Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.29 Average
Joe speaks out
(06-03-2020, 01:36 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: That would be a question for the leadership there, all of whom are Democrats, including their attorney general.

Who is usually responsible for arresting someone when the break the law? Police officers or politicians? Usually the former, correct?
(06-01-2020, 08:51 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: 100% agree

There's a time and a place to protest and during the national anthem is not the time.

Does the NFL close concession sales during the national anthem?
(06-03-2020, 06:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Americans - "I want my politics and entertainment kept separate, dag nabbit!"
Also Americans - "Hey, let's make this celebrity with no political experience the president!"

You can't have your cake and it eat to, ya gluttons!  Also, for all we know Colin Kaepernick could be the president in 2028 or something.  The horse is out of the barn! As the late great Gorilla Monsoon would say "It's pandemonium!"

If people want their football without politics, then why don’t they object to playing the national anthem? I guess geopolitics are okay.
(06-06-2020, 04:32 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If people want their football without politics, then why don’t they object to playing the national anthem? I guess geopolitics are okay.

Because the National Anthem is not meant to be political. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-03-2020, 09:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Damn rights Bonnie, feel the exact same.

Those Antifa shits don't give a damn about George Floyd, they are even paid to do what they do and stoke the fires.

The ones that are supposedly peacefully protesting are not though cause they let them do what they do and go right along 
enabling them. You don't use a man's murder for reasons to murder, loot and destroy.

Two officers helped Chauvin asphyxiate Floyd while another stood by and did nothing. What about enabling murder at the hands of those sworn to protect us?

Quote:Spot on brother.

We all hated seeing what happened to George Floyd, what exactly do they think they are accomplishing besides getting free TV's?

All I know is I am disgusted in what I see. Just makes me have less faith in humanity.

Do you believe the Sons of Liberty wanted free tea? Or systemic change?
(06-06-2020, 04:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Because the National Anthem is not meant to be political. 

LMAO

National symbols like flags or anthems promote nationalism. Nationalism involves geopolitics or politics on an international level. Anyone who has seen Rocky IV should understand. The national anthem isn’t Republican vs. Democrat, but rather us vs. them. It’s definitely political. Just look at the reactions to disrespecting the anthem.
Two interesting things IMO about Joe speaking out.

1) He was one of the first NFL QBs to do it (before it was cool to do so) and didn’t hesitate to voice his opinion.

2) His comments were off the cuff genuine, compared to these written out PR type messages from some of these other guys like Wentz and Carr.

Point I’m trying to make is Joe did this cuz it’s how Joe feels instead of trying to jump on the publicity virtue train like a lot of other people... regardless if you agree with him or not, at least he is speaking his heart the moment the feelings arise instead of making some calculated message to boost their status.... just my opinion tho.
(06-06-2020, 04:40 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Two officers helped Chauvin asphyxiate Floyd while another stood by and did nothing. What about enabling murder at the hands of those sworn to protect us?

Do you believe the Sons of Liberty wanted free tea? Or systemic change?

Those officers were enablers of murder just the same as the so called peaceful protesters who stand by and enable the violence to
happen and march with the Antifa shits. And...

They wanted Liberty.
(06-06-2020, 04:54 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Two interesting things IMO about Joe speaking out.

1) He was one of the first NFL QBs to do it (before it was cool to do so) and  didn’t hesitate to voice his opinion.

2) His comments were off the cuff genuine, compared to these written out PR type messages from some of these other guys like Wentz and Carr.

Point I’m trying to make is Joe did this cuz it’s how Joe feels instead of trying to jump on the publicity virtue train like a lot of other people... regardless if you agree with him or not, at least he is speaking his heart the moment the feelings arise instead of making some calculated message to boost their status.... just my opinion tho.

Agree.
(06-03-2020, 09:43 PM)JSR18 Wrote: I have a question to anybody who thinks Kaepernik's "stance" isn't related to the flag and our national anthem.

If all that he's protesting is police brutality against unarmed black men why not do his protesting on Tuesday afternoon or whatever his day off is on his own time??

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

For the same reason our President had his picture taken with a Bible outside a church on Monday to protest the rioting and looting instead of inside the White House where no one was watching.

Duh.
(06-06-2020, 04:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Those officers were enablers of murder just the same as the so called peaceful protesters who stand by and enable the violence to
happen and march with the Antifa shits. And...

They wanted Liberty.

Who is in a better position to apprehend a criminal; police officers who have the legal authority, training, government armaments, and sworn to protect us or some unarmed protestor without any law enforcement training?
(06-06-2020, 03:46 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: They have media at the combine and pro days. And those are try outs.

No those are not tryouts.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
(06-06-2020, 05:07 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Who is in a better position to apprehend a criminal; police officers who have  the legal authority, training, government  armaments, and sworn to protect us or some unarmed protestor without any law enforcement training?

The difference is the officers could lose their job if they didn't enable. I don't like it but whoever is in charge there should be 
shutting that shit down. You are free to protest all you want, I just know if I saw the people around me doing what they are 
doing I would have nothing to do with it cause it is wrong. You aren't losing anything by turning your back on Antifa shits.

You are gaining your morality.

If I was a cop that saw that I would of told the top about it, not enabled that shit to go on. But I would probably lose my job.
(06-03-2020, 11:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It came from A military veteran that spent a total of 6 years in the military. 

Let's not pretend the military as a whole supports not standing during honors to the colors. 

You’re correct; one person doesn’t speak for the entire military. Except the Commander in Chief. Or the Secretary of Defense. But, other than that, you’re correct. But, denigrating his opinion based upon his time in service is something I thought you wouldn’t stoop to. You finally proved me wrong.
(06-06-2020, 03:55 AM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: Gotta say that I'm pretty proud of this group of fans we have on the message board for not turning this into an uncivil screaming/pissing match. Nearly every thread anywhere else (Twitter, FB, etc) is an absolute mess when discussing the recent BLM & Police Brutality stuff. So I guess what I'm trying to say is good job everybody!

You still proud? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-06-2020, 05:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You still proud? 

It is just bound to get a bit nuts talking about this stuff.
(06-06-2020, 05:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The difference is the officers could lose their job if they didn't enable. I don't like it but whoever is in charge there should be 
shutting that shit down. You are free to protest all you want, I just know if I saw the people around me doing what they are 
doing I would have nothing to do with it cause it is wrong. You aren't losing anything by turning your back on Antifa shits.

You are gaining your morality.

If I was a cop that saw that I would of told the top about it, not enabled that shit to go on. But I would probably lose my job.

Police officers have a legal and moral obligation not to stand by and do nothing. That’s why they have been arrested and lost their freedom.

A protestor could lose their life confronting someone from Antifa if they are indeed responsible for the violence as you claim. By your logic, both you and I are enabling the rioting and looting because we have seen it and aren’t doing anything to stop it.
(06-06-2020, 05:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You still proud? 

Is this an uncivil screaming/pissing match? Or people expressing different opinions?
(06-06-2020, 05:30 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Police officers have a legal and moral obligation not to stand by and do nothing. That’s why they have been arrested and lost their freedom.

A protestor could lose their life confronting someone from Antifa if they are indeed responsible for the violence as you claim. By your logic, both you and I are enabling the rioting and looting because we have seen it and aren’t doing anything to stop it.

I agree that that is Police officer's legal and moral obligation, I just don't know that the cops at the top thought that in Minny
to let all that crap go on. That Chauvin prick shouldn't of even been on the force before that for his prior BS.

My logic is do not support Antifa and if I lose my life fighting evil so be it. ****'em. They like to beat on old ladies and shit.

Scum of the Earth is Antifa.
(06-06-2020, 05:08 PM)J24 Wrote: No those are not tryouts.

Okay. Explain the difference.