“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Shocking Whatever
Reply/Quote
DId we trade Fat Randy?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
He hears better than he sees?
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 11:36 PM)Shady Wrote: DId we trade Fat Randy?

unfortunately no.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 11:37 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: He hears better than he sees?

I think this is M. Brown's call.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 11:37 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: unfortunately no.  

Then I have a new jersey idea: "F-U Marvin"
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
That's what I don't get. If there is no competition why was Brown doing all the kicking? If Bullock is the kicker they are going with no matter what then why not give him the opportunities in preseason? You know to get some game time kicks, for example from 55 yards, like the one Brown nailed with room to spare? Are they afraid Bullock will get hurt or something kicking a field goal in preseason? Or is this some standard weird response from Marvin that might mean later there really is a competition? If not, are they just letting Brown kick in the preseason games to audition for another team? I don't get it. I am not sure how they have been comparing in practice, but I'd like to hope there is still a chance at a competition between the two.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Did he say the job is not Brown's?

Could mean that Brown has already won the job...
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 11:47 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: That's what I don't get. If there is no competition why was Brown doing all the kicking?  If Bullock is the kicker they are going with no matter what then why not give him the opportunities in preseason?  You know to get some game time kicks, for example from 55 yards, like the one Brown nailed with room to spare?  Are they afraid Bullock will get hurt or something kicking a field goal in preseason?  Or is this some standard weird response from Merv that might mean later there really is a competition?  If not, are they just letting Brown kick in the preseason games to audition for another team?  I don't get it.  I am not sure how they have been comparing in practice, but I'd like to hope there is still a chance at a competition between the two.

Keep in mind that Jon Brown has only made three FGs in the NFL game, so very small sample size to consider keeping him over Bullock.  That said, I don't think Bullock makes that 55 yard FG and I don't think his leg strength for KO is anything like Brown's leg strength.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 11:53 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Did he say the job is not Brown's?

Could mean that Brown has already won the job...

It means that Bullock is the kicker for the Bengals.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 11:47 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: That's what I don't get. If there is no competition why was Brown doing all the kicking?  If Bullock is the kicker they are going with no matter what then why not give him the opportunities in preseason?  You know to get some game time kicks, for example from 55 yards, like the one Brown nailed with room to spare?  Are they afraid Bullock will get hurt or something kicking a field goal in preseason?  Or is this some standard weird response from Merv that might mean later there really is a competition?  If not, are they just letting Brown kick in the preseason games to audition for another team?  I don't get it.  I am not sure how they have been comparing in practice, but I'd like to hope there is still a chance at a competition between the two.

you rarely find a team with just one kicker in training camp and early preseason.. for example Dallas also had a second kicker tonight and that kicker has no chance on making team.  Bullock secured the job last year and performed well and has also been fine in the preseason.  at least if something happens during camp to Bullock , they have put Brown out there to gain confidence.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 11:56 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: you rarely find a team with just one kicker in training camp and early preseason.. for example Dallas also had a second kicker tonight and that kicker has no chance on making team.  Bullock secured the job last year and performed well and has also been fine in the preseason.  at least if something happens during camp to Bullock , they have put Brown out there to gain confidence.

I also think the FO is attempting to get Brown exposure so that he has a chance to play in the NFL.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 11:55 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Keep in mind that Jon Brown has only made three FGs in the NFL game, so very small sample size to consider keeping him over Bullock.  That said, I don't think Bullock makes that 55 yard FG and I don't think his leg strength for KO is anything like Brown's leg strength.  

Yeah, I am aware of that.  It just seems to me that if Bullock is a lock maybe they should have put him out there for that 55 yard attempt.  You know to work on accuracy from distance in a real game scenario and all.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 11:32 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Sorry to inform fans of Jon Brown.  According to Marvin Lewis:
"There is not kicking competition"

Because John Brown has already won the job ...  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 11:58 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I also think the FO is attempting to get Brown exposure so that he has a chance to play in the NFL.  

Possible but really that is not why an Organization has two kickers in a camp when they are set on their #1 kicker.. just like other positions, they are camp bodies.. saves the leg of the main kicker, also gives them an idea if something would happen could the #2 kicker be the answer as a replacement etc..
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 12:00 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Yeah, I am aware of that.  It just seems to me that if Bullock is a lock maybe they should have put him out there for that 55 yard attempt.  You know to work on accuracy from distance in a real game scenario and all.

In a real game, Marvin would have punt in that situation...
Bullock makes kicks and is far better than Nugent but I still sit on the edge of my seat because his kicks fly close to the Goal posts it seems.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 11:58 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I also think the FO is attempting to get Brown exposure so that he has a chance to play in the NFL.  

True and/or hopes he does good and stashes him on the ps. Then when a team needs a kicker which will happen, they get compensated if he gets picked up.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
When we are in the SB this year, if we lose by 3, I’m gonna be upset.

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 12:11 AM)Millhouse Wrote: True and/or hopes he does good and stashes him on the ps. Then when a team needs a kicker which will happen, they get compensated if he gets picked up.

My fear is that Bullock doesn't perform well or suffers a set back of some sort and Brown is with another team.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote