Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John '2 fast 2 film' Ross
(06-22-2018, 05:06 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I will blame Marvin all I want.  Ross might have been covering for his "healthy scratch" video that drew the ire of all in the Bengals coaching staff and management (and rightfully so).  Ross never got another shot in that game, and that was wrong.  The team was cutting off it's proverbial nose to spite it's face.  The offense sucked and had no threat opposite AJ Green, so let's be hard on this rookie and go down with this sinking ship.

Stupid. 

So even when Ross himself admits that he was the problem (injured and did not know playbook) you are still going to blame Marvin?

Have you ever heard of the term "cognitive dissonance"?
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2018, 05:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So even when Ross himself admits that he was the problem (injured and did not know playbook) you are still going to blame Marvin?

Have you ever heard of a kid saying whatever his coach and organization told him to say to try and get back in their good graces?  I guess not.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure that any player needs to be told to not badmouth the head coach when they're not playing. I don't automatically assume that every player (or fan for that matter ) is dumb as an empty roll of paper towels although some people never seem to go out of their way to dispell the notion.. I've always taken the stance of hoping every player has the greatest season ever. Some folks seem to openly root for failure of certain players and coaches just to be able to say, "See! I told you so! " 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-22-2018, 04:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No one is saying you are not a fan.  We just think it is a bit impertinent of you to be mocking people and laughing at them when you have no way of knowing for sure if Ross will be good this year or not.

Over the years I have learned not to judge a player on just his rookie season.

lol@ we

you should have also learned over the years two other things

1) there are many fast athletes that fail miserably in the NFL
2) things are what they  are.....ross is often injured and has always had problems with route recognition
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2018, 08:23 AM)grampahol Wrote: I'm not sure that any player needs to be told to not badmouth the head coach when they're not playing. I don't automatically assume that every player (or fan for that matter ) is dumb as an empty roll of paper towels although some people never seem to go out of their way to dispell the notion.. I've always taken the stance of hoping every player has the greatest season ever. Some folks seem to openly root for failure of certain players and coaches just to be able to say, "See! I told you so! " 

and some people accept mediocrity and make excuses from one year to the next
but we all are bengals fans and should respect that
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2018, 10:10 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I wasn’t a fan of this pick but I’ll be pulling for the kid 100%. He’s now had plenty of time to heal and get on the same page with Dalton. There should be zero reasons why he doesn’t succeed this year. If he’s running wrong routes or hurt again, that’s a horrible sign. He should make some positive impact with some occasional dynamic plays this year. It should be expected to see some occasional boneheaded plays too. That’s fine, as long as he provides those big plays. This is his year to firmly establish himself.

we love the circleville pumpkin festival

we dont need dynamic plays..we need an offensive line that is solid..everything else will fall into place
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2018, 05:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So even when Ross himself admits that he was the problem (injured and did not know playbook) you are still going to blame Marvin?

i blame marvin and the powers that be for not trading back and getting some offensive line help..ross could have been the God of Perfection his rookie year, would not have made a difference
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2018, 10:44 AM)cooper Wrote: i blame marvin and the powers that be for not trading back and getting some offensive line help..ross could have been the God of Perfection his rookie year, would not have made a difference

I don't want to argue with you anymore.  The OL is looking better, so do you at least hope Ross can be a factor this season?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2018, 10:50 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I don't want to argue with you anymore.  The OL is looking better, so do you at least hope Ross can be a factor this season?

Probably not, especially from his reply to Circleville who didn't like the pick but still atleast had some common sense in his post.

We have needed some dynamic plays from someone not named AJ Green for sometime.

Usually dynamic plays end in TD's, you know those pesky things that win games. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2018, 10:30 AM)cooper Wrote: lol@ we

you should have also learned over the years two other things

1) there are many fast athletes that fail miserably in the NFL
2) things are what they  are.....ross is often injured and has always had problems with route recognition

Okay then.  What exactly are you predictions for Ross's production this year.  Since you are so good at laughing at everyone just tell us exactly what he is goin g to do this year.  That way we can all get together and lol at the ned of the season at whoever is wrong.

I prdecit 50-60 receptions and 700-800+ yards.  I am not going to guratee that or laugh at anyone who disagrees, but that is my prediction.

What do you say?
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2018, 11:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Okay then.  What exactly are you predictions for Ross's production this year.  Since you are so good at laughing at everyone just tell us exactly what he is goin g to do this year.  That way we can all get together and lol at the ned of the season at whoever is wrong.

I prdecit 50-60 receptions and 700-800+ yards.  I am not going to guratee that or laugh at anyone who disagrees, but that is my prediction.

What do you say?

fred...i think u are somewhat paranoid..i love all bengals fans and am not laughing a t anyone

yet fred, if i owned the team and was aware of the offensive line problems prior to last season.. and you my general manager drafted a receiver  that had a history of injury issues  in the first round..you would not be my general manager for very long

but for anyone to suggest that a complete turnaround by some unproven rookie will propel this team to the superbowl..that someone does not know football .

with a good offensive line .. i predict dalton, mixon etc will all look and do better..I predict the defnse will be on the field less and I predict more wins

football is a team sport and ross doing good or bad or somewhere in between will have no affect

my position remains the same..faced with the uncertainties of this offensive line last year..the braintrust of the bengals should have addressed this issue
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2018, 11:41 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Probably not, especially from his reply to Circleville who didn't like the pick but still atleast had some common sense in his post.

Usually dynamic plays end in TD's, you know those pesky things that win games. Mellow
maybe with an improved offensive line   mixons potential will be seen..we can have a great running game, dalton will have time to actually throw to the good receivers that we already have

ill take a solid running game any day
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2018, 11:41 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Probably not, especially from his reply to Circleville who didn't like the pick but still atleast had some common sense in his post.

great teams such as new england ..Philly etc  rely on well rounded performance in all areas consistently during the course of the season

ross could turn out to be the second coming of AJ  and other teams will make adjustments
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2018, 12:44 PM)cooper Wrote: fred...i think u are somewhat paranoid..i love all bengals fans and am not laughing a t anyone

yet fred, if i owned the team and was aware of the offensive line problems prior to last season.. and you my general manager drafted a receiver  that had a history of injury issues  in the first round..you would not be my general manager for very long

but for anyone to suggest that a complete turnaround by some unproven rookie will propel this team to the superbowl..that someone does not know football .

with a good offensive line .. i predict dalton, mixon etc will all look and do better..I predict the defnse will be on the field less and I predict more wins

football is a team sport and ross doing good or bad or somewhere in between will have no affect

my position remains the same..faced with the uncertainties of this offensive line last year..the braintrust of the bengals should have addressed this issue

Who ever said anything even close to that?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2018, 12:46 PM)cooper Wrote: maybe with an improved offensive line   mixons potential will be seen..we can have a great running game, dalton will have time to actually throw to the good receivers that we already have

ill take a solid running game any day

It all starts in the trenches that is for damn sure.

Expecting a huge season out of Mixon with an improved O-line.

(06-23-2018, 12:49 PM)cooper Wrote: great teams such as new england ..Philly etc  rely on well rounded performance in all areas consistently during the course of the season

ross could turn out to be the second coming of AJ  and other teams will make adjustments

Well i agree with you on these posts Cooper, just saying...

If Ross pans out it sure would open up the entire Offense. AJ, the running game, everything.

With that explosion, just being on the field will make Defenses take notice.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2018, 12:49 PM)cooper Wrote: great teams such as new england ..Philly etc  rely on well rounded performance in all areas consistently during the course of the season

You still haven't answered my question.  Do you at least hope Ross has a decent season?
Reply/Quote

(06-23-2018, 01:57 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: You still haven't answered my question.  Do you at least hope Ross has a decent season?

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4664131]

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2018, 11:11 AM)cooper Wrote: lol@ outrunning bombs..

(06-21-2018, 03:12 PM)cooper Wrote: but he will be great this year..LOL

cooper Wrote: lol@ 3 outta five years healthy..impressive

cooper Wrote:lol@ poor Ross..had to study too hard to graduate..did not have enough time to get his head into the playbook..and yes, the morale was low on the club to begin with..and the person stating the morale on the club was low..certainly hung out with the team and knew this  LOL

(06-21-2018, 07:41 PM)cooper Wrote: lol@ Hating ross..never met the dude

(06-22-2018, 10:18 AM)cooper Wrote: lol@ hating ross
(06-23-2018, 10:30 AM)cooper Wrote: lol@ we

(06-23-2018, 12:44 PM)cooper Wrote: fred...i think u are somewhat paranoid..i love all bengals fans and am not laughing a t anyone

So you don't even know what "lol" means?  

That's pretty funny considering that you use it more than my 14 year old daughter.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2018, 11:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Okay then.  What exactly are you predictions for Ross's production this year.  Since you are so good at laughing at everyone just tell us exactly what he is goin g to do this year.  That way we can all get together and lol at the ned of the season at whoever is wrong.

What do you say?

Smirk
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2018, 03:03 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4664131]

[Image: cricket-picture-id153857849?k=6&m=153857...ZLYHt3S7A=]
Reply/Quote