Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.29 Average
Joe speaks out
(06-07-2020, 01:04 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I’m with bfine, this has turned into a non-Junglenoise thread. It started with Joe but it’s so far off track...

It started with . . .

We’re still discussing what Joe was discussing, right?
(06-07-2020, 12:41 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You imagine? So you don’t know for sure. Would that be because there aren’t any cameras in there for you to see for yourself?  How many team specific plays with team terminology do you imagine Kaepernick would run during a workout for all 32 teams?

Allowed to have a camera crew? That’s completely false. He had to make arrangements to conduct a workout at another location because the NFL refused to allow a camera crew.
Let's try this again
1.) The issue was on the actual waiver.
2.) The NFL was filming it and Kaepernick was given permission to look over the footage and editing for it.  I was incorrect on him bringing his own the crew.
3.) He was given a chance to perform for all 32 teams and he declined. End of the day that's more than most players ever get.  All the issues he had seemed like minor issues that could have been worked out but he didn't want to for whatever reason.
4.)  Obviously I'm not in the day to day of the NFL so I can't tell you for sure. I imagine if you trying out a player you would want to see if they can run your stuff especially at QB. 
Again good day sir
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
(06-07-2020, 01:46 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It started with . . .

We’re still discussing what Joe was discussing, right?

You are, but you aren’t discussing how it relates to the Bengals, which is the intention of JungleNoise...

We literally have a place for your opinions on ANTIFA, the POTUS, George Floyd, police brutality, etc. etc.
(06-07-2020, 01:50 AM)J24 Wrote: Let's try this again
1.) The issue was on the actual waiver.
2.) The NFL was filming it and Kaepernick was given permission to look over the footage and editing for it.  I was incorrect on him bringing his own the crew.
3.) He was given a chance to perform for all 32 teams and he declined. End of the day that's more than most players ever get.  All the issues he had seemed like minor issues that could have been worked out but he didn't want to for whatever reason.
4.)  Obviously I'm not in the day to day of the NFL so I can't tell you for sure. I imagine if you trying out a player you would want to see if they can run your stuff especially at QB. 
Again good day sir

The issues (plural) included the lack of transparency, the waiver, the date, etc. This wasn’t a private team workout conducted at the team’s facility. This was a workout for all 32 teams. So were teams going to see him run plays for all 32 teams using terminology from all 32 teams? No. Which means teams weren’t going to see him “run their stuff.” Plus it was scheduled for a Saturday in November when coaches and GMs wouldn’t be there. So the only thing the NFL would film would basically be a highlight reel which is already available for all the teams to look at. But, the big issue was the lack of transparency. Would you trust an organization that just settled out of court with you? Of course not. You’re gonna want witnesses to document what happens. We’re talking about the organization that won’t release any of the football PSI data they collected because it doesn’t support their Deflategate conclusions.
(06-07-2020, 02:00 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: You are, but you aren’t discussing how it relates to the Bengals, which is the intention of JungleNoise...

We literally have a place for your opinions on ANTIFA, the POTUS, George Floyd, police brutality, etc. etc.

I think how it relates to the Bengals was established in the original post.
(06-07-2020, 03:11 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I think how it relates to the Bengals was established in the original post.

So if I find a tweet about religion by Andy Dalton and slap it down in JN, That opens the door for a religious discussion?

I can post a tweet by Carl Lawson about anime, and that means we should have a lengthy discussion on our favorite dragon ball Z episodes here?...

I don’t think that a topic being spoken by a Bengals related person makes the entire discussion valid in JN...

Come on man...
Opinions:

CK protests were about a real issue that needed addressing
CK is and was a *****
CK didn't get a ob then because of the protests
CK doesn't have a job now because he has been out of football too long.
Kneeling was never as disrespect to troops and trying to equate that is a cop out for your other feelings.
(06-07-2020, 01:04 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I’m with bfine, this has turned into a non-Junglenoise thread. It started with Joe but it’s so far off track...

Half of the threads on here veer off from the original thread title. This one has become more about politics though and anytime it becomes political on here, only leftist views seem to be tolerated.
(06-07-2020, 04:37 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Half of the threads on here veer off from the original thread title. This one has become more about politics though and anytime it becomes political on here, only leftist views seem to be tolerated.

I could care less left or right, I just want a place away from all the noise where I can discuss Bengal stuff.

Sure, I could have better self control and NOT click this thread, but I think the mods made specific forums with a specific purpose in mind... not sure why this is the one time that doesn’t apply.

We had a detailed corona related thread that was moved to PnR, why not this one too??
(06-07-2020, 05:00 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I could care less left or right, I just want a place away from all the noise where I can discuss Bengal stuff.

Sure, I could have better self control and NOT click this thread, but I think the mods made specific forums with a specific purpose in mind... not sure why this is the one time that doesn’t apply.

We had a detailed corona related thread that was moved to PnR, why not this one too??

I agree that it belongs in a political area. A thread about what a player says about a political issue is obviously going to turn to political talk. The first responses are I’m glad that he said it because it agrees with my personal political view and then where else can the thread go from there? Either everyone agrees and pats each other on the back or they disagree and get called a racist. Point is, it’s a political thread!
(06-07-2020, 05:19 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I agree that it belongs in a political area. A thread about what a player says about a political issue is obviously going to turn to political talk. The first responses are I’m glad that he said it because it agrees with my personal political view and then where else can the thread go from there? Either everyone agrees and pats each other on the back or they disagree and get called a racist. Point is, it’s a political thread!

I’d be cool if we talked about the Bengals donating $250,000 to charities and their general response to the situation. I’m not sure if that was discussed, but at least that has a Bengal focus!
(06-07-2020, 04:37 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Half of the threads on here veer off from the original thread title. This one has become more about politics though and anytime it becomes political on here, only leftist views seem to be tolerated.

I thought liberals were the ones who were always looking to cry victim.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-07-2020, 05:22 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I’d be cool if we talked about the Bengals donating $250,000 to charities and their general response to the situation. I’m not sure if that was discussed, but at least that has a Bengal focus!

I’m not sure if it has been mentioned but at least that’s a peaceful conversation. Props to the Bengals and hopefully the money gets put to a productive use that helps people.
(06-07-2020, 05:29 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I’m not sure if it has been mentioned but at least that’s a peaceful conversation. Props to the Bengals and hopefully the money gets put to a productive use that helps people.

Ya from what I read they gave the money to the players to decide which charity to support. I thought this was very honorable.
(06-07-2020, 05:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I thought liberals were the ones who were always looking to cry victim.

I’m not playing a victim. I’ve never seen anyone from the right calling others a racist because they disagree with their views though. I’m more of an independent and am center right overall.... since this has turned to a political thread.
(06-07-2020, 05:31 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Ya from what I read they gave the money to the players to decide which charity to support. I thought this was very honorable.

There’s plenty of folks out there that need help so it definitely sounds like a good idea.
(06-07-2020, 05:34 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I’m not playing a victim. I’ve never seen anyone from the right calling others a racist because they disagree with their views though. I’m more of an independent and am center right overall.... since this has turned to a political thread.

People say the right wing is racist the way they say the left wing is anti-whites, males, straight people, the wealthy and so on.  Liberals are quite often labeled as people who are angry with, or out to get specific demographics of people.

I'm just saying there certainly are a number of generic insults someone on the right can hurl at a liberal they don't want to argue with.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-29-2020, 04:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I almost wish famous people would remain silent instead of making meaningless "thoughts and prayers" type posts like this.

It is like they want to get credit for being on the right side without actually having to do anything.

I guess they feel like they are doing something just because they have lots of fans, and it is good to know he cares, but people with millions of dollars should do more than just make posts like this.  Hopefully he will in the future.  All of this is new to him.  I am not even sure if he has signed his contract and gotten paid yet.

So you're not sure if he signed his contract yet, but you're mad at him because he has millions of dollars and doesn't do more than this?

Where'd he get millions of dollars?

Hmm

He's a young man that's only 23, fresh out of college, and is trying to get his life in order in a new city and start his professional career, and you're upset because he's not doing more?

He's using his voice to at least let people know that he's thinking about them and that they should be, too, but that's not good enough?
(06-07-2020, 05:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: People say the right wing is racist the way they say the left wing is anti-whites, males, straight people, the wealthy and so on.  Liberals are quite often labeled as people who are angry with, or out to get specific demographics of people.

I'm just saying there certainly are a number of generic insults someone on the right can hurl at a liberal they don't want to argue with.

I see your point. The bad thing is that debate usually quickly turn to arguments and no progress ever gets made in this world. The crazy thing is that both sides usually has some valid points that get lost in the arguments and the whole thing stays a circle.
(06-07-2020, 05:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: People say the right wing is racist the way they say the left wing is anti-whites, males, straight people, the wealthy and so on.  Liberals are quite often labeled as people who are angry with, or out to get specific demographics of people.

I see your point. The bad thing is that debate usually quickly turn to arguments and no progress ever gets made in this world. The crazy thing is that both sides usually has some valid points that get lost in the arguments and the whole thing stays a circle.