Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross Haters
(12-13-2019, 02:00 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is OK, bringing up a thread 3 months later proves my point. some fans hate and root against our players period.

BTW..Ross has much better numbers than 15 million a year AJ Green in 2019.

Ara you rooting against Green by saying that?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 03:08 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m talking specifically about his in-game coaching, lack of adjustments, failure to get the team ready for primetime/playoffs, etc.

He helped build some good teams here, but I don’t think he was a particularly good HC. Although the jabroni we have now makes Marvin look like Belichick...

Agree,

Marvin did several things well. "In game coaching" was however his weakest link. Coaching in the clutch he freezes up ! Like you say making adjustments on the fly, use of timeouts, just overall game awareness like having fake punts ready, knowing when to clock it, so on he wasn't good.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 09:41 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Ross was an injury prone one trick pony in college and he still is in the NFL.

Great pick by Dufus Tobin

He was injured playing cornerback, trying to help his team (which he did), when the suspended Marcus Peters was out.  He is NOT a one-trick pony.  If you watched him in college at all you would know that.  If the Bengals use him in a limited way, it may be because they planned on using him that way with Boyd, Eifert, and Green out there with him.  

I am still puzzled why he isn't used on more screens.  He would make one man miss and then off to the races.  

Sure, looking back I am pretty sure we would all prefer Mahommes  Ninja, but Ross is a weapon that changes the way teams defend the Bengals.  Look at the offensive output the games he has played.  Not just his, but the entire team's output.  Teams drop safeties and that not only opens the middle of the field for Boyd, Eifert, and someday Green, but it also helps the rushing attack.  
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 02:00 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is OK, bringing up a thread 3 months later proves my point. some fans hate and root against our players period.

As ok as it is to bring up a John Ross eating crow thread after one game . John Ross is still garbage. But he did have that impressive Seattle game.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 09:23 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Ara you rooting against Green by saying that?

Can’t say I’m surprised so many fans have turned on AJ. Why would I expect it to end any other way...

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 12:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can’t say I’m surprised so many fans have turned on AJ. Why would I expect it to end any other way...

Without starting an argument here as I really am just curious.

If Green is able to play, you are honestly cool with a guy being paid $15mil to decide he's just not going to play per the contract he signed?
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 10:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He was injured playing cornerback, trying to help his team (which he did), when the suspended Marcus Peters was out.  He is NOT a one-trick pony.  If you watched him in college at all you would know that.  If the Bengals use him in a limited way, it may be because they planned on using him that way with Boyd, Eifert, and Green out there with him.  

I am still puzzled why he isn't used on more screens.  He would make one man miss and then off to the races.  

Sure, looking back I am pretty sure we would all prefer Mahommes  Ninja, but Ross is a weapon that changes the way teams defend the Bengals.  Look at the offensive output the games he has played.  Not just his, but the entire team's output.  Teams drop safeties and that not only opens the middle of the field for Boyd, Eifert, and someday Green, but it also helps the rushing attack.  
Doesn't matter if he only plays 3 games a season.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:31 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll admit when he dove and popped up the first pass sent his way and it was almost picked I thought "Classic, always interesting Ross."  I will say though that hearing people around here say that after he has a brutal drop you just have to go right back to him reminds me a bit too much of my time in Chicago when Bears fans would say that Rex Grossman would have a good game once he got an INT or two out of his system.

The SAME sure fire HOFer Rex Grossman? How could anyone ever fail with the word Gross in their name? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 12:23 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Without starting an argument here as I really am just curious.

If Green is able to play, you are honestly cool with a guy being paid $15mil to decide he's just not going to play per the contract he signed?

There is no reason for him to play. We need to lose out and secure the 1st pick. I have no idea why people are so bothered by him sitting out. If we were in a playoff hunt I’d understand the frustration. But our season was over before he was even close to being ready to come back.

Also, it’s funny to me how much people care about Mike Brown’s money lol

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 01:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There is no reason for him to play. We need to lose out and secure the 1st pick. I have no idea why people are so bothered by him sitting out. If we were in a playoff hunt I’d understand the frustration. But our season was over before he was even close to being ready to come back.

I really don't give a damn about Browns money. 

But yes, I'm extremely bothered by it for a several reasons I've stated in other threads that I'm not going to bore people with again. I understand your position as well even though I don't believe that the first pick is some magic cure for this franchise.

Ultimately I just hope he's not back on this team next year.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 01:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There is no reason for him to play. We need to lose out and secure the 1st pick. I have no idea why people are so bothered by him sitting out. If we were in a playoff hunt I’d understand the frustration. But our season was over before he was even close to being ready to come back.

I care about Mike Brown's money IF and ONLY if he decides to give all of it to me.. Since I highly doubt that'll be the case...Gee, I sure hope he doesn't pay too much for his next Chevy Lumina.. Nervous Maybe it'll be a 1974 Chevy VEGA! A CLASSIC! Tongue
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 09:23 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Ara you rooting against Green by saying that?

Never, I have his jersey.

Just stating a fact which is relevant to this conversation.

I hope he plays this week and last 3 games.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 11:13 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: As ok as it is to bring up a John Ross eating crow thread after one game .    John Ross is still garbage.  But he did have that impressive Seattle game.

1 better game than the guy we paid 15 million this year and has not had a great year in a long time while collecting huge compensation Green.

Again, not turning on AJ, it is a fact and haters of Ross can't complain about Ross injuries while ignoring Green's injuries.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:02 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Time to step up and say you were wrong. If you ignored his 7 TD's in 2018 and ignored he was hurt a rookie and jumped to the conclusion John Ross was a bust, then time to take your medicine and eat crow.

Bust in the NFL don;t go for 158 yards and 2 TD's in one game.

Seriously, I have said all along, don't be too quick to judge, root for his success and not his demise. He made our offense look potentially dangerous and it was fun to watch.

My hope is we can get a healthy Green, Boyd and Ross on the field sooner than later. We on't be Patriot good (man they look Bush and Steelers defense look bad (no AB yet) last night. Bush was getting beat all over the field, his tackles were 8 to 10 yards down field, tough night for the rookie LB on their defense.

But, I digressed.

Eat crow baby.

JR has played in 21 games in 3 seasons.  He's added  566 yards for the offense and 10 TD's.

Why are we talking about him? 
Reply/Quote
He is great IF he can stay on the field BUT he cant. He would of had a better rookie season if he didnt even play at all. 1 run...fumble...injured.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 07:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Never, I have his jersey.

Just stating a fact which is relevant to this conversation.

I hope he plays this week and last 3 games.

Well then people can point out how disappointing Ross is without rooting against him or enjoying his failure, right?
Reply/Quote

That's it. Don't go down without a fight.

Of course this thread makes you look silly for calling folks out, but go down swinging. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 12:23 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Without starting an argument here as I really am just curious.

Fwiw, I normally wouldn't be but considering how he got hurt I'm totally fine with it. Those guys should have never been on that field and the team should have refused to hold practice there.

FYI: There's also been a report floating around, that has been mentioned a few times on local shows, that an offer was on the table that both sides were working through that was then pulled after he was injured.

I can understand the pulling of the of the offer (its just business) but I can understand AJ's camp vuewing it as a slap in the face. Especially considering all the things surrounding the injury, and him coming back too early in years past too.

I do think he intended to play, but the season was lost by the time of his return. Then I think any chance of him playing the back half went out the window when Dalton was benched. And now its just too late. There's not enough reward to outweigh the tremendous risk in playing a few games.

Just my 2 cents...
Reply/Quote

Whether you know it or not , money( the salary cap) spent wisely is the most important thing the front office can do to help the team succeed. I believe the Pats are excellent at this phase of the game which has made them the best team in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 08:44 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Fwiw, I normally wouldn't be but considering how he got hurt I'm totally fine with it. Those guys should have never been on that field and the team should have refused to hold practice there.

FYI: There's also been a report floating around, that has been mentioned a few times on local shows, that an offer was on the table that both sides were working through that was then pulled after he was injured.

I can understand the pulling of the of the offer (its just business) but I can understand AJ's camp vuewing it as a slap in the face. Especially considering all the things surrounding the injury, and him coming back too early in years past too.

I do think he intended to play, but the season was lost by the time of his return. Then I think any chance of him playing the back half went out the window when Dalton was benched. And now its just too late. There's not enough reward to outweigh the tremendous risk in playing a few games.

Just my 2 cents...
The dumb FO will franchise him for 19 million and he will again be afraid to get hurt next year. Or they could just as stupidly give him a long term contract and gamble that he would be able to play it out without being injured. The FO needs to ask WWBBD.
Reply/Quote