Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John '2 fast 2 film' Ross
(06-16-2018, 08:18 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I remember Voch Lombardi's breakdown of that play.  Listened to it many times and always laughed my ass off:  It said something to the effect of:

"You know, there are lots of guys in the NFL that have had off the field issues, a DUI, etc, but this....John Ross is going to get arrested for MURDER!  (replays Adoree Jackson getting spun in to the ground several times and giggles) He is going to walk in through the castle gate and they are going to say  SEIZE HIM!"

Oh, I couldn't stop laughing.  

Same here, remember laughing my ass off as well and Adoree ain't no punk.

(06-16-2018, 11:11 AM)cooper Wrote: wasted first round draft pick..looks good n practice and on tape..fast..in the real football world a very lost soul fragile in both mind and body

lol@ outrunning bombs..dude does not even know where he is supposed to be running and when pressure is applied gets even worse

You need to do some research on John Ross, i bet once he takes the NFL by storm you won't be around here calling
him fragile in both mind and body. Have seen many pics where Ross looks damn near like a RB, he is thicker and bigger
then Antonio Brown who i compare him to and is faster.

Ross also had a terrible QB in college that under threw him all the time. Dalton will get on the same page with him and
it will be something special once it happens.

Bet you said William Jackson III was a wasted first round Draft pick too after he got hurt.

Then look what he did last year and guess what?

Ross is burning him in Practice, thats right our new stud CB is having troubles covering John Ross.

Do you remember last year when WJ3 just completely shut down Antonio Brown?

Well, he is having trouble with our guy. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2018, 01:48 PM)Shady Wrote: 100%  Experience is what Ross needs more than anything else. Besides trying too hard to play through an injury that he downplayed or didn't report, I think he felt a bit intimidated by things last year. The NFL, with all its speed etc, just needs to become "normal" for him. The sad thing is, we all know how Marvin feels about that. I still remember how he yanked Ross from the Texans game after that fumble (not an egregious play on his part, good play from blind side by the defender) after a long gain. Just KILL the kid's confidence why don't you, Marvin? I'd have chewed him out, but put him right back out there to "get it right." 

As "meh" as I am on Marvin Lewis, his job is to (apparently) win football games, not build the confidence of one player.  Yes, that was a good play on the defensive side of things, but at the time we had scored a grand total of 0 points and had been turning the ball over like crazy so I can see why that was a "Just sit down" moment.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2018, 11:11 AM)cooper Wrote: wasted first round draft pick..looks good n practice and on tape..fast..in the real football world a very lost soul fragile in both mind and body

lol@ outrunning bombs..dude does not even know where he is supposed to be running and when pressure is applied gets even worse

You know his mind and soul?  Suuuure ya do.  SMH.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2018, 02:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same here, remember laughing my ass off as well and Adoree ain't no punk.

You need to do some research on John Ross, i bet once he takes the NFL by storm you won't be around here calling
him fragile in both mind and body. Have seen many pics where Ross looks damn near like a RB, he is thicker and bigger

Ross also had a terrible QB in college that under threw him all the time. Dalton will get on the same page with him and

Bet you said William Jackson III was a wasted first round Draft pick too after he got hurt.

Ross is burning him in Practice, thats right our new stud CB is having troubles covering John Ross.

Spot on mate
Reply/Quote

[Image: 81973901.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Hoping for John "Speedy Gonzalez" Ross" to live up to draft pick.

But will be happy if he is contributing in some way and not a bust like last season.

He could be a key to success if he does breakout.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2018, 03:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: 81973901.jpg]

Have a Snoopy Beagle named Cooper

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2018, 07:58 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Have a Snoopy Beagle named Cooper.
Does he lay on the top of the doghouse and complain about Bengals all day? 

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2018, 08:24 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Does he lay on the top of the doghouse and complain about Bengals all day? 

Good question.  The poster you're referring to is sure a blast of fresh air isn't he?

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2018, 10:08 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: have seen Dalton overthrow more than under imo....

A lot of the underthrows come from trouble in the pocket generally.

With ross it will probly be get the ball in his hands then let him run down the field

Agreed. For the first few years, when Dalton missed, he missed long. For the last 2-3 years it's been short. If Price lives up to his draft status (I think he will) that will allow Dalton to step up into his throws and it could be a thing of beauty combined with Ross.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2018, 08:38 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Good question.  The poster you're referring to is sure a blast of fresh air isn't he?

Yep!

Reply/Quote

I wish my body was that fragile:

[Image: john-ross-iii.jpg?w=640]
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2018, 02:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same here, remember laughing my ass off as well and Adoree ain't no punk.

[Image: 0b5.gif]
Reply/Quote

william jackson appears to be a very special player

let us have this discussion about Ross in 6 months
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2018, 09:58 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I wish my body was that fragile:

[Image: john-ross-iii.jpg?w=640]

There are some teams that have pushed him either down their boards or off their boards because of injuries," Mayock said. "He's had surgery on his shoulder, he's had surgery on both knees, and he's got a small frame. So the durability is a big issue with him right now.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2018, 02:43 PM)cooper Wrote: There are some teams that have pushed him either down their boards or off their boards because of injuries," Mayock said. "He's had surgery on his shoulder, he's had surgery on both knees, and he's got a small frame. So the durability is a big issue with him right now.

Let's have this discussion 6 months from now.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2018, 02:43 PM)cooper Wrote: There are some teams that have pushed him either down their boards or off their boards because of injuries," Mayock said. "He's had surgery on his shoulder, he's had surgery on both knees, and he's got a small frame. So the durability is a big issue with him right now.

That and the inner workings of his mind and soul, into which you claim insight.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2018, 03:52 PM)McC Wrote: That and the inner workings of his mind and soul, into which you claim insight.

He's a psychic.   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2018, 02:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: 30-50 receptions, 500-600 yards, 3-6 TDs is my prediction.

If he gets 50 receptions he is probably closer to 800 yards.
Reply/Quote
I think Ross will be an Eifert 2.0 injury wise. I think hell have a decent amount of ability. He will just need to stay on the field.
Reply/Quote