton had Zac's confidence in the preseason.

Baring Mixon's legal issues he will be on the 2023 roster because he has 2 years left on his contract.  Just like Dalton when he had 2 years left on his contract. The Bengals aren't in the habit of releasing players with multiple years left on their contract.

Next year there is a pretty good chance Mixon is a cap casualty with one year left on his contract, just like Dalton. Because just like Dalton, Mixon is overpaid for his production.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2023, 02:20 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You can spin any way you want to. They came very close to trading Jonah to the Jags…. and that’s from my Jags source.

Close to a deal is different than having a deal.  Tell that to you and your source you rode in on.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2023, 02:32 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Close to a deal is different than having a deal.  Tell that to you and your source you rode in on.

Gotcha
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(06-15-2023, 02:03 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Situations are fluid. They change was talking to my source just awhile ago. The Jags thought their LT would lose more games than 4 due to suspension. When they learned it was only 4 they cooled. But nobody on here is likely talking to decision makers for the Bengals. Maybe to someone who knows them awfully well. But a lot of times they have a hell of a pulse on things. But it’s still an opinion and Zac/Duke/Mike could flip flop. They could have been 100% behind Mixon in Feb/March but if Robinson had been there at 28 they’d have taken him. Then Mixon might have been traded or released. Things change. And the other thing is sometimes people can’t differentiate from your opinion and sourced info. I’ll try to do better there.

Let me get this straight, in addition to your Bengals insider who doesn’t work for the Bengals you also have a Jags insider. And you two just had a conversation about a deal which was never a deal and wasn’t completed almost 2 months ago on a random Thursday during normal business hours while also posting 10x more often than me on this website and you’re jealous of my free time?
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2023, 03:14 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Let me get this straight, in addition to your Bengals insider who doesn’t work for the Bengals you also have a Jags insider. And you two just had a conversation about a deal which was never a deal and wasn’t completed almost 2 months ago on a random Thursday during normal business hours while also posting 10x more often than me on this website and you’re jealous of my free time?

Didn’t read

Reply/Quote
(06-15-2023, 03:32 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Didn’t read

Too busy talking to Zac about that Andy Dalton trade?
Reply/Quote
You sure like to heckle Soonerpeace a ton don't you Oncemore....
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2023, 04:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You sure like to heckle Soonerpeace a ton don't you Oncemore....

Not sure how people haven’t been heckling sooner....well, sooner

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2023, 04:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You sure like to heckle Soonerpeace a ton don't you Oncemore....

[Image: Statler_Waldorf_muppets_KYM.jpg]

I’ve commented on less than 10% of his posts.

And if you told me the Bengals traded Jonah Williams and Andy Dalton I’d have some uncomfortable questions for you, too.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2023, 11:31 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: [Image: Statler_Waldorf_muppets_KYM.jpg]

I’ve commented on less than 10% of his posts.

And if you told me the Bengals traded Jonah Williams and Andy Dalton I’d have some uncomfortable questions for you, too.

It's been you and him going at it for like the last 2 pages lol

Reminds me of the Fredtoast days. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2023, 04:05 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Too busy talking to Zac about that Andy Dalton trade?

We’ve moved on to other topics.

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2023, 05:09 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: We’ve moved on to other topics.

I see you suffer from selective reading.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2023, 05:36 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I see you suffer from selective reading.

No I answered you. Zac and I have moved on from discussing why he was released.

Reply/Quote
(06-15-2023, 02:03 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Situations are fluid. 

So is diarrhea. 
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2023, 07:15 PM)wanga Wrote: So is diarrhea. 

Man I’m sorry for you man That sucks

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2023, 06:35 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: No I answered you. Zac and I have moved on from discussing why he was released.

Your list of insiders grows exponentially by the day. Finally, someone who is on the Bengals’ payroll.
Reply/Quote
I think Mixon is capable of great performances but he can’t pass block which limits him and team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Rumors and "Bold predictions"

Paul Dehner predicts Joe Mixon and the Bengals will restructure his contract

"My bold prediction: Once Burrow signs his contract, Higgins’ extension, Wilson’s extension and a Mixon restructure will all pop off within a week."

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2023/6/19/23766157/joe-mixon-bengals-restructure-contract-nfl-running-backs-pay-2023-paul-dehner

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2023, 01:46 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Rumors and "Bold predictions"

Paul Dehner predicts Joe Mixon and the Bengals will restructure his contract

"My bold prediction: Once Burrow signs his contract, Higgins’ extension, Wilson’s extension and a Mixon restructure will all pop off within a week."

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2023/6/19/23766157/joe-mixon-bengals-restructure-contract-nfl-running-backs-pay-2023-paul-dehner

It will be interesting but this late I don’t see much happening. Doesn’t align with Zac/ Mike Brown. Mixon sounded very secure in his first public comments recently

Reply/Quote