Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe's Doc "all systems go"
(05-18-2021, 09:04 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: C'mon man...giving the knee an extra 3 weeks rest is not the same as playing only in games that matter mentality.

If Burrow comes out with a brace on his knee, which he probably will, is that not a precaution?  Which is all I'm saying waiting 3 more weeks is, a precaution.  I just don't believe you are 100 percent with that type injury at 9 months.  You can be healthy enough to play but that don't mean you're 100.   Why not take a little extra precaution and sit him some extra weeks?  And there's nothing wrong with being optimistic, I get that, but he could have a setback in training camp and then what!?  He will most likely have to sit some weeks.

Hey, I'm going to turn 63 yrs old soon.  I have been a Bengals fan since they came into existence.  I would like nothing more than to see Burrow come back from the injury.  I just don't want it rushed because everyone feels that it's necessary in order for the season to be meaningful.

But you're not Dr. Neal El Attrache, and he is. He would be the one to know. Burrow is not going to sit if he is healthy, because we have a very good chance to start this season 4-0, which is a start we will need as we get into the tougher stretches. These are 4 games, played at real speed where Chase, Higgins, Boyd and Burrow can all get their rhythms down. Yeah, he will probably wear a knee brace, but that brace will probably be there the rest of his career. We have a real opportunity here, we aren't going to squander it with Joey B holding a clipboard.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 09:04 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: C'mon man...giving the knee an extra 3 weeks rest is not the same as playing only in games that matter mentality.

If Burrow comes out with a brace on his knee, which he probably will, is that not a precaution?  Which is all I'm saying waiting 3 more weeks is, a precaution.  I just don't believe you are 100 percent with that type injury at 9 months.  You can be healthy enough to play but that don't mean you're 100.   Why not take a little extra precaution and sit him some extra weeks?  And there's nothing wrong with being optimistic, I get that, but he could have a setback in training camp and then what!?  He will most likely have to sit some weeks.

Hey, I'm going to turn 63 yrs old soon.  I have been a Bengals fan since they came into existence.  I would like nothing more than to see Burrow come back from the injury.  I just don't want it rushed because everyone feels that it's necessary in order for the season to be meaningful.

Dude trust me when I say this but you may be turning 63 soon but even though you've been a Bengals fan that long you're not a "true" Bengal fan unless you 100% support then and you're not realistic or pessimistic.  You can only be a Bengals fan on this board if your optimistic if read what most say on here.  

I'm a realist.  I'm not an optimist, and I'm not a pessimist but I look at things realistically.  Realistically, Burrow will be back game 1.  Burrow will take the saps game 1, but i also believe Burrow will not take 1 snap in the pre-season.  

My questions come into play with how long does it take Burrow on the mental side of the game?  Does he come back game 1 and get hit and it doesn't phase him? who knows or does it take 8 games and it still affects him?  I understand people wanting to believe that he'll be game 10 Burrow who was throwing it around the yard in Washington like Joe Montana, but personally I think people need to temper those expectations because I don't think that's what you're going to see until later in the season. 
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 08:41 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Dude trust me when I say this but you may be turning 63 soon but even though you've been a Bengals fan that long you're not a "true" Bengal fan unless you 100% support then and you're not realistic or pessimistic.  You can only be a Bengals fan on this board if your optimistic if read what most say on here.  

I'm a realist.  I'm not an optimist, and I'm not a pessimist but I look at things realistically.  Realistically, Burrow will be back game 1.  Burrow will take the saps game 1, but i also believe Burrow will not take 1 snap in the pre-season.  

My questions come into play with how long does it take Burrow on the mental side of the game?  Does he come back game 1 and get hit and it doesn't phase him? who knows or does it take 8 games and it still affects him?  I understand people wanting to believe that he'll be game 10 Burrow who was throwing it around the yard in Washington like Joe Montana, but personally I think people need to temper those expectations because I don't think that's what you're going to see until later in the season. 

Pessimist.... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 06:52 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: What's the point of Burrow having to start week 1 of the season?  Why not just start him for the Jacksonville game at the end of September (30th) game 4.  Especially since this is a longer season.

With the weapons the Bengals have and an improved offensive line (supposedly), plus an upgraded defense (supposedly),  I think Brandon Allen can hold it down the first 3 weeks.  Plus that gives the Bengals time to evaluate the O-line for 3 weeks without Burrow getting hit.  I think those first 3 games are winnable with a backup QB under center (Vikings, Bears, Sqeelers).  I would play it on the safe side and look at it for the long haul.

Why?  If he's 100% healthy why would another month matter.  Silly.

They are not going to clear their franchise QB to play at anything less than 100% healed.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 08:56 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Why?  If he's 100% healthy why would another month matter.  Silly.

They are not going to clear their franchise QB to play at anything less than 100% healed.  
Theres 100% healthy and theres in football shape..     We just gotta hope for the best
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 09:02 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Theres 100% healthy and theres in football shape..     We just gotta hope for the best

Has Ben Roethlisberger ever been any shape besides round? It's a little different for a QB than almost any other position.

He will be fine, he will be running and doing everything besides getting hit. A QB doesn't need to get hit in order to take hits later, no one has hit Tom Brady/Brees/Rivers/Rodgers outside of a regular/post-season game in 10 years. 
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 08:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He did...I think his first action was game 3 against the Packers.  I know it was only preseason but he lit them up.  Stadium was going nuts...for a preseason game.  

I will add that Palmer's 06 season was one of his best.  His elbow injury later in his career was what really seemed to kill him here.  

I had to look it up but he played in preseason games 1 and 2 and not 3 and 4, apparently. 
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 08:34 AM)Sled21 Wrote: because we have a very good chance to start this season 4-0

I'm not sure you know what these words actually mean.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 09:43 AM)Au165 Wrote: Has Ben Roethlisberger ever been any shape besides round?

Believe it or not, this pic was taken his freshman year at Miami.

[Image: 3ee50d75a5c20cd4a9bcd9195398c78cAACF4141...EBBA3.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
so who is throwing to the rookies in practice now? ZAC? Ninja
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 10:08 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: so who is throwing to the rookies in practice now? ZAC? Ninja

The Syracuse dude?
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 04:31 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Burrow's career isn't meant to have a preseason.

Pre season is for BITCHES..
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 10:06 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Believe it or not, this pic was taken his freshman year at Miami.

[Image: 3ee50d75a5c20cd4a9bcd9195398c78cAACF4141...EBBA3.jpeg]
Now THAT'S the dude you want to lead your team to the promised land of...something probably not exactly what you had in mind..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 04:31 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Burrow's career isn't meant to have a preseason.

Preseason is for BITCHES..
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 10:04 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm not sure you know what these words actually mean.

Yeah, a 4-0 start would really suck for you, wouldn't it?
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 08:41 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Dude trust me when I say this but you may be turning 63 soon but even though you've been a Bengals fan that long you're not a "true" Bengal fan unless you 100% support then and you're not realistic or pessimistic.  You can only be a Bengals fan on this board if your optimistic if read what most say on here.  

I'm not a true fan because I don't have a Bengals man cave with a bunch of worthless "Bengals gear" hanging on the walls and floor..
I shall forever hang my head in shame.. Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 11:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, a 4-0 start would really suck for you, wouldn't it?

That was your takeway from a very legitimate question.  Way to deflect.

I'd love to go 4-0.  Hell, 5-0, 8-0, 16-0... anything and 0 sounds fantastic to me.

I just don't think we have a "very good chance" at starting at 4-0.  Is that so wrong?  Is is "negative" to question someone who thinks this likely to happen?

Note: For you kids at home, these are the types of posts that get posters like me labeled a "hater".  You're a negative Nancy on JN according to some for pointing out something as obvious as the chances of us going 4-0 are not at all very good.
Reply/Quote
Great news. Although I felt this way for a long time and was 99% sure he would be ready by training camp but good news still.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 11:25 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: That was your takeway from a very legitimate question.  Way to deflect.

I'd love to go 4-0.  Hell, 5-0, 8-0, 16-0... anything and 0 sounds fantastic to me.

I just don't think we have a "very good chance" at starting at 4-0.  Is that so wrong?  Is is "negative" to question someone who thinks this likely to happen?

Note: For you kids at home, these are the types of posts that get posters like me labeled a "hater".  You're a negative Nancy on JN according to some for pointing out something as obvious as the chances of us going 4-0 are not at all very good.

Wes, i dint feel that way about you....maybe a little...what about going 3-1?
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 11:25 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: That was your takeway from a very legitimate question.  Way to deflect.

Really, because I didn't see a question here.....
Quote:I'm not sure you know what these words actually mean.

We have the Vikings at home, the Bears, the Steelers and Jacksonville at home. And you don't think we have a very good chance of beating them? Cousins is Cousins, then Andy Dalton, then washed up Ben, and Lawrence. I can very easily see a 4-0 start.
Reply/Quote