Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John '2 fast 2 film' Ross
(06-17-2018, 05:20 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I think Ross will be an Eifert 2.0 injury wise. I think hell have a decent amount of ability. He will just need to stay on the field.

He'll be fine. The Bengals curse can't last forever. The difference in a curse and a string of bad luck is how you perceive it. And TBH? We are pretty BAD right now and nothing will own us. Go ahead and get on the wagon. We are going to ride the crazy train this year. We are locked and loaded!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2018, 09:58 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I wish my body was that fragile:

[Image: john-ross-iii.jpg?w=640]

he did get injured during this run.  record run np doubt but pulled up lame
Reply/Quote
Really looking forward to seeing how Ross changes the look of our offense.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
May have more weapons than we know what to do with.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2018, 06:09 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He'll be fine. The Bengals curse can't last forever. The difference in a curse and a string of bad luck is how you perceive it. And TBH? We are pretty BAD right now and nothing will own us. Go ahead and get on the wagon. We are going to ride the crazy train this year. We are locked and loaded!

how do you know he will be fine..an injury prone receiver in college a draft pick wasted by the powers that be of the bengals..should have gone with offensive line last year
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2018, 02:24 PM)cooper Wrote: how do you know he will be fine..an injury prone receiver in college a draft pick wasted by the powers that be of the bengals.

How do you know he will never be any good?  Anthony Munoz had two knee surgeries in college.

None of us know for sure how Ross's career will play out.  Not even you.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2018, 11:37 PM)Go Cards Wrote: May have more weapons than we know what to do with.

Mixon and Bernard at RB.
Green and Ross at WR.
Boyd as a possession receiver in the slot.
Maybe Tate as a red zone weapon.
Kroft as a safety net 4th/5th option.
Throw in Eifert if/when he gets healthy again.

Definitely a solid group for Lazor to work with.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-18-2018, 02:24 PM)cooper Wrote: how do you know he will be fine..an injury prone receiver in college a draft pick wasted by the powers that be of the bengals..should have gone with offensive line last year

If the Bengals were going to go with any offensive player other than Ross, it should have been OJ Howard. Could have really used him with a constantly ailing Eifert. Ryan Ramczyk should have been the choice if going OL. Plug and play RT.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-18-2018, 02:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How do you know he will never be any good?  Anthony Munoz had two knee surgeries in college.

None of us know for sure how Ross's career will play out.  Not even you.

He's a psychic fred.  He know's everything, even the mind and soul of Ross.  Read back through this thread.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I said it last year in a Ross thread and I'll say it again now - don't care if he ever catches a pass but I would line that guy up every offensive snap and have him go deep and clear out a portion of the secondary every time. And just when they think he's a decoy - throw it to him.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2018, 02:24 PM)cooper Wrote: how do you know he will be fine..an injury prone receiver in college a draft pick wasted by the powers that be of the bengals..should have gone with offensive line last year

Hows the weather in Pittsburgh today? Really hot here.  Mellow

Reply/Quote
(06-19-2018, 12:42 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Hows the weather in Pittsburgh today? Really hot here.  Mellow

Oh no you didn't.   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2018, 12:42 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Hows the weather in Pittsburgh today? Really hot here.  Mellow

Doh!
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2018, 05:20 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I think Ross will be an Eifert 2.0 injury wise. I think hell have a decent amount of ability. He will just need to stay on the field.

I'm not sure Eifert had any problems till he got here.  And as Fred pointed out Munoz had significant problems with his knee before being drafted and worked out.

The biggest concern about Eifert is the problems with his back.   But Gronk has had a long history of back problems and he has still been on the field enough to make a major impact.

We don't know what's going to happen with Ross.  Maybe he never has another significant injury.

This is pre-season.   I'm going to indulge in hope and dreaming.   If he pans out he could be a game changer when combined with Green and Boyd, who appears to be looking fine in 2018.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2018, 02:29 PM)3wt Wrote: This is pre-season.   I'm going to indulge in hope and dreaming.   If he pans out he could be a game changer when combined with Green and Boyd, who appears to be looking fine in 2018.

My sentiments exactly.   :andy:
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2018, 03:10 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: My sentiments exactly.   :andy:

I always say the day after the superbowl - "the Bengals are tied for first again".
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2018, 03:41 PM)BengalD Wrote: I always say the day after the superbowl - "the Bengals are tied for first again".

Maybe this year you'll get to say something like, "the Bengals decline the invitation to the White House."
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2018, 05:22 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Maybe this year you'll get to say something like, "the Bengals decline the invitation to the White House."

I actually think we would probly have close to 95% of the team go to the whitehouse
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2018, 05:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I actually think we would probly have close to 95% of the team go to the whitehouse

I was just joking Xeno.  Forgot the sarcasm emoji.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2018, 02:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think Ross was going to be on the field much even before he fumbled.  He has admitted that he didn't know the play book and it is very telling that his only play was a reverse where he took a handoff.  So even if he doesn't fumble he was not going tp play more than a handful of snaps.

The best comments in the thread, IMO.

My hopes are that he does great.

But I expect that he'll be the 3rd or 4th WR going into the season and will likely fail to beat out LaFell in training camp. I can see him getting a few starts this year.

Ross is an exceptional talent athletically, but he's far from an exceptional football player. The two are not the same. There have been some average athletic guys who have been exceptional football players and since this is the game of football I'll take the football player every time. Ogbuehi was a better athlete than Whit but he's a down right p***y of a football player.

Can Ross block in the running and passing is a question I have. Does anyone know the answer to that?

Personally, if I were the coach, I'd assign him returner duty to get him on the field while he learns. He was a good returner in college.

Reply/Quote