Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Joe burrow
somebody is already at work

Tee Higgins is there early too

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

(07-24-2022, 03:43 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: not to go down the dalton road, but he did help lead a culture change. first 5 years, 5 straight playoffs. the franchise had never come close to that before andy.

It was a culture that couldn't win primetime or playoff games.
He led the Bengals to the Super Bowl with an offensive line from Orange County Community College and Cooking School. He can do what he wants.

I think his clothes are ridiculous, but as long as he wins, he can dress up as a pink hippo with a Free Tibet sign on the back and haters tweet pinned to the front.

It would be a honor to light one of his victory cigars. Never change, Joe!
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
(07-24-2022, 06:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It was a culture that couldn't win primetime or playoff games.

Not to mention being the Steelers ********** for 15 years
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-24-2022, 06:56 PM)Destro Wrote: He led the Bengals to the Super Bowl with an offensive line from Orange County Community College and Cooking School. He can do what he wants.

I think his clothes are ridiculous, but as long as he wins, he can dress up as a pink hippo with a Free Tibet sign on the back and haters tweet pinned to the front.

It would be a honor to light one of his victory cigars. Never change, Joe!

I actually didn't have an issue with a single outfit he wore until the SB. 

That was godawful. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(07-24-2022, 07:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I actually didn't have an issue with a single outfit he wore until the SB. 

That was godawful. 

Looked like the bad guy from "Who framed Roger Rabbit?"

I can't post pics.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
(07-24-2022, 07:52 PM)Destro Wrote: Looked like the bad guy from "Who framed Roger Rabbit?"

I can't post pics.

The fit was too tight and the hat was just "no". 

You wanna hear a stupid story? All post season i just knew they were going to win. Never had a single doubt at any moment that they were going to win. I could feel it. Like i was one with the cosmos and all things to come. This was on the heels of me saying "**** you" to the team after the 49ers loss. I decided i had enough and i was not going to invest emotionally any more until a SB win. So from that point i was a casual fan, watching the games but not engaging like i used to. Whether they won or lost i was 'whatever'. In the post season i was able to really enjoy every minute and never once worried or doubted how it was going to turn out.

Until the very second i saw that SB outfit. As soon as they showed Burrow i was "oh no. That's not Burrow" and that confident feeling went away instantly, like all the air in a tire when someone sticks a knife in it. Just whoooooooosh. 

/stupid story.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
I personally thank the gods every day that we finally have superstar QB, who isn’t a milquetoast - bore of a human being. Burrow makes being a Bengals fan fun on and off the field.

In a world where team’s are literally selling their souls just to have a franchise QB like Deshaun Watson, it’s pretty amazing to me that anyone would give a shit about what an all around great guy like Burrow wears or says.

(07-24-2022, 08:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I personally thank the gods every day that we finally have superstar QB, who isn’t a milquetoast - bore of a human being. Burrow makes being a Bengals fan fun on and off the field.

In a world where team’s are literally selling their souls just to have a franchise QB like Deshaun Watson, it’s pretty amazing to me that anyone would give a shit about what an all around great guy like Burrow wears or says.

To be honest, I don't think the majority of Bengals fans give a single shit.  Joe Burrow had earned himself enough credit with them to get away with things that fans may otherwise dissect.  With the upside he's shown in addition to the actual win capital, he could probably stand to make a few mis-steps and have them be largely ignored.  he won't, but he's on that level IMO.  No way in the world than any person with an interest in this team winning wants to see him feel anything but welcome in Cincinnati.  
(07-24-2022, 08:39 PM)samhain Wrote: To be honest, I don't think the majority of Bengals fans give a single shit.  Joe Burrow had earned himself enough credit with them to get away with things that fans may otherwise dissect.  With the upside he's shown in addition to the actual win capital, he could probably stand to make a few mis-steps and have them be largely ignored.  he won't, but he's on that level IMO.  No way in the world than any person with an interest in this team winning wants to see him feel anything but welcome in Cincinnati.  

Agreed.
(07-24-2022, 08:39 PM)samhain Wrote: To be honest, I don't think the majority of Bengals fans give a single shit.  Joe Burrow had earned himself enough credit with them to get away with things that fans may otherwise dissect.  With the upside he's shown in addition to the actual win capital, he could probably stand to make a few mis-steps and have them be largely ignored.  he won't, but he's on that level IMO.  No way in the world than any person with an interest in this team winning wants to see him feel anything but welcome in Cincinnati.  

While, you might feel that way, i think he could make himself even MORE money from endorsements if he leaves the politics out of it. 
Companies like it when their spokesperson has the same opinion, but are flakey as Hell when it's not the same. Like it or not, Cincinnati IS a conservative town, therefore many of the local businesses will also likely be conservative.

So best way to avoid all of that is just not be politically vocal, once done with football, Say/do whatever you like. I could care less about his outfits, some are quite amusing, and he has the money to wear whatever he wants. 
(07-24-2022, 09:38 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: While, you might feel that way, i think he could make himself even MORE money from endorsements if he leaves the politics out of it. 
Companies like it when their spokesperson has the same opinion, but are flakey as Hell when it's not the same. Like it or not, Cincinnati IS a conservative town, therefore many of the local businesses will also likely be conservative.

So best way to avoid all of that is just not be politically vocal, once done with football, Say/do whatever you like. I could care less about his outfits, some are quite amusing, and he has the money to wear whatever he wants. 

I don't think Burrow cares too much about local endorsements. 15 years in the future he's likely going to be endorsed by ESPN perhaps an analyst job in his future. He's very well spoken.... likely to continue being around football ala what Brady plans on doing.
[Image: 1500x500]
(07-24-2022, 09:38 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: While, you might feel that way, i think he could make himself even MORE money from endorsements if he leaves the politics out of it. 

Why should he hold back his opinions on things he feels strongly about just to get endorsements? He’s going to make more money than he could ever spend in multiple lifetimes with his next contract.

I also don’t think he needs to worry about local companies. If anything - he’s probably going to land some big time national stuff in the near future.

(07-24-2022, 09:38 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: While, you might feel that way, i think he could make himself even MORE money from endorsements if he leaves the politics out of it. 

While you might feel that way, Joe got his Kroger endorsement just fine.  If you think people will stop shopping at Kroger because of Joe's politics, well...  On the national level he probably stands to make more in endorsements with liberal positions, if that's his goal.  It likely is not.  

I'd take a wild stab at it and say that Joe Burrow's endorsement probably transcends politics in the city of Cincinnati, and just about any business outside of the wackadoodle ones like the Creation Museum would fall over themselves to have it.  

And to be fair, Joe's biggest offseason interview was on a very pro-Trump podcast. The Nelk Boys are ride or die MAGA and it didn't stop Joe from giving them a chunk of his time. He might have his opinions, but I don't think he necessarily lives or dies by his politics.
(07-24-2022, 04:07 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: one thing i love about joe is his commitment to associate and be friends with every member of the team no matter who they are, which he talks about alot. thats a great leadership style.

I recently listened to an interview by Brandon Bolden. He was an UDFA out of Ole Miss in 2012. He said the thing that stuck with him the most throughout his career was:

On his first day in the locker room, Tom Brady came up and introduced himself; as if BB didn't know who he was. Some folks are just wired different. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-24-2022, 09:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why should he hold back his opinions on things he feels strongly about just to get endorsements? He’s going to make more money than he could ever spend in multiple lifetimes with his next contract.

I also don’t think he needs to worry about local companies. If anything - he’s probably going to land some big time national stuff in the near future.

Yeah, I don't expect to see him with a big weiner in his mouth when I drive down Columbia Parkway any time soon.  He's a little beyond that sort of thing at this point.
This thread is comedy gold.

The assholes who don't like Joe Burrow sharing his opinions are the ones who disagree with his opinions.... SHOCKER.

It's a free speech country. He can say what he wants and so can you. EQUAL FREEDOMS. But you super right wing clown shoes need to find yourselves a muzzle when it comes to wanting to infringe on people's right to speak their mind. "Joe Burrow should only say what I want him to say"... F you for that weak ass mindset. You are a weak person if you feel that way about ANYONE. No different than the Chinese or Russians wanting to stifle the speech of dissenters. Fascist losers think that way.

I tend to vote republican, but the thought process on Joe Burrow speakingbhis opinions (or not) is buffoonery. OP is STILL butt hurt over Joe's stance on gun SAFETY after a school shooting and his speaking out about EQUAL rights. GTFO of here with that garbage. Maybe save those thoughts for your next supremacy rally when you're around other like minded moronic parrots.

"He needs to mature"... F you. No he doesn't. YOU do. Mature yourself enough to realize that Joe Burrow is allowed to say and do whatever the F he wants within the laws of the United States and your feelings about it should equal a big fat Fing ZERO. The fact that you give a shit about Joe Burrow's thoughts on guns means you're an emotional mess who... wait for it... wait for it... needs to grow the F up and MATURE. He doesn't agree with you. Who the F cares? A mature person sure as shit wouldn't.
I don't like athletes getting involved in anything off the field including politics. Lebron irks me when he says stuff, for example. I came to watch a game not a debate.
Who Dey!  Tiger
(07-24-2022, 09:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why should he hold back his opinions on things he feels strongly about just to get endorsements? He’s going to make more money than he could ever spend in multiple lifetimes with his next contract.

why sell yourself short?
it's a brutal game, and all it takes is one career ending shot and all those endorsements start coming to a halt.

Look at Brady, he messed up, showed support for Trump and then had to do alot of backpedaling. Why put yourself in that position period?

Keeping a “Make America Great Again” hat in his locker during the presidential elections angered a lot of fans. Some didn’t like how Brady and team owner Robert Kraft supported the Republican candidate. Since then, Brady has downplayed his friendship with Trump. He said, “I just like to go out there and do my job.”
(07-24-2022, 10:32 PM)PDub80 Wrote: This thread is comedy gold.

The assholes who don't like Joe Burrow sharing his opinions are the ones who disagree with his opinions.... SHOCKER.

It's a free speech country. He can say what he wants and so can you. EQUAL FREEDOMS. But you super right wing clown shoes need to find yourselves a muzzle when it comes to wanting to infringe on people's right to speak their mind. "Joe Burrow should only say what I want him to say"... F you for that weak ass mindset. You are a weak person if you feel that way about ANYONE. No different than the Chinese or Russians wanting to stifle the speech of dissenters. Fascist losers think that way.

I tend to vote republican, but the thought process on Joe Burrow speakingbhis opinions (or not) is buffoonery. OP is STILL butt hurt over Joe's stance on gun SAFETY after a school shooting and his speaking out about EQUAL rights. GTFO of here with that garbage. Maybe save those thoughts for your next supremacy rally when you're around other like minded moronic parrots.

"He needs to mature"... F you. No he doesn't. YOU do. Mature yourself enough to realize that Joe Burrow is allowed to say and do whatever the F he wants within the laws of the United States and your feelings about it should equal a big fat Fing ZERO. The fact that you give a shit about Joe Burrow's thoughts on guns means you're an emotional mess who... wait for it... wait for it... needs to grow the F up and MATURE. He doesn't agree with you. Whobthe F cares? A mature person sure as shit wouldn't.

and a mature person wouldn't bother calling others names just because of an "Opinion"