Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.29 Average
Joe speaks out
(06-06-2020, 04:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Those officers were enablers of murder just the same as the so called peaceful protesters who stand by and enable the violence to
happen and march with the Antifa shits. And...

They wanted Liberty.

There's ample evidence of protesters stopping looters/vandals.
https://www.reddit.com/r/WatchPeopleDieInside/comments/guvlgu/streamer_tells_protesters_to_flip_truck_then/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwidobZU1oY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9Al_OCpYFk
https://www.foxla.com/video/690357
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8375121/Protesters-LA-NY-Washington-DC-stop-looters-raiding-stores.html

Meanwhile, 57 police officers resigned from their post on the emergency response team (the team that principally responds to riots and to "protect" peaceful protests) in protest when 2 police officers were suspended (and subsequently charged) for assaulting a peaceful protester on camera.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/06/05/buffalo-new-york-police-officers-suspended-shoving-man-ground/3153626001/

The vast majority of protesters (and supporters of protesters) condemn the rioting and looting but acknowledge that it is an inevitable consequence of the oppression of the voiceless.

It's like what Martin Luther King Jr. said:
Quote:Let me say as I've always said, and I will always continue to say, that riots are socially destructive and self-defeating. I'm still convinced that nonviolence is the most potent weapon available to oppressed people in their struggle for freedom and justice. I feel that violence will only create more social problems than they will solve. That in a real sense it is impracticable for the Negro to even think of mounting a violent revolution in the United States. So I will continue to condemn riots, and continue to say to my brothers and sisters that this is not the way. And continue to affirm that there is another way.

But at the same time, it is as necessary for me to be as vigorous in condemning the conditions which cause persons to feel that they must engage in riotous activities as it is for me to condemn riots. I think America must see that riots do not develop out of thin air. Certain conditions continue to exist in our society which must be condemned as vigorously as we condemn riots. But in the final analysis, a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it that America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the Negro poor has worsened over the last few years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice, equality, and humanity. And so in a real sense our nation's summers of riots are caused by our nation's winters of delay. And as long as America postpones justice, we stand in the position of having these recurrences of violence and riots over and over again. Social justice and progress are the absolute guarantors of riot prevention.

The people who don't like the rioters will often only quote the first paragraph, FWIW.

Ignoring the peaceful protests creates the violent protests, which in turn makes the peaceful protests look much more reasonable by comparison. It's a cycle that has repeated over the course of human history. Hopefully, we break that cycle the next time peaceful protests occur in the future and just listen, rather than condemn.
(06-06-2020, 05:35 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Okay.  Explain the difference.
Personal tryout for a free agent is usually for an individual team during the season. These happen all the time. 
Combine is for college players to showcase there talents in front of the whole league.
Pro Days- are individual combines run by players college teams.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
(06-04-2020, 09:29 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I must say, it is borderline sickening/harassment on Twitter right now, of people literally tagging celebrities and sports teams, etc., and tweeting to them, "why haven't you said anything yet? Aren't you gonna give your 2 cents? etc.."

Jesus Christ; if people want to comment, they'll comment. If people want to make a difference, who says they have to take to Twitter before doing so?

My youngest daughter is 14. She told me some of her friends haven’t weighed in with an opinion on the events of the past week.

I asked, “Do they need to express an opinion on everything? They’re only 14.”

She replied, “ Some of them are 15, Dad. I’m young for my grade.”

Oooooh, okay. I don’t participate in Twitter, FB, IG, etc, but from an outsider looking in it seems like it is almost a requirement to post an opinion on something all the time. Hell, “influencers” (hate that word) make a living based upon their opinions. I mean it’s called social media for a reason.
(06-06-2020, 05:43 PM)J24 Wrote: Personal tryout for a free agent is usually for an individual team during the season. These happen all the time. 
Combine is for college players to showcase there talents in front of the whole league.
Pro Days- are individual combines run by players college teams.

I meant explain the difference between what a player does during a try out, a pro day, and the combine. Explain the difference between what the decision makers do during a try out, a pro day, and the combine.

Here, let me try. Players perform on the field drills. The decision makers evaluate those drills and decide if they want the player on their team. No difference.

So what’s the difference between letting cameras film on field drills and letting cameras film on field drills? Because I don’t understand the difference and was hoping you could explain.
(06-04-2020, 10:13 AM)Synric Wrote: Actually like the rest of most Americans veterans were split on the subject of kneeling. 

Fact is the protest of kneeling offended millions and it became bigger than the message about police brutality. If Kaepernick was smart he would have apologized stopped kneeling and used the publicity he gained from kneeling to talk about his cause.

Sad thing is the kneeling worked it grabbed the attention of the entire United States but Kaepernick didnt capitalize. He could have done something special but instead he screwed it up allowing the kneeling to become a bigger story than the cause he was fighting for...

I recall the attention dying down once the NFL decided to ignore the situation until someone starting suggesting firing that “son of a *****.”
(06-06-2020, 03:33 PM)samhain Wrote: That's what you said last time IIRC.  

Yes and I sat out the remainder of the season 2 years ago after the kneeling business as I said I would. Now I will probably have to do it again if a Bengal kneels. Last time I sat out because of the kneeling NFL wide even though the Bengals didn’t kneel. Like last time I will check back in next year to see where things stand.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-05-2020, 08:23 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: That really happens or are you just fueling conversation?

Oh, no that really happened. All this NFL “we support the troops” BS are just empty words. Imma helluva lot more insulted the NFL charged the military money for military appreciation nights than I am by Kaepernick kneeling.
(06-05-2020, 09:53 PM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2 Very true. This has a lot to do with leftist leaning liberal professors cramming their liberal ideals down our young peoples throats.

Just sayin'... Whatever

If I had a nickel for every liberal indoctrination. Because explaining human physiology, biochemistry, or calc based physics doesn’t require much lecture time.
(06-06-2020, 04:40 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Two officers helped Chauvin asphyxiate Floyd while another stood by and did nothing. What about enabling murder at the hands of those sworn to protect us?

You can take this for what it's worth, but it's since come out that the two officers nearest Chauvin were actually rookies with just days on the job.  And Chauvin was their training supervisor.  I believe it was one's 3rd day on the job, and the other's like 4th or 5th.  Apparently they both asked to turn him over and both questioned if he needed medical attention.  The one officer named Lane (?) apparently actually voiced concern two seperate times.  Supposedly this was all presented the other day, and there's audio evidence to back it up.  The third officer, the one nearest to camera, was a veteran and also a superior.

Let be clear, I'm not pointing this out to diminish the what happened that day, or to absolve anyone.  But I do think if the above is true it does need to be said.  It can help to understand the actions, and the resulting consequences, for each individual involved.

IMHO, I really don't think it's fair at all to say "they helped asphyiate Flord".  Everything surrounding this situation is awful, and I understand wanting justice.  But I think it's important to really consider all of the facts before rushing to basically call these two murderers.
(06-06-2020, 06:33 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Oh, no that really happened. All this NFL “we support the troops” BS are just empty words. Imma helluva lot more insulted the NFL charged the military money for military appreciation nights than I am by Kaepernick kneeling.

I agree. Sucks to know that now.

(06-06-2020, 05:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree that that is Police officer's legal and moral obligation, I just don't know that the cops at the top thought that in Minny
to let all that crap go on. That Chauvin prick shouldn't of even been on the force before that for his prior BS.

In my uneducated opinion, I think police complaints are probably a lot like bad Yelp reviews. Some of them are spot on and some of them are complete BS. I think Chauvin was disciplined twice for complaints. Not sure how egregious the infractions were. So I don’t have enough information to judge if he should have already been kicked off the force.
Quote:My logic is do not support Antifa and if I lose my life fighting evil so be it. ****'em. They like to beat on old ladies and shit.

Scum of the Earth is Antifa.

Have you heard one protester support Antifa? Or violence?

The Buffalo police gave a 70-something protester a skull fracture for no good reason then lied about and claimed he tripped and fell. If it wasn’t for the video we wouldn’t know the pushed him causing the head injury.
(06-06-2020, 06:49 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If I had a nickel for every liberal indoctrination. Because explaining human physiology, biochemistry, or calc based physics doesn’t require much lecture time.
Yeah, you're right...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

(06-06-2020, 06:15 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I meant explain the difference between what a player does during a try out, a pro day, and the combine. Explain the difference between what the decision makers do during a try out, a pro day, and the combine.

Here, let me try. Players perform on the field drills. The decision makers evaluate those drills and decide if they want the player on their team. No difference.

So what’s the difference between letting cameras film on field drills and letting cameras film on field drills?  Because I don’t understand the difference and was hoping you could explain.

Well I imagine during a tryout they give you specific plays to run and different team terminology to learn vs a combine or pro day in which it's just random drills. 
I'm not sure why you are so hung up on this because he was allowed to have his camera crew with him. 
That's my final retort we both have our minds made up on this issue and I don't feel like having further back & forth with you. Have a blessed day Sir.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
(06-06-2020, 09:34 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: In my uneducated opinion, I think police complaints are probably a lot like bad Yelp reviews. Some of them are spot on and some of them are complete BS. I think Chauvin was disciplined twice for complaints. Not sure how egregious the infractions were. So I don’t have enough information to judge if he should have already been kicked off the force.

Have you heard one protester support Antifa? Or violence?

The Buffalo police gave a 70-something protester a skull fracture for no good reason then lied about and claimed he tripped and fell. If it wasn’t for the video we wouldn’t know the pushed him causing the head injury.

It's fun to watch the right buy the ANTIFA narrative, hook, line, and sinker.  Meanwhile, actual federal law enforcement, aka the FBI continues to reiterate that there's little if any evidence to indicate major involvement by the POTUS's new boogeymen.  

It's a made up designation to throw red meat to the base, nothing more. More proof that people will believe drivel if they want it to be true.
(06-06-2020, 06:31 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Yes and I sat out the remainder of the season 2 years ago after the kneeling business as I said I would. Now I will probably have to do it again if a Bengal kneels. Last time I sat out because of the kneeling NFL wide even though the Bengals didn’t kneel. Like last time I will check back in next year to see where things stand.

Maybe just give up on the league.  They've offended you deeply twice now, and the powers that be in the league office are now behind it.  
(06-07-2020, 12:10 AM)J24 Wrote: Well I imagine during a tryout they give you specific plays to run and different team terminology to learn vs a combine or pro day in which it's just random drills. 
I'm not sure why you are so hung up on this because he was allowed to have his camera crew with him. 
That's my final retort we both have our minds made up on this issue and I don't feel like having further back & forth with you. Have a blessed day Sir.

You imagine? So you don’t know for sure. Would that be because there aren’t any cameras in there for you to see for yourself? How many team specific plays with team terminology do you imagine Kaepernick would run during a workout for all 32 teams?

Allowed to have a camera crew? That’s completely false. He had to make arrangements to conduct a workout at another location because the NFL refused to allow a camera crew.
(06-06-2020, 05:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You still proud? 

Nervous
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
(06-06-2020, 06:31 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Yes and I sat out the remainder of the season 2 years ago after the kneeling business as I said I would. Now I will probably have to do it again if a Bengal kneels. Last time I sat out because of the kneeling NFL wide even though the Bengals didn’t kneel. Like last time I will check back in next year to see where things stand.

Let me ask you a question. What bothers you more; kneeling during the national anthem or a man punching a woman causing multiple facial fractures requiring surgery?
I’m with bfine, this has turned into a non-Junglenoise thread. It started with Joe but it’s so far off track...
(06-06-2020, 07:06 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You can take this for what it's worth, but it's since come out that the two officers nearest Chauvin were actually rookies with just days on the job.  And Chauvin was their training supervisor.  I believe it was one's 3rd day on the job, and the other's like 4th or 5th.  Apparently they both asked to turn him over and both questioned if he needed medical attention.  The one officer named Lane (?) apparently actually voiced concern two seperate times.  Supposedly this was all presented the other day, and there's audio evidence to back it up.  The third officer, the one nearest to camera, was a veteran and also a superior.

Let be clear, I'm not pointing this out to diminish the what happened that day, or to absolve anyone.  But I do think if the above is true it does need to be said.  It can help to understand the actions, and the resulting consequences, for each individual involved.

IMHO, I really don't think it's fair at all to say "they helped asphyiate Flord".  Everything surrounding this situation is awful, and I understand wanting justice.  But I think it's important to really consider all of the facts before rushing to basically call these two murderers.

Chauvin pulled Floyd out of the police vehicle. Pulled him out. So he could position face down with his knee on his neck pinning him to the street while already handcuffed. Two officers helped hold him down after he had been pulled out. I wrote helped because that’s what they did and why they are charged with aiding and abetting. While Chauvin had Floyd pinned to the ground by his neck they commanded Floyd to get into the police vehicle Chauvin dragged him out of earlier. 1) The police are the ones that dragged him out of the police vehicle. 2) You can’t get up and get in a police vehicle when the police are pinning you to the ground.

Since they are charged with aiding and abetting I think it is fair to say they helped.

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/100000007159353/george-floyd-arrest-death-video.html