Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Joe burrow
(07-24-2022, 10:32 PM)PDub80 Wrote: This thread is comedy gold.

The assholes who don't like Joe Burrow sharing his opinions are the ones who disagree with his opinions.... SHOCKER.

It's a free speech country. He can say what he wants and so can you. EQUAL FREEDOMS. But you super right wing clown shoes need to find yourselves a muzzle when it comes to wanting to infringe on people's right to speak their mind. "Joe Burrow should only say what I want him to say"... F you for that weak ass mindset. You are a weak person if you feel that way about ANYONE. No different than the Chinese or Russians wanting to stifle the speech of dissenters. Fascist losers think that way.

I tend to vote republican, but the thought process on Joe Burrow speakingbhis opinions (or not) is buffoonery. OP is STILL butt hurt over Joe's stance on gun SAFETY after a school shooting and his speaking out about EQUAL rights. GTFO of here with that garbage. Maybe save those thoughts for your next supremacy rally when you're around other like minded moronic parrots.

"He needs to mature"... F you. No he doesn't. YOU do. Mature yourself enough to realize that Joe Burrow is allowed to say and do whatever the F he wants within the laws of the United States and your feelings about it should equal a big fat Fing ZERO. The fact that you give a shit about Joe Burrow's thoughts on guns means you're an emotional mess who... wait for it... wait for it... needs to grow the F up and MATURE. He doesn't agree with you. Whobthe F cares? A mature person sure as shit wouldn't.

Did you just rant at someone speaking their mind because they were ranting about someone speaking their mind?

THAT is comedy gold
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-24-2022, 10:55 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I don't like athletes getting involved in anything off the field including politics. Lebron irks me when he says stuff, for example. I came to watch a game not a debate.

They don’t make the comments during the games though (other than maybe the kneeling). And you likely only feel that way because you don’t agree with said politics.

I’m actually a big 2nd amendment guy, and I had absolutely no problem with what Burrow said after Uvalde. He was asked a question, and he gave an honest answer (which I respect so much more than typical “player speak”). A big part of the problem nowadays is there’s just no middle ground anymore in this country.

(07-24-2022, 11:00 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: why sell yourself short?
it's a brutal game, and all it takes is one career ending shot and all those endorsements start coming to a halt.

Look at Brady, he messed up, showed support for Trump and then had to do alot of backpedaling. Why put yourself in that position period?

Keeping a “Make America Great Again” hat in his locker during the presidential elections angered a lot of fans. Some didn’t like how Brady and team owner Robert Kraft supported the Republican candidate. Since then, Brady has downplayed his friendship with Trump. He said, “I just like to go out there and do my job.”

Idk but let’s not even put the potential career ending injury stuff out in the universe.

Also, am I the only one who can’t read Mike’s entire posts without them being cutoff? I’ve noticed it before.

(07-24-2022, 11:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Did you just rant at someone speaking their mind because they were ranting about someone speaking their mind?

THAT is comedy gold

I specifically pointed out in the start of my post that people are allowed to do so and hate on what Joe is speaking his mind about... but you wanting to push the ol hylocrite button means you missed where I mentioned EQUAL free speech rights, but took exception to others using their free speech to tell people they cannot speak freely.

To call me a hypocrite for pointing out that it's circular logic for people to use their free speech rights to attempt to limit free speech of others is hilarious.  Joe can say what he wants. Right wing goofballs can say whatever they want. I can say whatever I want. But tell Joe or I that I should just shut up because you disagree and you'll get a big F you from me on that.... and round and round we go.

When people stop discussing the merit or substance of what Joe says and instead now discuss that he shouldn't say anything because, let's be honest here, they disagree with him - F you if that's your stance on that. Exercising your free speech in an effort to silence others is bullshit, fascist, and cowardly.

Feel free to keep saying dumb shit about how Joe needs to step in line or whatever and I'll keep laughing at you morons and pointing out how idiotic it is.

"Joe Burrow needs to shut his mouth because he hurts my feelings... It will make him read a defense better and throw the ball further if he does".... Yeah, ooook. Smart take.
(07-24-2022, 11:14 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: and a mature person wouldn't bother calling others names just because of an "Opinion"

That's just, like, your opinion, man.

OP has had an axe to grind against Joe Burrow because he disagrees with his political opinions. He wants to silence people he disagrees with.

If you're on board with that, good luck in going on to F'kng yourself.
(07-24-2022, 11:37 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I specifically pointed out in the start of my post that people are allowed to do so and hate on what Joe is speaking his mind about... but you wanting to push the ol hylocrite button means you missed where I mentioned EQUAL free speech rights, but took exception to others using their free speech to tell people they cannot speak freely.

To call me a hypocrite for pointing out that it's circular logic for people to use their free speech rights to attempt to limit free speech of others is hilarious.  Joe can say what he wants. Right wing goofballs can say whatever they want. I can say whatever I want. But tell Joe or I that I should just shut up because you disagree and you'll get a big F you from me on that.... and round and round we go.

When people stop discussing the merit or substance of what Joe says and instead now discuss that he shouldn't say anything because, let's be honest here, they disagree with him - F you if that's your stance on that. Exercising your free speech in an effort to silence others is bullshit, fascist, and cowardly.

Feel free to keep saying dumb shit about how Joe needs to step in line or whatever and I'll keep laughing at you morons and pointing out how idiotic it is.

"Joe Burrow needs to shut his mouth because he hurts my feelings... It will make him read a defense better and throw the ball further if he does".... Yeah, ooook. Smart take.

Of course, Joe can say what he wants. So can dude who you ranted against, and so can you

FWIW, the OP never said JB can't say what he wants; he merely gave his thoughts on the matter. But feel free to express your "open-mindedness". 

(07-24-2022, 01:40 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: joe is a super talented kid. he's capable of being the best qb in the nfl and keeping the Bengals in the SB hunt for years but there are things i think he needs to get away from if he's gonna do that.

he needs to get rid of the whole cam newton stuff.
he needs to keep the cockiness in check.
he needs to avoid the political mess.
he needs to remember its ok to get rid of the ball sometimes.
he needs to stop taking every little critcism to heart.

just go out and play joe. focus on winning, being as great as possible and let the other nonsense go. it aint important and doesn't help you at all. burrow can be tom brady level if he stays focused on what's really important.

(07-24-2022, 11:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course, Joe can say what he wants. So can dude who you ranted against, and so can you

FWIW, the OP never said JB can't say what he wants; he merely gave his thoughts on the matter. But feel free to express your "open-mindedness". 

That’s actually exactly what he said…

There’s a lot of “needs to” in that post. Not “maybe he should” or “I wish he would.” He went with “needs to.”

Basically = Joe needs to STFU.

(07-24-2022, 11:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk but let’s not even put the potential career ending injury stuff out in the universe.

Also, am I the only one who can’t read Mike’s entire posts without them being cutoff? I’ve noticed it before.

I didn't like putting it out there either, but some are acting like he's already set for life money wise, for many of us, he probably is, but I'm sure he wants more. I'm viewing it from more of a players side than fan side. As a fan, i don't give 2 shits about what he says as long as it's not interfering with his game.

You not the first to mention that, i have no idea why it does that from laptop and phone posts. Sad
(07-25-2022, 12:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s actually exactly what he said…

There’s a lot of “needs to” in that post. Not “maybe he should” or “I wish he would.” He went with “needs to.”

Basically = Joe needs to STFU.

So is it exactly or basically?

OP suggested things he thinks JB should get away from. One of the 5 things he listed was "The political mess" and somehow that morphed into He "exactly" said JB can't say what he wants.

(07-25-2022, 12:22 AM)bfine32 Wrote: So is it exactly or basically?

OP suggested things he thinks JB should get away from. One of the 5 things he listed was "The political mess" and somehow that morphed into He "exactly" said JB can't say what he wants.

“Needs to” seems pretty clear to me. But if you want to give the OP the benefit of the doubt that’s obviously your prerogative.

(07-25-2022, 12:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: “Needs to” seems pretty clear to me. But if you want to give the OP the benefit of the doubt that’s obviously your prerogative.

Of course you left out "thinks"

Quick question: Which of the following is telling you you cannot say what you want:

"I wish you would STFU"

"I think you need to STFU"

I'm not giving anyone the "benefit of the doubt"; I'm just going by what I read and not putting words in their mouths.

(07-25-2022, 12:32 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course you left out "thinks"

Quick question: Which of the following is telling you you cannot say what you want:

"I wish you would STFU"

"I think you need to STFU"

I'm not giving anyone the "benefit of the doubt"; I'm just going by what I read and not putting words in their mouths.

This is getting silly. I didn’t have to put words in his mouth - dude literally typed “just go out and play.” I don’t know how else to interpret that other than that Joe should stfu. Which is obviously ridiculous.

(07-24-2022, 11:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They don’t make the comments during the games though (other than maybe the kneeling). And you likely only feel that way because you don’t agree with said politics.

I’m actually a big 2nd amendment guy, and I had absolutely no problem with what Burrow said after Uvalde. He was asked a question, and he gave an honest answer (which I respect so much more than typical “player speak”). A big part of the problem nowadays is there’s just no middle ground anymore in this country.

Yes. It's society now with social media. Something happens and Jen the cashier at Walmart feels she has to put out a statement on Facebook.

NFL players are just part of it.
(07-25-2022, 12:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is getting silly. I didn’t have to put words in his mouth - dude literally typed “just go out and play.” I don’t know how else to interpret that other than that Joe should stfu. Which is obviously ridiculous.

Dude also literally typed "I THINK". He gave his opinion, he made no demands. I do appreciate you have gone from "He exactly said JB can't say what he wants" to "he thinks JB should STFU". I totally agree that's what the OP said. I haven't wavered from it. 

But, you're right, it's getting silly; but which side is up for debate. 

BTW, you didn't answer my question. Which is me telling you you can't sat what you what:

I wish you would STFU

I think you need to STFU

I think you should answer that simple question.

(07-25-2022, 12:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is getting silly. I didn’t have to put words in his mouth - dude literally typed “just go out and play.” I don’t know how else to interpret that other than that Joe should stfu. Which is obviously ridiculous.

How is this silly? 
I took my example of someone that has already been down that path and learned from it. You know from that guy already made more from sponsors in the 2021 season alone than any other other player in the history of the NFL?? His words carry a hell of a lot more weight on the subject than any of ours.
It's easy to see what side of the spectrum people are on in this thread. Glad I stay out of that shit now. Both sides are complete trash...People need to realize the elites don't give a **** about you, or what side you are on...
(07-25-2022, 12:59 AM)Tony Wrote: It's easy to see what side of the spectrum people are on in this thread. Glad I stay out of that shit now. Both sides are complete trash...People need to realize the elites don't give a **** about you, or what side you are on...

So then you agree with the OP. He listed 5 things the THINKS JB needs to stay away from and one of them was "the Political Mess". 

So he only thinks JB should be like you and "stay out of that shit".

(07-24-2022, 11:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They don’t make the comments during the games though (other than maybe the kneeling). And you likely only feel that way because you don’t agree with said politics.

The NFL and other sports had political statements on their helmets or jersey which offended me to an extent. 
Who Dey!  Tiger
(07-24-2022, 11:40 PM)PDub80 Wrote: That's just, like, your opinion, man.

OP has had an axe to grind against Joe Burrow because he disagrees with his political opinions. He wants to silence people he disagrees with.

If you're on board with that, good luck in going on to F'kng yourself.

LOL i'm not F'king myself. I make zero money off of what he says or doesn't say, or wears for that matter.
I'd prefer he be vague and not allow someone to 'use his words against him", it's like a fad these days.
Things get silly around here in the off-season....

The one thing on the original list that I'd agree with is that getting rid of the ball is a good thing.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]