Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Joe Mixon comments
(06-21-2023, 02:12 PM)depthchart Wrote: I always like getting that look when I am concerned about something and then I ask an Expert who then sets my mind at ease.
He may have been thinking that fans questioning Mixon should put on a helmet and some pads & go find out what it is like to tackle Mixon.
NFL defenders are paid well to tackle Mixon, however, Zac & Solomon Wilcotts are telling everyone that those paid defenders respect Mixon as a player while often paying a price of stamina plus pain bringing him down.

With that said, Mixon will be 27 years old in July and his time with the Bengals may be drawing down with Big money due to Burrow etc. It will be interesting to see exactly what type of running back traits the Bengals seek out to replace Mixon when that time comes. In the mean time, that "ridiculous deadpan look" you got from that former College DC tells me that Mixon can handle his job in 2023 especially if the Offensive Line improves.

But this guy no way think he’s worth his salary.,
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 02:35 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: But this guy no way think he’s worth his salary.,

I think the Bengals should push for a pay cut from Mixon but they better be careful of how it plays out.

The Bengals should not get Greedy in my opinion and should try to offer Mixon a reasonable amount that still helps the Team.

Some of the other options to immediately replace Mixon may not turn out to be so wonderful.

Mixon is a competent, pass catching NFL starting running back and has CONTINUITY in the Offense that could easily turn out 

to be be missed.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 02:44 PM)depthchart Wrote: I think the Bengals should push for a pay cut from Mixon but they better be careful of how it plays out.

The Bengals should not get Greedy in my opinion and should try to offer Mixon a reasonable amount that still helps the Team.

Some of the other options to immediately replace Mixon may not turn out to be so wonderful.

Mixon is a competent, pass catching NFL starting running back and has CONTINUITY in the Offense that could easily turn out 

to be be missed.

When Perine shocked them by leaving they were less inclined to push the envelope but there’s reckoning coming for sure.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 01:21 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The coaches and players have a high regard for Joe. I was asking someone that’s been around the building and at practices a ton over the last 4 years. I ask him about Mixon. He’s a former College DC. When I ask him about Mixon ( too many times I guess lol) he always gives me that ridiculous deadpan look. He tells me all the time these guys want to win. These coaches lives depend on winning. He said trust me Mixon has full support of his teammates … and it’s his ability.

Why do you keep posting the same thing i said i wasn't interested in or cared about?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 03:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why do you keep posting the same thing i said i wasn't interested in or cared about?

You aren’t interested in what the players or coaches say because they aren’t objective and you can see with your own eyes? Is that correct? Do I have it in essence? I was quoting what someone said that’s not a player or coach responding on Mixon. A former college DC that attends a lot of practices was not a coach or player. But I get it you have your opinion and that’s fine. As do I.

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 03:43 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: is the team supposed to say they hate him? This isnt an argument lmao

soonerpeace is FredToast's alt btw.

Fredtoast is on a mischievous Level all his own and I always strangely miss him when he is unable to Post on the Board until he comes back.

Then I remember why I should not have missed him yet I still like watching arguments he has with other Posters like a rubbernecker watches 

a crash site.  I wonder what Fred would say about this ?  Twitch
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 03:43 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: is the team supposed to say they hate him? This isnt an argument lmao

You are closer to him than me LOL

Reply/Quote
Just not sure I've ever heard any coach say they did not like one of their starters publicly going into the season. It would be counterproductive upsetting a player you've got to count on I would think. So not really sure how much stock to put in those statements. Sounded more like he was talking about Perrine season though.

I'm not really saying Joe is a horrible runner, not saying he is great either, adequate is more like it. Now would call him good at receiving back out of the backfield though. What I am saying he is absolutely horrid at picking up the blitz, and the Bengals are a passing team plain and simple. Plus his off field trouble could become a distraction.

Not sold on his morality either. Also he just never lived up to what he was supposed to be and you can say it was because of the run blocking he has been given. Yet the pass blocking was just as bad (partly because of him) and Burrow figured out how to overcome this obstacle as all great players do.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Find it funny as well that a player who is so bad at blocking has supporters wielding the excuse of poor blocking for his subpar season.

Seems that's the pot calling the kettle black.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 08:04 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Just not sure I've ever heard any coach say they did not like one of their starters publicly going into the season. It would be counterproductive upsetting a player you've got to count on I would think. So not really sure how much stock to put in those statements. Sounded more like he was talking about Perrine season though.

I'm not really saying Joe is a horrible runner, not saying he is great either, adequate is more like it. Now would call him good at receiving back out of the backfield though. What I am saying he is absolutely horrid at picking up the blitz, and the Bengals are a passing team plain and simple. Plus his off field trouble could become a distraction.

Not sold on his morality either. Also he just never lived up to what he was supposed to be and you can say it was because of the run blocking he has been given. Yet the pass blocking was just as bad (partly because of him) and Burrow figured out how to overcome this obstacle as all great players do.

It will be interesting to see who replaces Perine. They liked the fit. They are very cognizant of Mixon’s touches. Pulling Mixon on third and long really worked well as did third and short. Perine is a better short yardage runner and he’s strong as an ox. He’s probably the strongest back in the NFL. He manhandled Micah Parsons in the blitz in the Dallas game. They were a great tandem. But Mixon’s poor pass blocking wasn’t an issue when the board vilified the staff for him not being in there on third down in the last minutes of the Super Bowl. It was a tirade on here lol.

But Joe’s the guy and if you’ve watched Zac Taylor for 4 years and know who he is he was genuine in his Mixon comments to Wilcots. He had convincing mannerisms, excitement , and enthusiasm. Zac’s doesn’t have any coachspeak in that interview it’s blatantly obvious. If anybody says otherwise then they haven’t really followed him.

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 08:34 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: It will be interesting to see who replaces Perine. They liked the fit. They are very cognizant of Mixon’s touches. Pulling Mixon on third and long really worked well as did third and short. Perine is a better short yardage runner and he’s strong as an ox. He’s probably the strongest back in the NFL. He manhandled Micah Parsons in the blitz in the Dallas game. They were a great tandem. But Mixon’s poor pass blocking wasn’t an issue when the board vilified the staff for him not being in there on third down in the last minutes of the Super Bowl. It was a tirade on here lol.

But Joe’s the guy and if you’ve watched Zac Taylor for 4 years and know who he is he was genuine in his Mixon comments to Wilcots. He had convincing mannerisms, excitement , and enthusiasm. Zac’s doesn’t have any coachspeak in that interview it’s blatantly obvious. If anybody says otherwise then they haven’t really followed him.

I think most of what you say is true - Perine was a valuable back. He was great depth and had good hands and was a fine runner. The thing that I think you keep consistently missing on is that no one is saying anything about how ZT feels about Mixon. Everyone has been providing their own thoughts on Mixon and backing them up with evidence. How ZT feels about him in this particular conversation is irrelevant.

That being said, yes, Mixon is very likely the guy for the season. If he continues to struggle, maybe that changes but he is clearly the top guy.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 08:54 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I think most of what you say is true - Perine was a valuable back. He was great depth and had good hands and was a fine runner. The thing that I think you keep consistently missing on is that no one is saying anything about how ZT feels about Mixon. Everyone has been providing their own thoughts on Mixon and backing them up with evidence. How ZT feels about him in this particular conversationis irrelevant.

That being said, yes, Mixon is very likely the guy for the season. If he continues to struggle, maybe that changes but he is clearly the top guy.

Well there’s been a few Mixon conversations LOL. But we are on the same page. And that was a fair and accurate response. Evidence in that Joe had a poor season? Well his stats clearly show it. He did. That is a fact. Mixon has a lot riding on this season. In 2021 he had his best season. 2023 will be interesting but the conversation ramped back up based on Paul Dehner’s comments. I have no inside info and is just MHO that Mixon will get a solid guaranteed restructure covering the final 2 years of his contract for around 7.5 million a year.

Reply/Quote
I don't get the dump on Mixon since he's had multiple 1000 yard seasons behind some of the worst offensive lines in the league. If he'd had great olines his entire career in the league he'd be headed to the HOF..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-20-2023, 02:15 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think based on my intel that’s been on target he’s been assured he’s safe this season only. Things are always fluid but there won’t be much here to see this year. But I wouldn’t rule out a trade in season if they got something for him.

(06-21-2023, 01:21 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The coaches and players have a high regard for Joe. I was asking someone that’s been around the building and at practices a ton over the last 4 years. I ask him about Mixon. He’s a former College DC. When I ask him about Mixon ( too many times I guess lol) he always gives me that ridiculous deadpan look. He tells me all the time these guys want to win. These coaches lives depend on winning. He said trust me Mixon has full support of his teammates … and it’s his ability.

(06-21-2023, 09:19 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Well there’s been a few Mixon conversations LOL. But we are on the same page. And that was a fair and accurate response. Evidence in that Joe had a poor season? Well his stats clearly show it. He did. That is a fact. Mixon has a lot riding on this season. In 2021 he had his best season. 2023 will be interesting but the conversation ramped back up based on Paul Dehner’s comments. I have no inside info and is just MHO that Mixon will get a solid guaranteed restructure covering the final 2 years of his contract for around 7.5 million a year.

So you have intel. You frequently talk to someone inside the building and ask too many questions about Mixon. But, you have no intel on Mixon? Why don’t you just ask the your inside source you frequently ask too many questions about Mixon for some intel?
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2023, 09:48 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So you have intel. You frequently talk to someone inside the building and ask too many questions about Mixon. But, you have no intel on Mixon? Why don’t you just ask the your inside source you frequently ask too many questions about Mixon for some intel?

Sorry don’t read your nonsense anymore

Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 01:03 AM)grampahol Wrote: I don't get the dump on Mixon since he's had multiple 1000 yard seasons behind some of the worst offensive lines in the league. If he'd had great olines his entire career in the league he'd be headed to the HOF..  

It's all about the Benjamins 
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2023, 01:10 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Actually someone else incredibly informed but not in the building but still just an opinion but one I’d take over 90% in the building.

Reply/Quote
Soonerpeace Wrote:
Actually someone else incredibly informed but not in the building but still just an opinion but one I’d take over 90% in the building.

(06-21-2023, 01:21 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote:
The coaches and players have a high regard for Joe. I was asking someone that’s been around the building and at practices a ton over the last 4 years. I ask him about Mixon. He’s a former College DC. When I ask him about Mixon ( too many times I guess lol) he always gives me that ridiculous deadpan look. He tells me all the time these guys want to win. These coaches lives depend on winning. He said trust me Mixon has full support of his teammates … and it’s his ability.

This I can help you with. In the first not in the building means not salaried. The second one been around the building is accurate.

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 03:43 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: is the team supposed to say they hate him? This isnt an argument lmao

No he is not. Nothing alike LMAO!!!

You are closer ha ha  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 08:04 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Just not sure I've ever heard any coach say they did not like one of their starters publicly going into the season. It would be counterproductive upsetting a player you've got to count on I would think. So not really sure how much stock to put in those statements. Sounded more like he was talking about Perrine season though.  

I'm not really saying Joe is a horrible runner, not saying he is great either, adequate is more like it. Now would call him good at receiving back out of the backfield though.  What I am saying he is absolutely horrid at picking up the blitz, and the Bengals are a passing team plain and simple. Plus his off field trouble could become a distraction.

Well said, same way I feel about Mixon. I like him as a pass catcher and once in a while he surprises me with a good move, but his
lack of effort in picking up the blitz is hard for me to ignore in our passing Offense. So happy we drafted Chase Brown, I think he fits
this passing Offense perfectly as he always shows effort in picking up the blitz and he is really young so he can grow in all aspects.

(06-21-2023, 08:12 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Find it funny as well that a player who is so bad at blocking has supporters wielding the excuse of poor blocking for his subpar season.

Seems that's the pot calling the kettle black.

Yeah, that is not an excuse, that is his problem. If he showed good effort in picking up the blitz I would back off on my comments about
cutting the guy and adding say Dalvin Cook or Zeke Elliott. Re-structuring Mixon's contract should be done in order to add to the team 
when needed at the very least.
Reply/Quote