Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
JoeyBs contract comes first
(06-05-2023, 08:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: All great points, but my point was one of the advantages of a % of the Cap deal is it makes it much harder for the player to demand a raise.

Say we give JB $1 Gazillion this year and in 2 years the Jags give Sunshine $1.2 Gazillion. JB's management can come back and say "JB's better than Sunshine; he deserves $1.4 Gazillion." That has 0 negative connotations. But come back and say "JB's more important to the team than the other players, he deserves more of their money". Then...

Another possibility is that when one player gets a % others likely will as well.  If we were to give Joe 18%, whose to say Chase wont want 15%?  Every single year we would have 2 players taking up a third of the cap, the team never catches a break.  

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2023, 07:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Will people never stop with this example? Tom Brady was married to a woman worth half a billion dollars. He was an extreme outlier of a situation.

Burrow is not going to take a deal way under market value like Brady did all those years.

im not suggesti
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
im not suggesting Joey B is going to take less.......just think he can do it in a way to help the Bengals, himself and his teammates.
Reply/Quote
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
That is some crazy deep threat stats from Ja'Marr...
Reply/Quote
Burrow needs to start working his way up this list:

Titles by HOF QB (or HOF shoe-in not elected yet). I did not count NFL/AFL titles if the player lost the SB that year).

7: Otto Graham (4 AAFL, 3 NFL), Tom Brady (7 SB)
5: Bart Starr (3 NFL, 2 SB)
4: Joe Montana (4 SB), Terry Bradshaw (4 SB), Sid Luckman (4 NFL, QB/HB)

3: Johnny Unitas (2 NFL, 1 SB), Troy Aikman (3 SB), Steve Young (3 SB, 1 as starter), Bobby Layne (3 NFL), Len Dawson (1 SB, 2 AFL).

2: John Elway (2 SB), Peyton Manning (2 SB), Patrick Mahommes (2 SB), Sammy Baugh (2 NFL), Roger Staubach (2 SB), Kurt Warner (2 SB), Norm Van Brocklin (2 NFL), Bob Griese (2 SB), Ben Roethlisberger (2 SB), George Blanda (2 AFL), Bob Waterfield (2 NFL, split time with Van Brocklin in 1),

1: Brett Favre (SB), Aaron Rodgers (SB), Drew Brees (SB), Ken Stabler (SB), Joe Namath (SB), Sonny Jurgensen (1 NFL).

0: Dan Marino, Fran Tarkenton, Y.A. Tittle, Warren Moon (5 CFL), Dan Fouts, Jim Kelly.

That is the 29 who are in + Brady, Big Ben, Brees, Mahomes, & Rodgers.
Reply/Quote
FWIW:

HOF by position:

QB: 29
RB: 53 (RB 22, HB 12, TB 8, FB 10, WB 1)
WR: 37 (WR 22, FL 3, SE 1, E 11)
TE: 9
T: 33
G: 22
C: 13
DE: 23
DT: 19 (DE 18, DG 1)
LB: 32
DB (no safety/CB distinction): 41
PK: 2
P: 1
Reply/Quote
Joe said that he said everything he was going to on the contract situation at the beginning of OTA's. He won't talk about it anymore

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-11-2023, 06:47 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: FWIW:

HOF by position:

QB: 29
RB: 53 (RB 22, HB 12, TB 8, FB 10, WB 1)
WR: 37 (WR 22, FL 3, SE 1, E 11)
TE: 9
T: 33
G: 22
C: 13
DE: 23
DT: 19 (DE 18, DG 1)
LB: 32
DB (no safety/CB distinction): 41
PK: 2
P: 1
;

RB, HB and TB are all the same position Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Love Kelce's attitude where he places wins above getting all the money he can to play:

"Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce admits he thinks about how much more money he could be making if he 'pressed the gas' on his contract, but ultimately, winning is more important to him.

In a wide-ranging profile by Vanity Fair, Kelce said, 'My managers and agents love to tell me how underpaid I am.'

'I'm like, the free market looks like fun until you go somewhere, and you don't win. I love winning. I love the situation I'm in.'

"Kelce also could just be following the example set by star quarterback Patrick Mahomes, who will make a base salary of $5.5 million this season, according to the Roster Management System. The two-time MVP (and two-time Super Bowl MVP) has an average annual salary of $45 million, which ranks seventh among quarterbacks."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/37928062/chiefs-travis-kelce-ok-being-underpaid-love-winning

It's the old: Find a job that you love and you'll never work a day in your life.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2023, 03:29 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote:

Damn so this is why teams won’t let his ass get a 1 vs 1 all game. Lol
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2023, 03:26 PM)Nepa Wrote: Love Kelce's attitude where he places wins above getting all the money he can to play:

"Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce admits he thinks about how much more money he could be making if he 'pressed the gas' on his contract, but ultimately, winning is more important to him.

In a wide-ranging profile by Vanity Fair, Kelce said, 'My managers and agents love to tell me how underpaid I am.'

'I'm like, the free market looks like fun until you go somewhere, and you don't win. I love winning. I love the situation I'm in.'

"Kelce also could just be following the example set by star quarterback Patrick Mahomes, who will make a base salary of $5.5 million this season, according to the Roster Management System. The two-time MVP (and two-time Super Bowl MVP) has an average annual salary of $45 million, which ranks seventh among quarterbacks."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/37928062/chiefs-travis-kelce-ok-being-underpaid-love-winning

It's the old: Find a job that you love and you'll never work a day in your life.

Good for Travis. He is the cheapest #1 weapon in the league for what he brings. That is why I don't understand us not valuing TE's.

They can be of great value if you can find a diamond in the rough and this last Draft was filled with TE talent.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2023, 11:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is some crazy deep threat stats from Ja'Marr...

And hes still one of the least deep targeted WRs in the league... 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 03:17 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: And hes still one of the least deep targeted WRs in the league... 

It depends on how you classify it. The tweet mentions 30+ yards and a TD. PFF classifies 20+ as a "deep" pass. With that categorization, Chase is one of the top in the league with 60 targets since he came into the league. 
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 02:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good for Travis. He is the cheapest #1 weapon in the league for what he brings. That is why I don't understand us not valuing TE's.

They can be of great value if you can find a diamond in the rough and this last Draft was filled with TE talent.

They’d signed Irv Smith and Drew Sample. They’d loved to find a Guy somewhere in the draft. But they weren’t passing on Myles Murphy. So let’s revisit. They were dead set against Mayer because of his blocking and separation. Nobody in their right mind picks him over Murphy. DE is probably the #2 most important position on the team and several experts tag him as the number one steal in the first round. So let’s go to #2 round. La Porta they’d picked but was gone. Washington had injury concerns. He dropped like a rock. D J Turner gives the secondary potentially in another year the fastest secondary in the league. Lou loves Battle they weren’t passing on him. The draft sequencing just didn’t fit for us. When Hendrickson got hurt our pass rush suffered. Enter Murphy. When Boyd went down they double teamed our WR. Enter Jones. 2 safeties gone to FA enter Battle and Scott. Perine gone enter Chase Brown. There was a puzzle and it fit well.

Oh if Smith gets hurt then it’s a blow but is better that we have a problem there or at DE? What about if CTB or Awouzie go down? Better to be ready there than TE. I just think as others have said the TE is not a priority in an offense with Chase,Higgins, and Boyd. Burrow has never even in college been prone to go to the TE. I think they’d picked La Porta if he’d have dropped to him.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 03:28 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: It depends on how you classify it. The tweet mentions 30+ yards and a TD. PFF classifies 20+ as a "deep" pass. With that categorization, Chase is one of the top in the league with 60 targets since he came into the league. 

Yeah, they're different. The stat is literally touchdowns of 30 yards or greater (i'm not sure air yards is even a factor). Not all of PFFs 'deep passes' will go as TDs, just anything caught after the ball travels 20 yards in the air. Not sure who/if anyone has the stat of 30+ air yard targets. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 04:08 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yeah, they're different. The stat is literally touchdowns of 30 yards or greater (i'm not sure air yards is even a factor). Not all of PFFs 'deep passes' will go as TDs, just anything caught after the ball travels 20 yards in the air. Not sure who/if anyone has the stat of 30+ air yard targets. 

I can use NFLFastR to aggregate the data myself. Since he has come into the league, Chase is #2 in the NFL with 27 targets over 30 air yards. Terry McLaurin is #1. 
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2023, 06:24 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Burrow needs to start working his way up this list:

Titles by HOF QB (or HOF shoe-in not elected yet). I did not count NFL/AFL titles if the player lost the SB that year).

7: Otto Graham (4 AAFL, 3 NFL), Tom Brady (7 SB)
5: Bart Starr (3 NFL, 2 SB)
4: Joe Montana (4 SB), Terry Bradshaw (4 SB), Sid Luckman (4 NFL, QB/HB)

3: Johnny Unitas (2 NFL, 1 SB), Troy Aikman (3 SB), Steve Young (3 SB, 1 as starter), Bobby Layne (3 NFL), Len Dawson (1 SB, 2 AFL).

2: John Elway (2 SB),  Peyton Manning (2 SB), Patrick Mahommes (2 SB), Sammy Baugh (2 NFL), Roger Staubach (2 SB), Kurt Warner (2 SB),  Norm Van Brocklin (2 NFL), Bob Griese (2 SB), Ben Roethlisberger (2 SB), George Blanda (2 AFL), Bob Waterfield (2 NFL, split time with Van Brocklin in 1),

1: Brett Favre (SB), Aaron Rodgers (SB), Drew Brees (SB), Ken Stabler (SB), Joe Namath (SB), Sonny Jurgensen (1 NFL).

0: Dan Marino, Fran Tarkenton, Y.A. Tittle, Warren Moon (5 CFL), Dan Fouts, Jim Kelly.

That is the 29 who are in + Brady, Big Ben, Brees, Mahomes, & Rodgers.

ThumbsUp
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 04:12 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I can use NFLFastR to aggregate the data myself. Since he has come into the league, Chase is #2 in the NFL with 27 targets over 30 air yards. Terry McLaurin is #1. 

Wow. I would never have guessed McLaurin. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 04:12 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I can use NFLFastR to aggregate the data myself. Since he has come into the league, Chase is #2 in the NFL with 27 targets over 30 air yards. Terry McLaurin is #1. 

Can you see how many more 30+ TDs he has where the ball was completed under 30 air yards? I can think of 2 or 3 off the top of my head.

Reply/Quote