Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross-illness
also, burrow is probably going to highlight reel any team, if he's highlight reeling this team. don't take away from a special player and give it to the coach.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2020, 10:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Trying to give Lou credit for Bates is quite a stretch.

Lawson is having his best season.  Young LBs seem to be developing.  Khalid Kareem was outplaying Dunlap and was a 5th round pick.  I think where Lou has been wrong was not sending an extra pass rusher more than he has because he is asking his back end guys to cover a ridiculously long time.  Maybe the defense gets home more against Tennessee?  Should be interesting to see with Dunlap out how they respond.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2020, 10:47 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: also, burrow is probably going to highlight reel any time if he's highlight reeling this team. don't take away from a special player and give it to the coach.

That made absolutely no sense
Reply/Quote
Ross wants out, so why not trade and get SOMETHING in return rather than keeping him inactive all year and letting him walk at season’s end?
Reply/Quote
Sick?

Sounds like Dunlap set the example to get out. Take it to the media....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 09:31 PM)Whatever Wrote: Yeah, based on the whole "they won't let me participate" line it sounds like he's inferring that the "illness" is being manufactured to hold him out of practice.  Whether that's to ensure he's healthy to facilitate a trade and/or the staff trying to drop his stock in the eyes of management similar to what Dunlap accused them of remains to be seen.  
Hopefully the "illness" is code for we are trying to ship his ass out ASAP.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2020, 11:18 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: Ross wants out, so why not trade and get SOMETHING in return rather than keeping him inactive all year and letting him walk at season’s end?

Tyler Dragon said the Bengals have reached out to other teams about trading John Ross. I'm guessing that there isnt much interest as fans and apparently the team has hoped.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2020, 12:20 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, I'd be sick to my stomach too, if I were about to lose my high paying income job because I was incapable of doing my job..   Ninja

Not if I had made over $17 million by the time I was 25.  
Reply/Quote
I'm not a GM or a football coach, but if I was, Ross would not be on my radar at all despite the speed and potential. No confidence, no effort, nothing but whining and feel sorry for himself the entire time he's been here. He should probably be a social worker or something. Football doesnt seem like a good gig for him.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2020, 10:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I thought the team forfeited any compensatory pick by not electing to honor his fifth year?  

I am not certain but I believe this is not the case.  This is why if the Bengals do not get a fourth or fifth round picks for him in trade, compensatory pics makes more sense.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2020, 12:10 PM)Synric Wrote: Tyler Dragon said the Bengals have reached out to other teams about trading John Ross. I'm guessing that there isnt much interest as fans and apparently the team has hoped.

Interesting because the article I read said there was interest.
Reply/Quote
I think his illness is called can't catchitis.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I just read that teams are interested but the Bengals would rather let him walk in March then trade him... I’m confused, why?
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2020, 11:00 AM)sandwedge Wrote: That made absolutely no sense

In layman's terms (which it appears you need, you're forgiven though, since it's normal with being a Bengals fan) - if Burrow is a star on this team he's a star on any team. You can't attribute his stardom to Zac taylor, only a fool would do this. Burrow is the one controlling Taylor, not the other way around. Do you seriously not read the tea leaves when Burrow says zac is doing a good job drawing up plays he's comfortable with? Lol. It must be hard for Zac to work with someone whose brain is probably light years ahead of his.

It's like saying coaches are making lebron james better, "lol". Think Zac would make another team a winning squad?

The problem is the rams HC has some sort of photographic memory. Zac Taylor is no sean mcvay; he's probably like me, can't remember what he ate for his last meal.

Think Zac can do this? Only wins matter and at this point Zac has shown us zilch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjlfQBQk_kg
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 07:05 PM)sandwedge Wrote: LMAO, John I loved when we drafted you and had hopes you would get it, but you didn't. Blame the coaches all you want (apparently it's kosher for players to not accept any responsibility) but they weren't the ones running wrong routes or just flat out dropping passes.....

John doesn't read this forum, sorry.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 06:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Ross has worked with three different OCs and 2 different head coaches.

No offense to all you guys here who are smarter than NFL coaches, but it is really hard for me to believe that the problem with Ross is just coaches not knowing how to use him.

Is that part in BOLD absolutely necessary? 
The majority of us on here don't think we are smarter than NFL Coaches, yet you love to generalize alot, but if anyone else does, heaven forbid you will dig for hours looking for l that 1 rare instance that proves them wrong.

Everyone on here agrees that Ross is the one with the problem, even though he has proven to be decent at certain plays, it's just not enough to have him active on game day.
Reply/Quote
John Ross

[Image: th?id=OIP.mejcO-RXQOFG5yavYH3RXgHaFP&pid...=268&h=191]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2020, 01:13 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I'm not a GM or a football coach, but if I was, Ross would not be on my radar at all despite the speed and potential. No confidence, no effort, nothing but whining and feel sorry for himself the entire time he's been here. He should probably be a social worker or something. Football doesnt seem like a good gig for him.

That pretty much sums it up.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2020, 09:05 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: John doesn't read this forum, sorry.

Why not? Not like he is busy playing football or something.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2020, 08:33 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I just read that teams are interested but the Bengals would rather let him walk in March then trade him... I’m confused, why?

Just a guess, but they are probably only getting offers of late round picks.  If he walks away in FA, he will become a part of the compensatory formula.  They probably feel his value in the compensatory formula is more than the late round pick received directly in trade.
Reply/Quote