Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John '2 fast 2 film' Ross
(06-21-2018, 07:45 PM)cooper Wrote: hes eating better, taking self improvement classes and taking his parents out to eat weekly

dude was no different than any other draft pick and their struggles

Good lord.  Is this all you're capable of posting?  We all get it, you don't like John Ross.  Move on dude.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2018, 08:56 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Good lord.  Is this all you're capable of posting?  We all get it, you don't like John Ross.  Move on dude.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
I wasn’t a fan of this pick but I’ll be pulling for the kid 100%. He’s now had plenty of time to heal and get on the same page with Dalton. There should be zero reasons why he doesn’t succeed this year. If he’s running wrong routes or hurt again, that’s a horrible sign. He should make some positive impact with some occasional dynamic plays this year. It should be expected to see some occasional boneheaded plays too. That’s fine, as long as he provides those big plays. This is his year to firmly establish himself.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2018, 10:10 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I wasn’t a fan of this pick but I’ll be pulling for the kid 100%. He’s now had plenty of time to heal and get on the same page with Dalton. There should be zero reasons why he doesn’t succeed this year. If he’s running wrong routes or hurt again, that’s a horrible sign. He should make some positive impact with some occasional dynamic plays this year. It should be expected to see some occasional boneheaded plays too. That’s fine, as long as he provides those big plays. This is his year to firmly establish himself.

Good point. He’s still a rookie considering experience. He’s going to make some mistakes.

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2018, 12:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. Yeah, and what a big sample size that was. 2 targets and 1 fumble where the defender objectively got a perfect hit with his helmet on the ball. If this is what you consider evidence, you probably wanted to convict before the trial even started.

2. He wasn't allowed to participate in team activities until June 13th due to NFL rules (he had to wait for final exams). He was finishing 3 classes, so obviously he had less time time to cram his head in a playbook. Also, who said he didn't know it for "a whole year"? I've seen Ross imply he didn't know it when he arrived to the team. Not that he didn't know it deep into the season.

--------

I understand frustration over his rookie season, I really do. Who wouldn't be frustrated? That said, you have to look at everything objectively. He was obviously not 100% healthy, he got a very late start on team activities and immersing himself in the playbook - and this wasn't entirely his fault, it was just circumstances. Then you have a coordinator switch after 2 games last year... There was just a LOT working against Ross last year.

The 3 plays you mention prove zilch in the long run. With a full off-season and being 100% (knock on wood) - NOW is when we can fairly get a good idea of who he really is. 

Great points.  Also, look at what 3rd round pick Kareem Hunt did in his first carry in the first game of the season against the Pats.  He fumbled it, and the Pats recovered.  Was he benched?  Nope.  He went on to set the NFL rookie single game all-purpose yardage total record.  I am not saying that Ross couldn't have been sat at all, but as badly as the Bengals offense was struggling, it didn't seem to make a lot of sense to sit their #9 overall pick.  And he was NOT injured on that play.  
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2018, 07:38 PM)cooper Wrote: lol@ poor Ross..had to study too hard to graduate..did not have enough time to get his head into the playbook..and yes, the morale was low on the club to begin with..and the person stating the morale on the club was low..certainly hung out with the team and knew this  LOL

any more excuses?

should have taken someone like Ramzyck in the 1st round

Troll on, troll.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-22-2018, 07:50 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Great points.  Also, look at what 3rd round pick Kareem Hunt did in his first carry in the first game of the season against the Pats.  He fumbled it, and the Pats recovered.  Was he benched?  Nope.  He went on to set the NFL rookie single game all-purpose yardage total record.  I am not saying that Ross couldn't have been sat at all, but as badly as the Bengals offense was struggling, it didn't seem to make a lot of sense to sit their #9 overall pick.  And he was NOT injured on that play.  

Ross admitted he did not know the playbook.  he admitted that he tried to hide his injury from the coaches.  He deserved to be benched.  Stop blaming Marvin.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2018, 09:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Ross admitted he did not know the playbook.  he admitted that he tried to hide his injury from the coaches.  He deserved to be benched.  Stop blaming Marvin.

In an interview on the home page, Ross said Marvin was not the villain in his story last year.  He owned it all, put all the blame on himself.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Here is a link to the John Ross interview on Sirius Radio yesterday:

https://blog.siriusxm.com/john-ross-on-disappointing-rookie-year-with-bengals-sometimes-people-dont-understand-what-a-players-going-through/
Reply/Quote
my god..making Ross the fulcrum of all discussions on the Bengals

it is what is is..hes an often injured player.. a player that was benched because he did not study his playbook and know how to run correct routes

maybe he turns it around and become a solid player..maybe not

lol@ hating ross...no hated the draft pick..bengals should have moved down and improved their lousy offensive line
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2018, 10:18 AM)cooper Wrote: my god..making Ross the Fulcrum of all discussions on the Bengals

Ross has to be the Fulcrum due to his less than Six degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon due to him playing football on Snoop Dogg's Pee Wee team & Kevin Bacon working with Snoop on the Queen Latifah Show.

Ross is therefore within Six Degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon making him the Fulcrum between Kevin Bacon, the Bengals Organization, Snoop and Bengal fans.

So you see, Ross as the Fulcrum just fits like a Glove.

It's all Good...  :heart:
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2018, 10:18 AM)cooper Wrote: my god..making Ross the fulcrum of all discussions on the Bengals

it is what is is..hes an often injured player.. a player that was benched because he did not study his playbook and know how to run correct routes

maybe he turns it around and become a solid player..maybe not

lol@ hating ross...no hated the draft  pick..bengals should have moved down and improved their lousy offensive line

Yeah, how weird, people are talking about John Ross in a John Ross thread.

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2018, 03:12 PM)cooper Wrote: but he will be great this year..LOL

wasted first round pick

(06-22-2018, 10:18 AM)cooper Wrote: maybe he turns it around and become a solid player..maybe not

Now I am confused.  Are you laughing at the notion he will be good or are you admitting it is a possibility?

(06-22-2018, 10:18 AM)cooper Wrote: lol@ hating ross.

You sure do lol a lot.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2018, 05:55 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Good point. He’s still a rookie considering experience. He’s going to make some mistakes.

The potential and the ceiling is what I like about this guy.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2018, 11:14 AM)McC Wrote: Yeah, how weird,  people are talking about John Ross in a John Ross thread.

Oh he doesn't just confine it to this thread.  He gets some shots on Ross in other threads.  
Reply/Quote
so if you disagree you are not a bengals fan..ok...john ross will be excellent, he will have no health problems..best draft pick the bengals ever made
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2018, 02:25 PM)cooper Wrote: so if you disagree you are not a bengals fan..ok...john ross will be excellent, he will have no health problems..best draft pick the bengals ever made

Where did anyone say you weren't a Bengals fan?  
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2018, 02:25 PM)cooper Wrote: so if you disagree you are not a bengals fan..ok...john ross will be excellent, he will have no health problems..best draft pick the bengals ever made

No one is saying you are not a fan.  We just think it is a bit impertinent of you to be mocking people and laughing at them when you have no way of knowing for sure if Ross will be good this year or not.

Over the years I have learned not to judge a player on just his rookie season.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2018, 04:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No one is saying you are not a fan.  We just think it is a bit impertinent of you to be mocking people and laughing at them when you have no way of knowing for sure if Ross will be good this year or not.

I don't think he cares what anybody tells him.  I just hope he owns up when Ross has a good season.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2018, 09:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Ross admitted he did not know the playbook.  he admitted that he tried to hide his injury from the coaches.  He deserved to be benched.  Stop blaming Marvin.

I will blame Marvin all I want.  Ross might have been covering for his "healthy scratch" video that drew the ire of all in the Bengals coaching staff and management (and rightfully so).  Ross never got another shot in that game, and that was wrong.  The team was cutting off it's proverbial nose to spite it's face.  The offense sucked and had no threat opposite AJ Green, so let's be hard on this rookie and go down with this sinking ship.

Stupid. 
Reply/Quote