Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe's Doc "all systems go"
(05-20-2021, 04:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Taylor, going into year 3, will have his first time with a traditional off season, as it is. 

Today I learned the 2019 offseason was not a traditional offseason.

It had the scouting combine, it had free agency, it had in-player visits. it had minicamps, it had OTA's, it had training camp, it had preseason games.  What am I missing?  Zac Taylor getting hired Feburary 4th negates the "traditional" aspect of it?
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 04:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: We picked up the best blitzing safety in the league to help with the pass rush.

Racking my brain here trying to figure out who you're referring to.  Right now I'm stuck between you confusing a corner with a safety or you forgetting that Von Bell was on the team last year.  And that's before I even get to the "best in the league" portion of this statement.

Note: If we somehow just signed Jamaal Adams (the best blitzing safety in the league) then please disregard all of the above.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 04:35 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Racking my brain here trying to figure out who you're referring to.  Right now I'm stuck between you confusing a corner with a safety or you forgetting that Von Bell was on the team last year.  And that's before I even get to the "best in the league" portion of this statement.

Note: If we somehow just signed Jamaal Adams (the best blitzing safety in the league) then please disregard all of the above.

Think he's referring to Hilton... Just mixed up the position.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 01:48 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Should've been 2-0 (or, at the very least, a chance at 2-0). Have never seen such a BS call in my life.

Bingo.

And sadly, it's the same handful of people doing the infecting; this thread, for example, is NOTHING but great news and optimism; to shit on the content, is just completely out of line, off-tone and just off, period.

Then the, "realist," brigade (not trying to single anyone out, but those that have proclaimed themselves as such, feel the need to remind everyone in each thread of where they stand) comes into this thread and starts shitting on it. I'm not gonna say why they are doing it, because I don't want to turn things personal and potentially get modded, but we all know the reason why these black clouds continue to hang around the threads, spreading their, "influence."

It's just baffling. It's almost like we as a fanbase can NEVER be positive about something, "because MB," or, "because ZT," or, "because RoH," etc.

Just be happy, for once.

Positivity can spread, can it not?

Listening to good ole Bob Marley right now drinkin' a brewskie. Gonna spread my positivity.

Being negative helps nothing. Don't worry and be happy. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 09:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Positivity can spread, can it not?

Listening to good ole Bob Marley right now drinkin' a brewskie. Gonna spread my positivity.

Being negative helps nothing. Don't worry and be happy. Smirk

I know nobody likes a know-it-all, but it sounds like you're actually listening to Bobby McFerrin...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 02:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I have zero balls.

Can't have no progeny without those. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 09:48 PM)jason Wrote: I know nobody likes a know-it-all, but it sounds like you're actually listening to Bobby McFerrin...

I hear this name and I think of Jams shorts and Haro's and GT's.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 09:48 PM)jason Wrote: I know nobody likes a know-it-all, but it sounds like you're actually listening to Bobby McFerrin...

Well yeah, I definitely don't know his name the one hit wonder so I listen to Bob instead.

That don't sound like the man who sings "Don't worry be happy now."

Bobby McFerrin eh, sounds Irish. Mellow

(05-20-2021, 11:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Can't have no progeny without those. 

Aye, does no good.

(05-20-2021, 11:39 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I hear this name and I think of Jams shorts and Haro's and GT's.

Smirk
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 11:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well yeah, I definitely don't know his name the one hit wonder so I listen to Bob instead.

That don't sound like the man who sings "Don't worry be happy now."

Bobby McFerrin eh, sounds Irish. Mellow

Aye, does no good.

Smirk

Reminds me of the time when I discovered all of my favorite Huey Lewis and the News songs were actually Bruce Springsteen and the E St. Band.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 11:45 PM)jason Wrote: Reminds me of the time when I discovered all of my favorite Huey Lewis and the News songs were actually Bruce Springsteen and the E St. Band.

Rough man. Whatever

Love Huey lol
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 11:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Rough man. Whatever

Love Huey lol

I actually stole that line from an episode of the Office. I reversed it from the original though. Half of Michael's favorite Bruce songs were Huey Lewis.

You ain't the only one drinking some brews tonight my friend.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 11:45 PM)jason Wrote: Reminds me of the time when I discovered all of my favorite Huey Lewis and the News songs were actually Bruce Springsteen and the E St. Band.

Unpopular opinion: I might take this song over any single one in Bruce's entire catalog.  If that makes me a nostalgic cheesedick so be it. lol

When this came out I'm pretty sure I pestered my mom into buying me a Valterra skateboard from Gold Circle within a month.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 12:06 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Unpopular opinion: I might take this song over any single one in Bruce's entire catalog.  If that makes me a nostalig cheesedick so be it.

When this came out I'm pretty sure I pestered my mom into buying me a Valterra skateboard from Gold Circle within a month.

It's funny cause that movie and single coincide with Bruce's commercial peek, but if you haven't heard his first two albums (Greetings From Asbury Park and The Wild and the Innocent), I'd wager your mind would change. I still really like the music that the Boss is putting out to this day.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

I always mixed up Huey Lewis with Eddie Money.
Reply/Quote

In still convinced Styx, REO Speedwagon, and Foreigner are the same band. 
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 11:39 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: and I think of Haro's and GT's.
I see that and think of a beautiful time , and then look at what my GT PP and other bmx freestyle shit is selling for now on eBay ... crazy
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 04:24 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: We did?  When did this happen?

Trey Hendrickson, you know this, you are just being obstinate. 
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 04:30 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Today I learned the 2019 offseason was not a traditional offseason.

It had the scouting combine, it had free agency, it had in-player visits. it had minicamps, it had OTA's, it had training camp, it had preseason games.  What am I missing?  Zac Taylor getting hired Feburary 4th negates the "traditional" aspect of it?

While the rest of the league had a traditional offseason, you know as well that his late hiring meant he got a late start to everything. 
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 04:35 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Racking my brain here trying to figure out who you're referring to.  Right now I'm stuck between you confusing a corner with a safety or you forgetting that Von Bell was on the team last year.  And that's before I even get to the "best in the league" portion of this statement.

Oh, I typed safety instead of corner, you get a sticker. Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 04:45 PM)jason Wrote: Think he's referring to Hilton... Just mixed up the position.

He knows that, he's just being his usual *** self.
Reply/Quote