Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross on leave
(08-16-2020, 12:36 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Maybe it’s just your reading comprehension?

Perhaps.

Let's see if ours differ. 

Did you read personal insults in the post I quoted? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2020, 04:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Kurt Warner also won a Super Bowl and played in 3 total.

Chad started in 2 playoff games, losing both. He did not start in the playoff games with the Patriots and was a non-factor in those games (1 catch, 21 yards combined).

While I get your argument that he was among the league's best in a 3-5 year stretch, there are plenty of arguments to be made as to why he won't get voted in. People didn't like his attitude/personality, didn't do well in playoffs, plenty of other receivers ahead of him statistically who haven't gotten in yet.

I hear ya, but I think this was a select few around here.  I think his attitude was overall very positive and he wanted to win.  Compared to so many diva WRs, I think Chad was a great teammate.  
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2020, 07:12 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: No you don't; if you did, you wouldn't have said that.

So you think if a player we think might not make the team indicates we dislike them ??  I said early in the summer.. I don;t see Ross as a lock now with the his contract he probably will make the team and with no preseason games that helps him over more bubble players but no way do i think he is a lock but none of that is personal it is roster and performance evaluation. 
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2020, 11:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I hear ya, but I think this was a select few around here.  I think his attitude was overall very positive and he wanted to win.  Compared to so many diva WRs, I think Chad was a great teammate.  

I wasn't referring to Bengals fans, I was referring to NFL fans of other teams. Talking with many other fans of other teams over the years, they didn't like his "antics." But I absolutely loved Chad. His TD celebration where he pulled presents out of the giant stocking and handed them to fans was fantastic.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2020, 11:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I hear ya, but I think this was a select few around here.  I think his attitude was overall very positive and he wanted to win.  Compared to so many diva WRs, I think Chad was a great teammate.  

The word diva is the problem.. Chad at times was a diva... I prefer the AJ Greens of the word.. also a very good WR and teammate but minus the antics...
Reply/Quote
Since Hobson referred to Ross in latest article it leads me to believe Ross will rejoin team shortly.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2020, 12:56 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: But there was a two year period that you could say Chad was the best in the NFL.  Not Roddy White.  It isn't always compiling, but how you compared with your peers in a given time frame.  Look at my guy Kurt Warner.  

Chad had a 3 yr span where he finished 3, 1 and 3 in yards in the NFL. I think that combined with his personality lifts him in most peoples eyes. Statistically speaking, it's eerie how close they are. Each had a 2 yr and a 6 year span where they're very comparable and their career numbers are very similar.

RW 2yr--215 catches 2685 yards   18 tds (best back to back years)
CJ 2 yr--184 catches  2801yards   16 tds (best back to back years)

RW 6yr--563 catches 7773 yards   49 tds (consecutive years)
CJ 6yr--531 catches 8036 yards  48 tds (consecutive years)

Rankings in yards for the 6 yr span (total NFL):
RW-- 8, 4, 13, 2, 8, 9
CJ-- 15, 4, 6, 3, 1, 3
Roddy has a total of 44 and Chad has a total of 32 which averages out to 2 spots higher--for Chad-- on average, per year. 

RW career--11 yrs 171 gms 808 catches 10863 yards  63 tds
CJ career--11 yrs 166 gms 766 catches 11059 yards  67 tds

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
To be honest, some of the things said in this thread I have found to be really unsavory, for people to question a persons commitment for placing their child before a job or a sporting team is jarring. Honestly I want to work with and support people who have values similar to myself and someone who puts work or a sporting team before family is not someone I can connect with.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2020, 01:09 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps.

Let's see if ours differ. 

Did you read personal insults in the post I quoted? 

I read you questioned someone’s commitment to their job because they prioritize their family’s health. I would definitely consider that a “dis,” but not you.

Maybe it’s your reading comprehension?
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2020, 08:18 PM)AussieBengal Wrote: To be honest, some of the things said in this thread I have found to be really unsavory, for people to question a persons commitment for placing their child before a job or a sporting team is jarring. Honestly I want to work with and support people who have values similar to myself and someone who puts work or a sporting team before family is not someone I can connect with.

Agreed.. this has nothing to do with his desire to play which can be debated but not using the Virus in the conversation. 
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2020, 10:16 AM)BengalChris Wrote: IMO, he's done with the Bengals. People just haven't realized that yet.

For all intents and purposes, he's decided to go be with infected people and he's likely already infected. He'll get out of shape, as sick people do. He'll recover from the virus, at some point. He might return then, and he'll practice for a week or so, then he'll have some tightness in his hammy, which will sideline him for a few more weeks. Then the season will be over, unless the team makes the playoffs. To expect something different out of him would be rather silly.

Just scratch that #11 off the roster. I'm certain that's what Taylor has already done.

The dumbest thing I have ever read on here....
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2020, 06:46 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Here are some things to maybe consider regarding John Ross.  I think some on here have been way too quick to rush to judgement or speculate about his situation.  The fact is there is much more to consider than many may be lead to believe. And there is a lot that none of us have any clue about.

1.) Maybe he's not planning on staying, nor having direct contact. Maybe he's just going back to get his house in order, so to speak, and he plans on returning shortly.

2.) Maybe his wife and/or son are already showing somewhat severe symptoms. It may be hard for a sick mother to care for a a child.

3.) Maybe his wife and son have had contact with Ross' parents and 5 siblings recently. And maybe there's already other cases in the family. Or maybe they're fearful of, or are anticipating that there could be additional cases in the family.

4.) Maybe his wife or son are immunocomprimised.

5.) Maybe his immediate family is immunocomprimised.

I've said some of this earlier, but there is much that surrounds a family regarding a positive test, outside of it physical effects.  There's securing food and neccessities while in quarantine. There's doctor's appointments. There's scheduling issues. There could be schooling issues for their son, who had planned on starting in a few weeks.

Leaving all of that on the plate of one woman, who very well may be feeling pretty damn awful right now, is a lot to handle.  Maybe she's scared?  Maybe she's overwhelmed?  Maybe she needs help?

The fact is, everything I just mentioned are things we know nothing about.  So I find it incredibly unfair to start to question whether or not he wants to play, or his dedication to his team.  For all we know, he could be back next week.  And if he isn't, and he's dealing with any of the above, shame on you for judging him.

Lastly, I just wanted to share that if you think he doesn't want to play this season, I think you're nuts.  The man is in a contract year.  He came into the league after the rookie wage scale was put into place, and he made a lot less than the former first round picks that came before him.  I'm not saying he's not rich, but he certainly hasn't scratched the surface of what this league can offer financially.

A solid season probably nets him another 20 mil contact.  A good season probably nets him a 40 mil contract.  A great season may net him 60+ mil.  He's got a ton on the line. If he misses time and comes back late he's most likely future sacrficing dollars.

So let's just assume he's making this decision with the best of intentions. And let's let it play out before we bring the man's desire to play ball into question.

You keep misspelling "Baby Momma". Every article I have read says "John Ross' son and the boy's mother" Nowhere have I seen the term "wife" used, and I don't see anything on the internet about him getting married.

I guess what boils down for me is this. Is the boy sick, or did he just test positive. If he's sick, Ross made the right decision. If the boy just tested positive, but like 10's of thousands of people is asymptomatic, then Ross just screwed the whole team and should not come back until he's been quarantined for a month.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 12:44 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I read you questioned someone’s commitment to their job because they prioritize their family’s health. I would definitely consider that a “dis,” but not you.

Maybe it’s your reading comprehension?

My limited reading comprehension leads me to feel like you didn't answer the question I posed. But that person and I have come to an understanding. So your commentary is no longer required. Thanks for trying to help.

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 12:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You keep misspelling "Baby Momma". Every article I have read says "John Ross' son and the boy's mother" Nowhere have I seen the term "wife" used, and I don't see anything on the internet about him getting married.

I guess what boils down for me is this. Is the boy sick, or did he just test positive. If he's sick, Ross made the right decision. If the boy just tested positive, but like 10's of thousands of people is asymptomatic, then Ross just screwed the whole team and should not come back until he's been quarantined for a month.

Maybe the boy's mother is sick and can't take care of him.  We don't know the entire situation, but that baby is only 3 and his daddy is where he needs to be as a parent

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 12:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You keep misspelling "Baby Momma". Every article I have read says "John Ross' son and the boy's mother" Nowhere have I seen the term "wife" used, and I don't see anything on the internet about him getting married.

Why do you keep using the term "baby momma" instead of "mother of his child"?

The term "baby momma" usually refers to a woman who is not the partner of the child's father.  Do you know if they were living together in a relationship or not?

But my main question is "What difference does it make?"  Would it be okay if he left if he was married to the woman?  Why are you making such a big deal out of it?
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 12:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: My limited reading comprehension leads me to feel like you didn't answer the question I posed. But that person and I have come to an understanding. So your commentary is no longer required. Thanks for trying to help.

I answered your question. You just don’t like the answer. Maybe you shouldn’t get so wrapped up in your emotions and insults.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 01:25 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I answered your question. You just don’t like the answer. Maybe you shouldn’t get so wrapped up in your emotions and insults.

Yes, you're right. Thank you for allowing me to see the error of my ways.

Reply/Quote

Even if they are both positive and asymptomatic they need to self isolate for a minimum of 10 days before resuming their normal activities. That means not leaving the house for basic necessities.

Your family is your responsibility. Not someone else’s.

Jesus, they didn’t even have padded practices until today.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 01:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, you're right. Thank you for allowing me to see the error of my ways.

When someone went on emergency leave after receiving a Red Cross message, did you ever question their commitment to the Army?
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 01:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why do you keep using the term "baby momma" instead of "mother of his child"?

The term "baby momma" usually refers to a woman who is not the partner of the child's father.  Do you know if they were living together in a relationship or not?

But my main question is "What difference does it make?"  Would it be okay if he left if he was married to the woman?  Why are you making such a big deal out of it?

The fact that not one article that I read anywhere used the term wife, girlfriend, live in or partner. Every single one of them stated "the boys mother", which to me denotes they are not together. And yes, I think if they were married it makes a difference. And I'm not making a big deal of it, just pointing out a fallacy. You know, playing Fred.
Reply/Quote