Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross to IR
So we have Dennard, Ross, and Jonah on IR...can only bring 2 back.

I think Jonah is a longshot.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 04:19 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: At this point I would take him. He couldn’t possibly make the Bengals any worse than they already are.

Mike Brown would never give out money to someone so risky for the low chance it wins a couple more games.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ross was injury prone before his selection in 2017 by the Bengals. I still wanted OJ Howard as I know Ochocinco and others did as well. I am starting to believe the Bengals should just trade out of the first round. Can someone list past first rounders that were injured for the Bengals? Maybe start a different thread in the draft sub-forum....
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 04:27 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Ross was injury prone before his selection in 2017 by the Bengals.  I still wanted OJ Howard as I know Ochocinco and others did as well.  I am starting to believe the Bengals should just trade out of the first round.  Can someone list past first rounders that were injured for the Bengals?  Maybe start a different thread in the draft sub-forum....

Even guys that looked like solid Pro's like William Jackson look lost now. Poor coaching does that.

And I know people didn't like Marvin, but him and his staff were A LOT better than these guys.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 04:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Even guys that looked like solid Pro's like William Jackson look lost now. Poor coaching does that.

And I know people didn't like Marvin, but him and his staff were A LOT better than these guys.

So far yes.  The only players I have seen improve are Hopkins and maybe Billings and Boyd.   It seems like Finley was having a rough camp but the QB whispering apparently helped him improve as well.   It just seems the Bengals have had an inordinate amount of first round whiffs or injuries.  It is maddening.   
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 04:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So we have Dennard, Ross, and Jonah on IR...can only bring 2 back.

I think Jonah is a longshot.

Pretty sure Dennard never practiced in preseason so he was never put on season ending IR (IR where only 2 players can come back), so he does not count.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 04:33 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: So far yes.  The only players I have seen improve are Hopkins and maybe Billings and Boyd.   It seems like Finley was having a rough camp but the QB whispering apparently helped him improve as well.   It just seems the Bengals have had an inordinate amount of first round whiffs or injuries.  It is maddening.   

Their problem is they keep thinking they got a bargain by getting a top talent later due to injury.
They also think their roster is good enough that they can afford a 1st round pick not contributing immediately.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
And the hits just keep coming Sick
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 04:39 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Pretty sure Dennard never practiced in preseason so he was never put on season ending IR (IR where only 2 players can come back), so he does not count.

Same with Jonah Williams. Both he and Dennard are on PUP, not IR.
Ross and Phillips are on IR.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 04:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Their problem is they keep thinking they got a bargain by getting a top talent later due to injury.
They also think their roster is good enough that they can afford a 1st round pick not contributing immediately.

But why not just trade down into the second round then?  Why not gain more draft picks?  This first round miss has been an ongoing issue for the Bengals.  It truly is maddening.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 04:48 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: But why not just trade down into the second round then?  Why not gain more draft picks?  This first round miss has been an ongoing issue for the Bengals.  It truly is maddening.  

Because, in theory, you get better talented players the earlier you draft.
The Bengals shouldn't avoid the first round because they are inept at selecting good players. They should do more research and hire more people to select better players in Rd 1.

EDIT - Also, after the selection of Drew Sample, I'm not confident in their 2nd round selections either.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 04:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Their problem is they keep thinking they got a bargain by getting a top talent later due to injury.

Ogbuehi was the only one they thought they got a bargain for because of injury.

Price was expected to be fit to start the season, Ross was a top 10 pick. Williams didn't get injured until training camp. Jackson as well.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 05:02 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Ogbuehi was the only one they thought they got a bargain for because of injury.

Price was expected to be fit to start the season, Ross was a top 10 pick. Williams didn't get injured until training camp. Jackson as well.

Ced was projected 2nd Round by a lot.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 04:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Because, in theory, you get better talented players the earlier you draft.
The Bengals shouldn't avoid the first round because they are inept at selecting good players. They should do more research and hire more people to select better players in Rd 1.

From 2004 to 2019 (Total of 17 players), the Bengals have selected a player that was either injured or considered non-productive 9 times.  I still have high hopes for Williams and Price but still.  That is approximately a 53% miss rate.  I agree, the Bengals need to expand the drafting personnel however.  

Looking at correlations of NFL league average from 2010 - 2015, Over 67% NFL players have started.  The data supports your premise that first rounders have a greater chance to start and have greater chance of staying in the league longer than the average of 3.3 years.  So maybe the Bengals need to avoid injured players regardless of talent, avoid character issues regardless of talent, and select a player that has a greater chance of starting correct?  

Then there is the Bengal franchise curse or whatever it is, some say it is Bengal-hell.  But first rounders get these freak injuries.  Price did not have injury flags.  I do not believe Williams had injury flags.  Ross did, however, which is why many were pissed by the selection.  Same goes for Ced.  This is maddening!
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 04:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Because, in theory, you get better talented players the earlier you draft.

EDIT - Also, after the selection of Drew Sample, I'm not confident in their 2nd round selections either.

I think the Sample pick was a panic pick because their guy in Risner was plucked before they could make the pick.  Maybe the Bengals should be more aggressive and trade to get their guy.  Please.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 03:55 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: season lost anyway who cares. Glad I traded Mixon, Dalton, Eifert today in my fantasy league. Only Bengal I have left is Boyd

How desperate was the other guy, geez. 

P.S. I have Boyd (only Bengal) and am holding onto him at least for a few more weeks unless he gets hurt.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
I just heard Tyler Eifert call John Ross soft

Well the good thing is: Now next year will be his Rookie Year
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 05:14 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think the Sample pick was a panic pick because their guy in Risner was plucked before they could make the pick.  Maybe the Bengals should be more aggressive and trade to get their guy.  Please.  

the sample pick made some sense until we decided to only run 11 personel…    we have 3 good TEs and no WRs why are we not running 2 TE looks.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 05:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: the sample pick made some sense until we decided to only run 11 personel…    we have 3 good TEs and no WRs why are we not running 2 TE looks.

That is a good question.  I do not understand why they do not use 2 TE sets.  God knows the Line needs help.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 04:16 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Great video of TJ getting rocked then keeping his feet inbounds and getting the TD.
We forget just how awesome those 3 were with Palmer

It's actually Jermaine Gresham catching a TD from Andy Dalton in 2013.

ThumbsUp 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote