Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross Haters
(09-09-2019, 11:50 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I guess you're right seeing as Rex Grossman played in a SB and John Ross has had 1 good game.  

It was your wonky comparison, not mine.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:52 AM)McC Wrote: It was your wonky comparison, not mine.

I think it's apt.  What you aren't getting is that I'm glad Ross in involved because the guy makes every play he's involved in a lot more exciting, so what?  The only thing about this that irks me is that the guy has one good game in his 3rd year of football and I'm supposed to feel like a fool for not predicting he'd have his breakout game every week for 3 years like his biggest supporters.

Ross had a big game and Mixon was a total non-factor so let's make Ross doubters and Mixon supporters feel like fools based on a single game.  Lay it on me!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:55 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I think it's apt.  What you aren't getting is that I'm glad Ross in involved because the guy makes every play he's involved in a lot more exciting, so what?  The only thing about this that irks me is that the guy has one good game in his 3rd year of football and I'm supposed to feel like a fool for not predicting he'd have his breakout game every week for 3 years like his biggest supporters.

Ross had a big game and Mixon was a total non-factor so let's make Ross doubters and Mixon supporters feel like fools based on a single game.  Lay it on me!

Who said anybody was trying to make anybody feel like a fool?   You have some kind of complex?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:02 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Time to step up and say you were wrong. If you ignored his 7 TD's in 2018 and ignored he was hurt a rookie and jumped to the conclusion John Ross was a bust, then time to take your medicine and eat crow.

Bust in the NFL don;t go for 158 yards and 2 TD's in one game.

Seriously, I have said all along, don't be too quick to judge, root for his success and not his demise. He made our offense look potentially dangerous and it was fun to watch.

My hope is we can get a healthy Green, Boyd and Ross on the field sooner than later. We on't be Patriot good (man they look Bush and Steelers defense look bad (no AB yet) last night. Bush was getting beat all over the field, his tackles were 8 to 10 yards down field, tough night for the rookie LB on their defense.

But, I digressed.

Eat crow baby.

Dude, relax. He had a good game, sure - but it wasn't perfect. He had dropped passes (one that would have went for a TD) all day. 

No one here is "rooting for his demise". They are simply going off of his NFL sample size and the REALITY of the situation. There's nothing wrong with that. 

Ross seems to be a Jeckly and Hyde type of player right now. I can live with his mistakes if he continues to produce. Im rooting for his success and hope he can overcome and improve upon some of the issues he still has. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:15 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Jinx?

It would not change a thing. Like I said, no bust can get 158 yards and 2 TD's in one game. He now has 9 TD's in 14 games or 11 games he started.

That is not bust by any stretch.

Let's pray all of our team stays healthy and JR can continue to grow and produce each week. I am happy for the guy who has been trashed in this forum by our so called experts who seem to relish when one of our guys struggles versus rooting for them.

what is the ratio 1 in every 3 catches is a TD for JRIII
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:01 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Dude, relax. He had a good game, sure - but it wasn't perfect. He had dropped passes (one that would have went for a TD) all day. 

No one here is "rooting for his demise". They are simply going off of his NFL sample size and the REALITY of the situation. There's nothing wrong with that. 

Ross seems to be a Jeckly and Hyde type of player right now. I can live with his mistakes if he continues to produce. Im rooting for his success and hope he can overcome and improve upon some of the issues he still has. 

people seem to ignore the actual REALITY of the situation though.... just what they want to perceive the situation to be.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:01 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Dude, relax. He had a good game, sure - but it wasn't perfect. He had dropped passes (one that would have went for a TD) all day. 

No one here is "rooting for his demise".
They are simply going off of his NFL sample size and the REALITY of the situation. There's nothing wrong with that. 

I suggest if you ask someone to relax, you may want pull your head out of the sand. Since when was perfect the standard for any pro athlete?

Wrong, many have openly rooted for his demise. I guess you were not looking at threads the past 12 months concerning John Ross to make such a statement. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

He did go on and get that RD on the very next play though, didn't he?

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:41 AM)McC Wrote: It's really a question of is an individual hoping Ross will succeed or hoping to still be right in maintaining the hate for him.

Yes it is.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:58 AM)McC Wrote: Who said anybody was trying to make anybody feel like a fool?   You have some kind of complex?

The OP is going a little hard on the "eat your crow" and "take your medicine" and "admit you were wrong" considering Ross has done plenty (inducing missing the entire pre-season) to earn some skepticism.

I guess the other side of this will be if/when Ross has a bad game again the haters will make a thread asking the Ross supporters to man up and admit they were wrong.  It's just lazy criticism in my opinion.

As I pointed out before, Ross was on the field a lot last year and Dalton wasn't throwing to him...thus far Dalton IS throwing to Ross so if Dalton finally trusts him that's enough for me.  But geez, the guy has 1 good game in his 3rd season so let's dial back the "I never doubted the guy!" smugness.  Geez.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:08 PM)McC Wrote: He did go on and get that RD on the very next play though, didn't he?

Yep - he did. 
Reply/Quote
What they did good with Ross is give him a lot of targets. I think it was 12.

When you only give a guy 2-3 targets and they drop one...it's a small sample size.

Out of 12 targets, he did some good things on 7 of them.
Reply/Quote
Interestingly, I have a bunch of John Ross autographs. I have a lot of the Bengal players autographs...but his were dirt cheap.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:06 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: people seem to ignore the actual REALITY of the situation though.... just what they want to perceive the situation to be.

The reality of the situation is that John Ross' current NFL sample size is over a 3 year span, not 1 game. In that 3 year and 1 game sample size he has been an unreliable/unhealthy NFL wide receiver with 1 really good game. 

I hope the next 10 years are as good as that one game he put up yesterday. But we are being a bit silly when we act like yesterdays game completely made up for the problems over the past 3 years and now John Ross is suddenly Randy Moss. Lets chill a little bit. 
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:17 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The reality of the situation is that John Ross' current NFL sample size is over a 3 year span, not 1 game. In that 3 year and 1 game sample size he has been an unreliable/unhealthy NFL wide receiver with 1 really good game. 

I hope the next 10 years are as good as that one game he put up yesterday. But we are being a bit silly when we act like yesterdays game completely made up for the problems over the past 3 years and now John Ross is suddenly Randy Moss. Lets chill a little bit. 

It will be interesting to see what happens when AJ comes back too...and when we run the ball more.

He likely won't get 12 targets in that scenario.

But still, atleast he had a big game. That's encouraging!
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What they did good with Ross is give him a lot of targets. I think it was 12.

When you only give a guy 2-3 targets and they drop one...it's a small sample size.

That's the issue with Ross, he has to make the most of the targets he gets.  Hopefully he continues to develop and he cuts out the drops because we hopefully won't be throwing the ball 90% of the time going forward so he can't always count on getting 12 targets so he can make 7 plays.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It will be interesting to see what happens when AJ comes back too...and when we run the ball more.

He likely won't get 12 targets in that scenario.

But still, atleast he had a big game. That's encouraging!

I think one of the more interesting story lines of this season is how Ross' performance affects AJs contract extension. 

I truly thought Ross was ultimately drafted to be AJs replacement. If Ross continues to perform at a high level this year, do the Bengals ultimately move on from AJ? 
Reply/Quote
John is that you? Sure he played a great game! Made some mistakes but made up for most of them. I’m glad he finally had a breakout game but this has to be the longest told ya so ever. Long time to keep this in your pocket since the day he was drafted.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What they did good with Ross is give him a lot of targets. I think it was 12.

The first series he had two drops. He let the ball go through his hands n hit the ground. The third drop was the crossing pattern and the Last drop was a seam route n the ball hit his helmet they didn’t replay it so people missed it .

Just gotta keep feeding him the call something good or bad will happen.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:22 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think one of the more interesting story lines of this season is how Ross' performance affects AJs contract extension. 

I truly thought Ross was ultimately drafted to be AJs replacement. If Ross continues to perform at a high level this year, do the Bengals ultimately move on from AJ? 

I would hope it doesn't, but we both know that the Bengals might view Ross as his replacement.

I REALLY wish we drafted DK Metcalf.

Boyd, Metcalf, and Ross would have us set at WR for another 7-8 years.
Reply/Quote