Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
John Ross record breaking pace.
(09-17-2019, 01:14 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Good for Ross and good for Andy.

Honestly have no idea how Andy has done as well as he has done with our pathetic o line and worse running game.

Throwing the ball 50 times a game is going to net some yards. But yeah, they still have to make the plays.

Ross and Boyd have been about the only bright spot through 2 games tbh.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 01:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: You post it as a negative but

It is a negative. 
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 01:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He leads the league in passes dropped too:

A bit early for this stat.  

Historically, players who lead the league in dropped passes are really good players.  See:  Terrell "Lobster Claws" Owens
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 01:28 PM)Wilikn Wrote: A bit early for this stat.  

Historically, players who lead the league in dropped passes are really good players.  See:  Terrell "Lobster Claws" Owens

Agreed. The positives clearly outweigh the negatives so far. I'm used to seeing the ball slap off the hands of Bengals receivers. I'm not used to a guy not named AJ Green making big plays every week.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 06:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: John Ross is leading the league in receiving yards with 270.  

He is on pace to finish with 2160 yds, 24 tds, and 24.5 yards per catch breaking the following records

Receiving yards in a season.....1964 Calvin Johnson '12
Receiving yards per game...…..129.0 Wes Chandler '92
Receiving tds………………………..23 Randy Moss '07
Yards per catch (min 50 rec)....24.0 Eddie Brown '88

It is no secret that blazing speed is MAJOR for a WR.
Back in the day....2 great wideouts were Bob Hayes and Fred Billetnikoff.    VERY different.You need to KNOW that. Ross is rather like Hayes.
He did NOT thrive trying to be Billetnikoff (neither diid Jerry Rice).

ANYWAYS..............ROSS is super fast.  He's not "best hands" but IF you use him right...BOOM.
Reply/Quote
I will be curious to see how this team looks if we can get a healthy Green, Ross, Boyd, Mixon and Eifert on the field at the same time. Be a good litmus test for Taylor. First year coaches usually don't have that many weapons to play with
Reply/Quote
With 16 games a season, I don't put much stock in "on pace" after two games. The Jets are on pace to lose 14 more QBs this season. He also had less yards in the second game, so he will have under 50 yards per game at the bye.
Reply/Quote
That last td was exceptional the way he turned on the afterburner and smoked past everyone. Really liking what I have seen so far. The drops are whatever to me as long as he keeps up the td's
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 02:50 PM)Brimey Wrote: I will be curious to see how this team looks if we can get a healthy Green, Ross, Boyd, Mixon and Eifert on the field at the same time. Be a good litmus test for Taylor. First year coaches usually don't have that many weapons to play with

Well it wont matter unless the defense starts tackling 
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 10:00 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Well it wont matter unless the defense starts tackling 

Right, I'm specifically talking about Taylor's ability to create an explosive offense. If he can't do it with those weapons all together and healthy, I'm going to be a lot more cynical.

The D doesn't have the bodies to be fixed unfortunately
Reply/Quote
Who would have ever thought that Ross would be at this point before the season started with all the negatives?So does this mean that our O line could possibly do the same thing?If that happens we might be looking looking at the playoffs.haha
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 11:05 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Who would have ever thought that Ross would be at this point before the season started with all the negatives?So does this mean that our O line could possibly do the same thing?If that happens we might be looking looking at the playoffs.haha

Why stop there? Super Bowl!
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 10:47 PM)Brimey Wrote: Right, I'm specifically talking about Taylor's ability to create an explosive offense. If he can't do it with those weapons all together and healthy, I'm going to be a lot more cynical.

The D doesn't have the bodies to be fixed unfortunately

Yeah, if the D isn't going to pick it up consistently, then the O needs to be like the young Sam Wyche 1986 offense. Up and down the field, scoring points all day. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I get a kick out of this "on pace for X yards or TDs" after just two games.. Suppose the first pass of Andy's season had been a 98 yard TD to someone. How would that "pace" have looked? On pace for 400 TD's and a million yards after 1 pass? 
Personally I think it really ought to go more than just two games before we start with the "on pace for's"... Zac is on pace for 16 losses and zero wins..expand that to ten years down the road he's on pace for 0 wins and 160 losses.. Sounds like Mikey's kind of HC! 

Meanwhile back in Lalaland Joe Mixon has a grand total of 27 yards as opposed to Ross's 270.. He's on pace for 216 yards for the season as a starter "Bell cow" .. hmmmm..

OH! OH! Andy's on pace to throw for 5832 yards.. Yeah..that's a sure bet.. Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 11:05 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Who would have ever thought that Ross would be at this point before the season started with all the negatives?So does this mean that our O line could possibly do the same thing?If that happens we might be looking looking at the playoffs.haha

Ross looked dynamic in game 1, but I'm not so sure about game 2.  Dalton threw the ball 42 times and Ross caught a TD when the game had been over for 2 hours or so...unless you had Ross in fantasy I don't see how encouraging that is.  We will see how week 3 goes, but I'd just throw everything from the 49ers game other than that Eifert TD in the "meh" file.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 10:47 PM)Brimey Wrote: The D doesn't have the bodies to be fixed unfortunately

I disagree.

If our defense was that lacking in talent the Seahawks would have blown us out also.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 06:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: John Ross is leading the league in receiving yards with 270.  

He is on pace to finish with 2160 yds, 24 tds, and 24.5 yards per catch breaking the following records

Receiving yards in a season.....1964 Calvin Johnson '12
Receiving yards per game...…..129.0 Wes Chandler '92
Receiving tds………………………..23 Randy Moss '07
Yards per catch (min 50 rec)....24.0 Eddie Brown '88

Bengals are on pace for a record tying 0-16 season.

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 10:11 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Ross, too little too late. I hope he stays a Bengal forever and suffers equally.

I will pray for you, it must suck getting out of bed every day with that mentality.
I never want anyone to suffer including those filled with ate in their heart.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 01:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He leads the league in passes dropped too:

http://scores.nbcsports.com/fb/leaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

I am not sure how they calculate drops, but I saw Hopkins drop 2 in the first quarter of game #1, a third in the 1st quarter I would call a drop.

Yet, he is not on the list? I am not disputing the Ross drops, just others that are missing.
To me, if you get both hands on the ball, it is a drop if you do not secure it. I am not saying diving catches, but normal catch.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I’m on pace to have 24 wives by the time I’m 80.
Reply/Quote