Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross Haters
(12-13-2019, 07:25 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: 1 better game than the guy we paid 15 million this year and has not had a great year in a long time while collecting huge compensation Green.

Again, not turning on AJ, it is a fact and haters of Ross can't complain about Ross injuries while ignoring Green's injuries.

That's a valid point.

Green, IF he doesn't play a game this year will have missed 24 straight games. 24! And he will have made it through what 1 practice over that span?
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:02 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Time to step up and say you were wrong. If you ignored his 7 TD's in 2018 and ignored he was hurt a rookie and jumped to the conclusion John Ross was a bust, then time to take your medicine and eat crow.

Bust in the NFL don;t go for 158 yards and 2 TD's in one game.

Seriously, I have said all along, don't be too quick to judge, root for his success and not his demise. He made our offense look potentially dangerous and it was fun to watch.

My hope is we can get a healthy Green, Boyd and Ross on the field sooner than later. We on't be Patriot good (man they look Bush and Steelers defense look bad (no AB yet) last night. Bush was getting beat all over the field, his tackles were 8 to 10 yards down field, tough night for the rookie LB on their defense.

But, I digressed.

Eat crow baby.

I think you should read your words and take your own advice.  

You can eat crow....   Time to say you were wrong.  You jumped on the JR bandwagon after week 1 then it crashed.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 01:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There is no reason for him to play. We need to lose out and secure the 1st pick. I have no idea why people are so bothered by him sitting out. If we were in a playoff hunt I’d understand the frustration. But our season was over before he was even close to being ready to come back.

Also, it’s funny to me how much people care about Mike Brown’s money lol

This... We ain't paying him. People need to quit bitching about it. Especially when they have zero clue about his health. Cone drills ain't a game.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 09:20 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Whether you know it or not , money( the salary cap) spent wisely is the most important thing the front office can do to help the team succeed. I believe the Pats are excellent at this phase of the game which has made them the best team in the NFL.

We’re not even close to the cap. So it’s irrelevant.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
This thread is hilarious. I was skeptical but hopeful after that Seattle game and John Ross regressed to the mean - an oft injured player who rarely produces above a late round pick. I really wish we would have traded this guy before the draft.
Reply/Quote
Honestly...when you pick a WR in the Top 10...you expect them to produce 100 yard games. So seeing Ross do it against a good team in Seattle, you expect that maybe he turned the corner. But, now it's obvious that Ross didn't.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 11:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We’re not even close to the cap. So it’s irrelevant.

I would have helped more this year than what they got out of AJ so it is relevant. If the 15 mil they spent or the 19 million they will have to pay him in 2020 would have been spent on free agent(s) it would have helped the team,
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 10:06 PM)scorp1974 Wrote: I think you should read your words and take your own advice.  

You can eat crow....   Time to say you were wrong.  You jumped on the JR bandwagon after week 1 then it crashed.

Yep.

He thumped his chest and announced to all to eat crow for skepticism about Ross.

It's more about his silly machismo post than JR being a bust.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 12:34 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: I would have helped more this year than what they got out of AJ so it is relevant. If the 15 mil they spent or the 19 million they will have to pay him in 2020 would have been spent on free agent(s) it would have helped the team,

Yeah, let’s pay FA’s like Hart and Preston Brown instead. That’ll make us better lol

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 11:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We’re not even close to the cap. So it’s irrelevant.

And we are not even close to managing it effectively either
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 01:49 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Isn't one game finally in a 9th overall pick's third season a bit early to be calling for crow to be eaten?

Even with 158 yards, he's now at 368 yards in a possible 33 games since he was drafted. Lets hold off on trying to rub it into people's faces until it continues to be replicated.

Geno Smith has had a perfect passer rating game before (20-25, 358yds, 3 TD). Didn't mean people needed to eat crow when they didn't believe in him as a starting QB. Almost like just doing it once or twice isn't enough to be a good player.

Thread seems a little hasty.

[Image: tenor.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 01:39 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif]
The reason I revived this thread is as fans we often overreact to things.  A player has good game he's the best ever.  Have a bad game and he needs to be cut now.

I had the same thought as you when this thread first came up.  One game proves nothing; let's be patient and see what happens. 

Having said that I do hope next season he's able to make a meaningful contribution to the team.  I don't root for any of the Bengals players to fail.  But big picture so far this guy's a bust; let's hope he turns it around.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 12:39 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Yep.

He thumped his chest and announced to all to eat crow for skepticism about Ross.

It's more about his silly machismo post than JR being a bust.

The title of the thread stated the purpose of the thread. This thread was about those who relentlessly attack a player(s) based on draft position and rooting for their negatives to come true. These fans don't want Ross to succeed now, they are to invested in his failure to root for his resurrection.

In contrast, AJ can't get on the field and makes over 2x what Ross makes and same fans ignore it. Yes, I agree one game was aggressive, but he also had more TD's the past 2 years than Boyd, I think he still does in spite of his injuries. People ignore it because it goes against Ross is a bust (means should not be on a NFL roster) label.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 11:36 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The title of the thread stated the purpose of the thread. This thread was about those who relentlessly attack a player(s) based on draft position and rooting for their negatives to come true. These fans don't want Ross to succeed now, they are to invested in his failure to root for his resurrection.

In contrast, AJ can't get on the field and makes over 2x what Ross makes and same fans ignore it. Yes, I agree one game was aggressive, but he also had more TD's the past 2 years than Boyd, I think he still does in spite of his injuries. People ignore it because it goes against Ross is a bust (means should not be on a NFL roster) label.

It's not about rooting for him to bust.

It's about evaluation and self pride.

They want to be right on their assessments just as much as you do.

The AJ Green tag onto your argument is deflection at it's best.

Was AJ Green a bust his first years of playing in the NFL?

No he was not.

Let that part go. 

You're now arguing about pay and production.  It's a different argument.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 01:05 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, let’s pay FA’s like Hart and Preston Brown instead. That’ll make us better lol

You would still have seven mil to sign another free agent. Hart and Brown were not top free agents but they both have contributed more than AJ over the last year and a half. 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 10:19 PM)Jason Wrote:  Cone drills ain't a game.

True but what purpose does serve to have him on the sidelines doing cones and advertising how well he is doing when his sorry behind cant work out? Trying to sucker stupid fans into buying tickets? Why isn't he on IR? I believe Lap knows more than any of us and when he makes a comment I tend to believe him than anyone remotely close to the game.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals got all goo goo eyed at the combine when Ross posted the best time. They knew he was injury prone and injured but still drafted him. Having a deep threat with a noodle armed inaccurate QB is like a man who lives on a gravel road buying a Ferrari.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 01:21 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The Bengals got all goo goo eyed at the combine when Ross posted the best time. They knew he was injury prone and injured but still drafted him. Having a deep threat with a noodle armed inaccurate QB is like a man who lives on a gravel road buying a Ferrari.

How was injury prone? Wasn’t he only injured once in college?

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 01:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How was injury prone? Wasn’t he only injured once in college?

2014 torn meniscus,2015 reinjured torn meniscus, 2015 torn acl. None of this mattered to the brain trust that is running the Bengals though.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 01:48 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: 2014 torn meniscus,2015 reinjured torn meniscus, 2015 torn acl. None of this mattered to the brain trust that is running the Bengals though.

He played 13 games in 2013, 13 games in 2014, and 14 games in 2016. Seems like 2015 was the only year he was out.

Reply/Quote