Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe's Doc "all systems go"
(05-21-2021, 08:12 AM)Dr.Z Wrote: I see that and think of a beautiful time , and then look at what my GT  PP and other bmx freestyle shit is selling for now on eBay ... crazy

It really is nuts the prices that shit is going for.  Like everyone else, I really wish I would held on to more of my stuff.

PS If you had a Pro Performer then I know you know all about this...

Reply/Quote
It still amazes me that people never knew the "All Pro" acknowledgement players get from around the league comes from the AP.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 10:13 AM)jj22 Wrote: It still amazes me that people never knew the "All Pro" acknowledgement players get from around the league comes from the AP.

It still amazes me that people refuse to accept the fact the NFL acknowledges 1st team selections from all 3 organizations as All-Pro and lists those players are All -Pro in the official record books, without any asterisk that states "JJ and Wes don't agree with the rules"

What is the Difference Between Being an NFL All-Pro and Pro Bowler? (sportscasting.com)
Quote:Unlike the Pro Bowl, which fans count for one-third of the vote and is often a popularity contest, members of the media select the All-Pro teams.

In 2020, those media organizations include the Associated Press (AP), Pro Football Writers of America (PFWA), and Sporting News (SN). Any player selected to the first-team of any of the teams is considered an “All-Pro” and included in the NFL Record and Fact Book.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 10:13 AM)jj22 Wrote: It still amazes me that people never knew the "All Pro" acknowledgement players get from around the league comes from the AP.

I honestly didn't even know there were others. 

Sled thinks I was pretending not to know, but I had no clue Trey Hendrickson made an "All Pro" team.  I'm not even sure he made the Pro Bowl.  If you go to his many of his pages you won't see All Pro listed as an accomplishment.

But as it turns out, apparently there are others now.  He made the PFWA one, whatever that is.

I think he should be a good player for us.  Not ripping on the dude at all.  I just didn't he was an All Pro.  Like you, I thought there was only one.  Specifically, this one... https://www.nfl.com/news/2020-all-pro-team-donald-kelce-highlight-roster
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 10:32 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I honestly didn't even know there were others. 

Sled thinks I was pretending not to know, but I had no clue Trey Hendrickson made an "All Pro" team.  I'm not even sure he made the Pro Bowl.  If you go to his many of his pages you won't see All Pro listed as an accomplishment.

But as it turns out, apparently there are others now.  He made the PFWA one, whatever that is.

I think he should be a good player for us.  Not ripping on the dude at all.  I just didn't he was an All Pro.  Like you, I thought there was only one.  Specifically, this one... https://www.nfl.com/news/2020-all-pro-team-donald-kelce-highlight-roster

PFWA has been doing it for quite awhile, since the '60s I believe, but the AP has become the most widely recognized.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 10:32 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I honestly didn't even know there were others. 

Player too typically only highlight the all pro achievement from the AP. 

Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 10:40 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: PFWA has been doing it for quite awhile, since the '60s I believe, but the AP has become the most widely recognized.

What part of this are people having trouble with?????

Quote:In 2020, those media organizations include the Associated Press (AP), Pro Football Writers of America (PFWA), and Sporting News (SN). Any player selected to the first-team of any of the teams is considered an “All-Pro” and included in the NFL Record and Fact Book.

The NFL considers all three "official" and any 1st team player is "officially" placed in the official record books by the NFL, Officially. The AP is probably the best known, but it is not the official source.
Reply/Quote
Soon folks will be counting the Facebook All Pro team, the Twitter All Pro team....

If players only acknowledge one.....

Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 10:55 AM)jj22 Wrote: Soon folks will be counting the Facebook All Pro team, the Twitter All Pro team....

Reader's Digest All Pro Team is the one I tend to follow.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 10:55 AM)jj22 Wrote: Soon folks will be counting the Facebook All Pro team, the Twitter All Pro team....

If it's good enough for THE NFL to acknowledge it and put it in the official record books, it is good enough to recognize.  I realize that flies in the face of the "criticize everything Bengals" mantra....
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 10:50 AM)Sled21 Wrote: What part of this are people having trouble with?????

The NFL considers all three "official" and any 1st team player is "officially" placed in the official record books by the NFL, Officially. The AP is probably the best known, but it is not the official source.

Yeah, they are all technically recognized as part of the history book, but when the NFL publishes the All-Pro team each year, they go with the AP selections. The AP has become the 'official' standard in that sense. That doesn't take away from the others, IMO...it just means the NFL has chosen the AP as the top source.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 10:50 AM)Sled21 Wrote: What part of this are people having trouble with?????

I think everyone made it pretty clear.  The AP one is the one you most commonly see.

Take something like Wikipedia for example, something almost everyone uses.  If you go to Trey Hendrickson's page, which I'll link below, you'll find under "Career Highlights and Awards" no mention of being 1st team All Pro.  You only see "C-USA Conference Player of the Year (2016)"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trey_Hendrickson

Take a simple google seach result: type in "NFL All-Pro Team 2020".  You should see that the very first result is from nfl.com.  Pointing out the obvious here, but this is the official website of the NFL.  This is the very first page you will come across if you're trying to find out who made the All Pro Team.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2020-all-pro-team-donald-kelce-highlight-roster

Again, I'm not pointing this out to diminish anything Trey Hendrickson has accomplished.  If he's made other All Pro Teams, which are recgonized then that's great.  All I'm trying to say here is it should be easy for someone to understand how some may be completely unaware of it.

There's nothing wrong about what Holic just said, the AP is the most recgonized one.  The NFL confirms as much with their own website.  And there's nothing wrong with those of us who were oblivious to the fact that he made another when these are the types of results and articles that we use to learn these things.

Really no need to get so defensive about it. 
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 10:58 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Reader's Digest All Pro Team is the one I tend to follow.

Do you eat these when you're reading it?

[Image: EOVqEAiXUAEejOy.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 11:33 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I think everyone made it pretty clear.  The AP one is the one you most commonly see.

Take something like Wikipedia for example, something almost everyone uses.  If you go to Trey Hendrickson's page, which I'll link below, you'll find under "Career Highlights and Awards" no mention of being 1st team All Pro.  You only see "C-USA Conference Player of the Year (2016)"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trey_Hendrickson

Take a simple google seach result: type in "NFL All-Pro Team 2020".  You should see that the very first result is from nfl.com.  Pointing out the obvious here, but this is the official website of the NFL.  This is the very first page you will come across if you're trying to find out who made the All Pro Team.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2020-all-pro-team-donald-kelce-highlight-roster

Again, I'm not pointing this out to diminish anything Trey Hendrickson has accomplished.  If he's made other All Pro Teams, which are recgonized then that's great.  All I'm trying to say here is it should be easy for someone to understand how some may be completely unaware of it.

There's nothing wrong about what Holic just said, the AP is the most recgonized one.  The NFL confirms as much with their own website.  And there's nothing wrong with those of us who were oblivious to the fact that he made another when these are the types of results and articles that we use to learn these things.

Really no need to get so defensive about it. 

I'm not defensive about it, I just didn't think you missed the multi-page discussion about it when he was signed, maybe you did. If so, my bad. 
The Wiki thing is interesting, as the All-Pro was listed in his accomplishments when he was signed, because I looked him up and that's how I knew. Seeing as Wiki can be edited by just about anyone, I wonder who took that off and when? He's still listed on their 2020 All Pro Team listing if you look that up.

And, I'll just point out that the AP voting process is very much flawed as well. Just ask anyone who is a Lion's fan.

Bottom line is, we signed a guy who was voted 1st team All-Pro to replace a guy who never even sniffed it. That's a good thing.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 10:59 AM)Sled21 Wrote: If it's good enough for THE NFL to acknowledge it and put it in the official record books, it is good enough to recognize.  I realize that flies in the face of the "criticize everything Bengals" mantra....

I don't know where anything I said about all pro, and which one even players highlight falls into the "criticize everything bengals" line so heavily relied upon as the go to attack line around here for anyone who dares to disagree with folks come from but whatever. 

Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 09:28 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: It really is nuts the prices that shit is going for.  Like everyone else, I really wish I would held on to more of my stuff.

PS If you had a Pro Performer then I know you know all about this...

Yeah man, I tend to make nostalgic impulse buys at times and went to buy another freestyle bike (of course it had to be from the era we are referring to) and couldn't believe it buddy.  My friend - who keeps everything - still has his Dyno Pro Comp team model edition among 3 or 4 others.      And ABSOLUTELY @ the Rad clip!  Rock On   I always wanted to show off at the school dance freestylin' on my GT and have the ladies swooning lol.    Cool
Reply/Quote

Wow.  What an amazing coincidence.  Two of the biggest "realists" on this board are also the ones who have never heard of the ProFootball Writers Association All Pro Team.

Since we all know that neither one of these guys would ever try to manipulate information in order to shit on the Bengals Rolleyes it must just be evidence that being a "realist" is evidence of lack of knowledge.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 07:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wow.  What an amazing coincidence.  Two of the biggest "realists" on this board are also the ones who have never heard of the ProFootball Writers Association All Pro Team.

Since we all know that neither one of these guys would ever try to manipulate information in order to shit on the Bengals Rolleyes it must just be evidence that being a "realist" is evidence of lack of knowledge.

I just don't understand how some will go out of their way to say a guy ain't no good cause this says this and do it mostly because
he is now a Bengal in order to tear him down. Hendrickson deserved AP's All Pro consideration even if he didn't get it after last 
season, same as a Pro Bowl selection which has been a joke for years. Bottom line, Trey Hendrickson was a top 10 End last year in 
the NFL and is now on the Bengals. Carl Lawson was not and is no longer on the Bengals, upgrade.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 07:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wow.  What an amazing coincidence.  Two of the biggest "realists" on this board are also the ones who have never heard of the ProFootball Writers Association All Pro Team.

Really glad you're back from your 317th ban, dude.  I've missed this. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 12:51 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: People can be 'realists' and still be optimistic or pessimistic brother. 

You're right...nothing wrong with being cautious with your optimism. At the same time though, nothing wrong with feeling more positive about things either. Hell, I've been on both sides multiple times in the same season before. LOL I just don get why people get so bent out of shape because someone isn't thinking the exact same way they are. 

You say more pessimistic fans are being mocked or whatever, and then turn around call other people Hobsons and Mike Browns. See the problem there? This is what I was talking about in the opinions thread I started a few days ago. 
Hey, I feel optimistic before every season and always have. I'm in my 60's and there hasn't been a season when I thought they might not win it all..Same with the Reds.. That feeling usually falls to the wayside as the season goes on, but I see it like I never know who might get injured and have a terrible season and that can be any team at any time. We never quite know which other teams in our division may get torn up by the injury bug or just play like crap for no reason and on the flip side we don't know who is going to play way better than they have ever played..
Look at the Reds for example..Did anyone expect Wade Miley to throw a no hitter and Castillo to fall completely to pieces? I didn't, but there you go..
I gave up on trying to look into the future a long time ago. Time seems to run backwards whenever I do..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote