Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joey B will play on Sunday
I just want to see him comfortable and with confidence. I hope no one gets near his legs, but I'm hoping that, unlike Palmer when he first came back, Burrow's not cautious when anyone gets remotely close to his leg and he follows through on his throws.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2021, 06:38 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Didn’t want to make a whole new thread, but saw the Eagles got Minshew for a conditional 6th…. Should we have been in that market? For that price, I woulda loved him as our backup over Allen and co.

I always thought Alex Smith would have been great to be here. Now that he is out, I'd like a veteran to be there in the QB room. 
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2021, 09:58 PM)Destro Wrote: I always thought Alex Smith would have been great to be here. Now that he is out, I'd like a veteran to be there in the QB room. 

How about Foles from Chicago?
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2021, 10:59 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: How about Foles from Chicago?

they won't turn him loose, but I'd take him. 
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2021, 11:09 PM)Destro Wrote: they won't turn him loose, but I'd take him. 

I'd imagine they are still holding out hope for a trade.  I can't imagine them keeping Dalton and Foles to go along with Fields.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2021, 11:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'd imagine they are still holding out hope for a trade.  I can't imagine them keeping Dalton and Foles to go along with Fields.  

Ya I don’t think there would be any good reason for Chicago to keep all 3. However, idk what his compensation looks like, he’s probably too spendy for my liking.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 12:14 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Ya I don’t think there would be any good reason for Chicago to keep all 3. However, idk what his compensation looks like, he’s probably too spendy for my liking.

Yeah, I don't think an expensive non-system guy who has never been good outside of Philly would be much of an upgrade over Allen.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 12:40 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, I don't think an expensive non-system guy who has never been good outside of Philly would be much of an upgrade over Allen.  

Well, one guy is known for winning a Super Bowl against the GOAT… the other is known for beating a 4-12 Texan team….

I still think Minshew at the price the Eagles paid for him would’ve been smart.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 09:28 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Well, one guy is known for winning a Super Bowl against the GOAT… the other is known for beating a 4-12 Texan team….

I still think Minshew at the price the Eagles paid for him would’ve been smart.

Minshew still wants to be a starter, not a back up. Plus he's only been in the league for 1 year longer than Burrow so it's not like he's going to be teaching him much. Burrow needs a veteran QB to help him learn and who knows their role. 
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 01:51 PM)TheFan Wrote: Minshew still wants to be a starter, not a back up. Plus he's only been in the league for 1 year longer than Burrow so it's not like he's going to be teaching him much. Burrow needs a veteran QB to help him learn and who knows their role. 

Ya… but we also just need a viable backup. If Burrow goes down, would you rather have Allen or Minshew? And who cares if the guy wants to be the starter, he isn’t now some starter in Philli… could argue he has a better chance starting here than he does there depending on how you view Burrows potential injury woes.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 03:39 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Ya… but we also just need a viable backup. If Burrow goes down, would you rather have Allen or Minshew? And who cares if the guy wants to be the starter, he isn’t now some starter in Philli… could argue he has a better chance starting here than he does there depending on how you view Burrows potential injury woes.

I'd rather have Dalton or Foles who are both much better than either. As well as fit the other need I mentioned. 
Reply/Quote