Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe's Doc "all systems go"
Who needs Burrow when we have unlimited QBs just sitting around? 
All trophy winners too! 
[Image: Large_armchairqb.jpg]
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This offseason has exposed this board for having far more Hobspins and MB's then otherwise thought. Keep attacking and mocking folks who won't tote the company line all the time. Realist have history on our side. There's nothing wrong with those fans who are more cautious in their optimism given the history of the organization.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 12:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: Realist have history on our side.

No you don't. 

In '08 the realists said Marvin would not make the playoffs again.

In 2010 the battle cry of the realists was that the Bengals would never win consistently.

You all have been proven wrong many times.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 12:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: This offseason has exposed this board for having far more Hobspins and MB's then otherwise thought. Keep attacking and mocking folks who won't tote the company line all the time. Realist have history on our side. There's nothing wrong with those fans who are more cautious in their optimism given the history of the organization.

There's a big difference between "realist" and someone who finds fault about every friccken decision the organization makes.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 12:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: This offseason has exposed this board for having far more Hobspins and MB's then otherwise thought. Keep attacking and mocking folks who won't tote the company line all the time. Realist have history on our side. There's nothing wrong with those fans who are more cautious in their optimism given the history of the organization.

People can be 'realists' and still be optimistic or pessimistic brother. 

You're right...nothing wrong with being cautious with your optimism. At the same time though, nothing wrong with feeling more positive about things either. Hell, I've been on both sides multiple times in the same season before. LOL I just don get why people get so bent out of shape because someone isn't thinking the exact same way they are. 

You say more pessimistic fans are being mocked or whatever, and then turn around call other people Hobsons and Mike Browns. See the problem there? This is what I was talking about in the opinions thread I started a few days ago. 
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 12:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Really, because I didn't see a question here.....

We have the Vikings at home, the Bears, the Steelers and Jacksonville at home. And you don't think we have a very good chance of beating them? Cousins is Cousins, then Andy Dalton, then washed up Ben, and Lawrence. I can very easily see a 4-0 start.

I like how playing Andy Dalton is an automatic W.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 10:56 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Per James Rapien, Burrow threw to Chase and Uzomah yesterday:

'Burrow threw to Chase and Uzomah separate from the rest of the team. He is rehabbing daily at the stadium and is expected to continue his throwing program throughout OTA's.'

Awesome. Uzo hung with Burrow a lot this Offseason as well both rehabbing together.

(05-20-2021, 11:04 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: That’s exciting to hear. I wonder if he has a full arsenal of throws available to him or if they are limiting him to say 20 yards at the furthest. Either way, sounds like on a good track to potentially start the season!

There was a thread of Burrow throwing a month or two back and he was throwing 30 to 40 yards down field with ease.

Think he has a stronger arm this season.

(05-20-2021, 11:06 AM)Au165 Wrote: I have said all off-season as people called for another TE that I think Uzomah was going to be a massive part of their plan last year and he and Burrow had established a really good connection in camp. We saw it early in the season before he went down just the sheer number of targets he was getting. I expect even with the talent we have at receiver this year, CJ will still get a really strong amount of targets this year. 

Yes, thinking Uzo could be our breakout player on Offense the more I think about it. With Chase the underneath route 
runners will feast in Boyd and our TE's. If Uzo can stay healthy he could have a great season. He is big not terribly slow
and has good hands.

(05-20-2021, 11:08 AM)Au165 Wrote: If there are limitations it's probably more about the platform he can throw off of and not so much depth. It was his front leg and not his drive leg so exerting more force on the knee isn't really an issue because of the depth with it being the front leg.

True, would be different if it was the plant leg.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 12:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No you don't. 

**In '08 the realists said Marvin would not make the playoffs again.

**In 2010 the battle cry of the realists was that the Bengals would never win consistently.

You all have been proven wrong many times.

***Can only come up with 2 examples in 30 years....

Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 12:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: There's a big difference between "realist" and someone who finds fault about every friccken decision the organization makes.

But what has this organization done to cause those fans not to?

I think the optimist are the ones who need to answer to their optimism. Explain themselves as to why they feel the need to attack those who think differently. Where is this optimism coming from besides fans being hopeful (which is understandable but certainly not enough to slam those who are less willing to give the blind hope) Pessimists have plenty to point to as to why they are jaded in their optimism...It's far more understandable in my opinion.

Certainly not worthy of the shaming given the teams past and past fan letdowns.

Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 01:12 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I like how playing Andy Dalton is an automatic W.

Palmer was 1-1 against us...how will Dalton fare?  It's the revenge game practically no one is interested in!

(05-20-2021, 01:17 PM)jj22 Wrote: But what has this organization done to cause those fans not to?

I think the optimist are the ones who need to answer to their optimism. Explain themselves as to why they feel the need to attack those who think differently. Where is this optimism coming from besides fans being hopeful (which is understandable but certainly not enough to slam those who are less willing to give the blind hope) Pessimists have plenty to point to as to why they are jaded in their optimism...It's far more understandable in my opinion.

I will say the biggest laughs the optimists made involve all those bench WRs we had who "could totally be uncoverable" the notion that we needed to make Jeremy Hill the focal point of the entire franchise, and the fact that we've spent over a decade predicting that the Steelers are "going to fall off this year" but I actually think they might this year and this time I mean it.

Otherwise, it's not too absurd. 
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 01:17 PM)jj22 Wrote: But what has this organization done to cause those fans not to?

I've watched people on both sides give people on the other side shit every since this board started, and on the old board before that. To act like it's one sided is not being 'realistic' at all brother, and it's at an all-time high right now, which is frustrating as hell when it's infecting almost every damn thread anymore.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 01:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Palmer was 1-1 against us...how will Dalton fare?  It's the revenge game practically no one is interested in!

Should've been 2-0 (or, at the very least, a chance at 2-0). Have never seen such a BS call in my life.

(05-20-2021, 01:29 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I've watched people on both sides give people on the other side shit every since this board started, and on the old board before that. To act like it's one sided is not being 'realistic' at all brother, and it's at an all-time high right now, which is frustrating as hell when it's infecting almost every damn thread anymore.

Bingo.

And sadly, it's the same handful of people doing the infecting; this thread, for example, is NOTHING but great news and optimism; to shit on the content, is just completely out of line, off-tone and just off, period.

Then the, "realist," brigade (not trying to single anyone out, but those that have proclaimed themselves as such, feel the need to remind everyone in each thread of where they stand) comes into this thread and starts shitting on it. I'm not gonna say why they are doing it, because I don't want to turn things personal and potentially get modded, but we all know the reason why these black clouds continue to hang around the threads, spreading their, "influence."

It's just baffling. It's almost like we as a fanbase can NEVER be positive about something, "because MB," or, "because ZT," or, "because RoH," etc.

Just be happy, for once.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/nfl/bengals/.amp/news/joe-burrow-worked-out-with-jamarr-chase-and-c-j-uzomah

Apparently, he's been working out with Chase and Uzomah as well already.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 01:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Palmer was 1-1 against us...how will Dalton fare?  It's the revenge game practically no one is interested in!

Dalton fared pretty well last year.  He and a terrible Cowboys team beat us 30-7 and Dalton had a 122.6 QB rating.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 01:48 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Should've been 2-0 (or, at the very least, a chance at 2-0). Have never seen such a BS call in my life.

You must not have seen the Tampa Bay game where Justin Smith got called for a roughing the passer on a game ending sack.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 02:03 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Dalton fared pretty well last year.  He and a terrible Cowboys team beat us 30-7 and Dalton had a 122.6 QB rating.

Man, that completely slipped my mind.  Geez...well at least this year he's going to be an automatic W now that we are playing in Chicago and he's on a team that made the playoffs twice with Mitch Trubisky at QB....wait.
Reply/Quote
Well I'll say this and leave it alone. When Burrow went down EVERYONE was upset. So those now acting like it was just the pessimist and taking shots at the reactions of fans on the board when it happened are lame. We can post the thread, but there was no one that wasn't concerned about what it meant for his future and upset. I bet you'll find some of these folks who now slam the reaction, equally upset and worried about his future (I looked, and it's one of the reasons why they won't post the thread). Some of the people in this very thread taking shots at the reaction reacted the same as those who they now take shots at. I won't post their post because it is against COC, but it is lame of them to now flip the script and try to rewrite history. Very lame.

But folks can carry on taking shots at those who reacted to the injury negatively as if they didn't.

I'm wondering if this is just the leftovers of the team chase vs team Sewell debate in its new form. Now those on a certain side are desperate to prove the reaction to Joes injury was exaggerated (in turn, justifying passing on Sewell, and the whole protect Joe at all cost train of thought).

Reply/Quote
All I know is that I didn't have a crystal ball to tell me that Burrow was done for when he got the injury, nor do I have a crystal ball that says he's A-OK SUPER BEST AWESOME and 2021 is going to be a fearless return to form.

I have zero balls of crystal.
Reply/Quote

Ok, I'll answer why we should be optimistic.

Joe Burrow
Ja'Marr Chase
Tee Higgins
Tyler Boyd
Joe Mixon 
Jonah Williams
Riley Reiff
Jackson Carman
DJ Reader
Larry Ogunjobi
Tyler Shelvin
Sam Hubbard
Trey Hendrickson
Joseph Ossai
Vonn Bell
Chidobe Awuzi
Mike Hilton
Trae Waynes
Jessie Bates
Samanje Perine
Kevin Huber
Clark Harris
Brandon Wilson (KR)

That should be the heart of a rock solid roster. 

Pollack is a huge upgrade over Turner.

Burrow has half a season under his belt instead of being a new starter.

Lou has replaced players who struggle in Zone coverage with players who excel in it. He now has the pieces to run the defense he wants to. 

We picked up the best blitzing safety in the league to help with the pass rush. Added an All Pro DE.  

Replaced Fat Randy, which should make those who bemoaned him constantly happy.

Mike Jordan should never see the field this year. 

Taylor, going into year 3, will have his first time with a traditional off season, as it is. 

While the schedule is tough, we have the 9ers and Chargers at home, and only travel as far west as Vegas and Denver.

Lot's to be optimistic about. 
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 04:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Added an All Pro DE.  

We did?  When did this happen?
Reply/Quote