Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Joey B is back!
Great to see!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Happy to see Joe back. Now get an offensive line to protect him this year.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 12:58 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Happy to see Joe back. Now get an offensive line to protect him this year.

Facepalm

Orlando Brown
Cordell Volson
Ted Karras
Alex Cappa
Trent Brown/Amarius Mims

This is by far the best OL Burrow has ever had.

Reply/Quote
Sometimes rehab from recovery can improve things from prior to the injury.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2024, 06:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/news/joe-burrow-whatever-he-did-in-the-offseason-worked

Watching him move around so fluidly shows that the calf if fully healed as well.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
lets keep him healthy this year.

Maybe an actual Preseason?
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 09:20 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: lets keep him healthy this year.

Maybe an actual Preseason?

That would sure be nice.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 12:58 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Happy to see Joe back. Now get an offensive line to protect him this year.

Did you pay attention at all the past few months?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Congrats to the medical team too. Can't imagine the pressure they were under. In some ways this was trickier than the knee or calf since his most unique skills (touch, precision, even timing) depend on the wrist. There's no way to know how close he really is to 100% but I do know this is a great start.
Reply/Quote
Back at it today.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 11:58 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Did you pay attention at all the past few months?

It's just an instinctive thing to blurt out at this point.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
This is a good opportunity to build some chemistry with Geseki. As expected no Tee Higgins at practice and in a bit of a surprise no JaMarr Chase either. Jermaine Burton won't be here until the weekend when rookie camp starts.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Burrow looks phenomenal. He looks bigger physically and he's spinning it well.

Officially excited as HELL for this season. This offense has a chance to be incredible with the Geiski and Burton additions.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
From the presser today:

Joe feels "great".

Fully cleared for everything other than contact.

Biggest challenge - the uncertainty.

How much muscle has he put on? "I'm bigger, definitely bigger. I feel good where my body is at right now, going to continue to get bigger and stronger this off-season".

Said he's been throwing for about a month already. Said it was a difficult injury, physically not the worst. Said not many adjustments to his off-season program.

He said he does still have good days and bad days with the wrist, he has pain still on certain days.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Joe says he is clear for everything but contact. That should come in a month or so but no hurry, they aren't hitting anyway

He says he is bigger than he was but not sure where he will play at yet

Off season conditioning has mostly been intact but has done some different stuff

working on chemistry with TEs

the last several months have been among the most challenging in his life (note: on top of injury rumor has it he broke up with long time girlfriend)

asking for 18 regular season games is a lot...a 2nd Bye week is a must

the wrist is going to hurt but how much is a secret...he expects full recovery to take a year \. He couldn't find another QB with the same injury to compare notes with...only OL and DL guys

supports Tee and Trey in their contract business and expects them to be there in 2024 but they have to look out for themselves and family

Really wants to be there for training camp but will be cautious and take a break if he needs one. He needs to learn to listen to his body and not to over extend himself and hurt the team

they just weren't good enough in all aspects last season everyone, including him, must improve

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Thanks guys. Really excited after seeing Joe working with the TE's and WR's. He does look much bigger and stronger this Offseason.

Sucks he broke up with his GF I guess they were together for awhile, that can mess with you a bit.

But as always looks really focused. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 01:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Facepalm

Orlando Brown
Cordell Volson
Ted Karras
Alex Cappa
Trent Brown/Amarius Mims

This is by far the best OL Burrow has ever had.

It’s like an automatic bot response
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 01:15 PM)pally Wrote: This is a good opportunity to build some chemistry with Geseki. As expected no Tee Higgins at practice and in a bit of a surprise no JaMarr Chase either. Jermaine Burton won't be here until the weekend when rookie camp starts.

To be fair to Chase though, he is doing extensive workouts on his own in Texas, for those not in the know.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote