Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross on leave
(08-17-2020, 12:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You keep misspelling "Baby Momma". Every article I have read says "John Ross' son and the boy's mother" Nowhere have I seen the term "wife" used, and I don't see anything on the internet about him getting married.

I guess what boils down for me is this. Is the boy sick, or did he just test positive. If he's sick, Ross made the right decision. If the boy just tested positive, but like 10's of thousands of people is asymptomatic, then Ross just screwed the whole team and should not come back until he's been quarantined for a month.

1.) That's how I initially read the headline. If you google John Ross Covid this is one of the first things that appear:

https://dknation.draftkings.com/2020/8/12/21364994/john-ross-family-training-camp-covid-19-coronavirus-bengals-tee-higgins

Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver John Ross has left training camp to care for his wife and sone, who both tested positive for Covid-19, per NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo. Ross wasn’t at camp yesterday and will likely be put on the Reserve/Covid-19 while he is away. A timetable for his return is, of course, unknown.

2.) Who really cares if it's wife or the mother of his child?  I'm not sure how this distinction is at all relevant the discussion.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 12:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You keep misspelling "Baby Momma". Every article I have read says "John Ross' son and the boy's mother" Nowhere have I seen the term "wife" used, and I don't see anything on the internet about him getting married.

I guess what boils down for me is this. Is the boy sick, or did he just test positive. If he's sick, Ross made the right decision. If the boy just tested positive, but like 10's of thousands of people is asymptomatic, then Ross just screwed the whole team and should not come back until he's been quarantined for a month.

How do you know John Ross has even had direct contact with either of them?  Maybe he went back to get some financials in order, and to secure proper care for them while they're in quarantine.

The point is, we don't know anything other than that he left to deal with this.  We don't even know what this exactly entails.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 01:41 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29648125/bengals-place-receiver-john-ross-reserve-covid-19-list
1.) That's how I initially read the headline. If you google John Ross Covid this is one of the first things that appear:

https://dknation.draftkings.com/2020/8/12/21364994/john-ross-family-training-camp-covid-19-coronavirus-bengals-tee-higgins

Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver John Ross has left training camp to care for his wife and sone, who both tested positive for Covid-19, per NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo. Ross wasn’t at camp yesterday and will likely be put on the Reserve/Covid-19 while he is away. A timetable for his return is, of course, unknown.

2.) Who really cares if it's wife or the mother of his child?  I'm not sure how this distinction is at all relevant the discussion.

I think it's a huge distinction. If it's his wife or someone he is currently in a relationship with, that's one thing. If it's a girl he had a kid with in college and doesn't see anymore except when he picks up his kid, that's something else. Now obviously, his kid is his kid regardless. Here's what I get when I google him...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29648125/bengals-place-receiver-john-ross-reserve-covid-19-list

Quote:Ross, one of the team's projected starters, reportedly left camp after his 3-year-old son and his son's mother tested positive for the virushttps://www.nfl.com/news/john-ross-leaves-bengals-camp-after-son-tests-positive-for-covid-19 according to the NFL Network.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2904317-bengals-wr-john-ross-iii-placed-on-reservecovid-19-list

Quote:NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Ross' son and the son's mother tested positive for COVID-19.

https://www.nfl.com/news/john-ross-leaves-bengals-camp-after-son-tests-positive-for-covid-19

Quote:
Quote:The wideout left to care for his young son after both the boy and the boy's mother tested positive for COVID-19, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo and Tom Pelissero reported Wednesday, per sources informed of the situation.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 01:48 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: How do you know John Ross has even had direct contact with either of them?  Maybe he went back to get some financials in order, and to secure proper care for them while they're in quarantine.

The point is, we don't know anything other than that he left to deal with this.  We don't even know what this exactly entails.

He has an agent and one would assume a lawyer, who could do all that for him. He's a millionaire for crying out loud, he has people and could hire live in healthcare if he wanted. But you are right, everything is supposition.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 01:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He has an agent and one would assume a lawyer, who could do all that for him. He's a millionaire for crying out loud. But you are right, everything is supposition.

Yep.  Everything is supposition.

Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver John Ross has left training camp to care for his wife and son, who both tested positive for Covid-19.

Don't know if he is married or not, but to me it makes no difference. 
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 01:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't know if he is married or not, but to me it makes no difference. 

Spoken like a tart at our local bar.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 01:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think it's a huge distinction. If it's his wife or someone he is currently in a relationship with, that's one thing. If it's a girl he had a kid with in college and doesn't see anymore except when he picks up his kid, that's something else. Now obviously, his kid is his kid regardless. Here's what I get when I google him...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29648125/bengals-place-receiver-john-ross-reserve-covid-19-list

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2904317-bengals-wr-john-ross-iii-placed-on-reservecovid-19-list

https://www.nfl.com/news/john-ross-leaves-bengals-camp-after-son-tests-positive-for-covid-19

It is pretty silly to assume that just because a couple are not married then that means they only see each other to exchange the child.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 02:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is pretty silly to assume that just because a couple are not married then that means they only see each other to exchange the child.

This.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 02:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Spoken like a tart at our local bar.

I wouldn’t call yourself a tart.
Reply/Quote
Maybe he went to see them to get infected and become inactive with the team and prolong his rookie status.ha! Tongue
Reply/Quote
The title and status of John Ross’ S.O. has to be one the sillier things I’ve seen being argued about on this board. And that’s really saying something.

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 06:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The title and status of John Ross’ S.O. has to be one the sillier things I’ve seen being argued about on this board. And that’s really saying something.

For the life of me I can't figure out the reason Sled would have such an issue with this distinction.  Wife, girlfriend, baby mama... Who cares?  What difference does it make?

Then he proceeds to speculate even further that maybe he doesn't have much of relationship with her.  It's bananas.

The man had some stuff he had to go take care of.  None of us have any clue what all that stuff actually means, and who it all may effect.  Why not just wish him the best with everything and hope it all works out?  Is that really that hard to do?
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 02:11 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I wouldn’t call yourself a tart.

Every time I hear the word tart I'm reminded of the Arrested Development scene where Tobias gets the "Anus Tart" liscense plate. 

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 06:56 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: For the life of me I can't figure out the reason Sled would have such an issue with this distinction.  Wife, girlfriend, baby mama... Who cares?  What difference does it make?

Then he proceeds to speculate even further that maybe he doesn't have much of relationship with her.  It's bananas.

The man had some stuff he had to go take care of.  None of us have any clue what all that stuff actually means, and who it all may effect.  Why not just wish him the best with everything and hope it all works out?  Is that really that hard to do?

If he doesn't have much of a relationship with her, then it's all the more reason to go.  Very likely they will be in court over custody, visitation, and/or child support in the next 18 years and you don't want to hand her lawyer the "your son had COVID-19 and you didn't come take care of him while I was unable to" card.
Reply/Quote
All family stuff aside, this just gave the ross fanboys another excuse for john boy. Now when he underperforms again, it’ll be because his fam was dealing with covid.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 10:24 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: All family stuff aside, this just gave the ross fanboys another excuse for john boy. Now when he underperforms again, it’ll be because his fam was dealing with covid.

If he doesn’t perform again (and maybe even if he does) he’ll be gone anyway. So it won’t really matter what his “fanboys” say.

Reply/Quote
This is ok. Hopefully his fam is ok. We just need him for the games that count.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 10:24 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: All family stuff aside, this just gave the ross fanboys another excuse for john boy. Now when he underperforms again, it’ll be because his fam was dealing with covid.

Who is a fan boy of John Ross? You’re either in the “he could get better, love it if he did, but not getting my hopes up” group or the “he’s a POS group”...

I haven’t seen anyone be like “we need this guy, he’s the best wr!”
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 02:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is pretty silly to assume that just because a couple are not married then that means they only see each other to exchange the child.

I know you probably glossed over it in your usual desire to be disagreeable, but I didn't assume anything, I said "IF" and gave 2 scenarios. 

Quote:If it's his wife or someone he is currently in a relationship with, that's one thing. If it's a girl he had a kid with in college and doesn't see anymore except when he picks up his kid, that's something else.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 06:56 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Then he proceeds to speculate even further that maybe he doesn't have much of relationship with her.  It's bananas.

No, what's bananas is the lack of reading comprehension. See my response to Fred. I didn't speculate either way, I used the word "If" and gave to separate scenarios. 

I do wish John Ross all the best. I have always said I hope he turns into the best receiver in the league. We'll see how everyone's feelings go IF he returns to the team and there is subsequent outbreak of Covid in the locker room and we lose Burrow or Mixon. HINT: I said IF, which is not saying it will happen for those who have problems reading the word.
Reply/Quote