Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jon Kitna interviewing for QB coach
(01-10-2018, 04:33 PM)ElderStatesman Wrote: 4th and long. Defense playing for postseason

On the road.

There was a 99.5% chance Balt wins that game.

Haha. The fact you cant identify the luck of that play is astounding

You make absolutely no sense. The line gave Andy a little bit of time, he threw a great pass over the outstretched hands of a LB and hit a wide open Boyd, who out ran 2 DBs to get in the endzone. How is that luck or a fluke?  That seems like a perfectly execute play...
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 04:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You're new her so let me give you some advice:

I recommend you stop trying to explain the system and just except the fact that that like everything else in the history of the universe ESPN's QBR was solely designed to make Andy Dalton look less awesome than he truly is.  

They won't quit; they only multiply and get nastier.... Let's give Jon Kitna the respect he deserves in this thread. 

Rolleyes :giggle:

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 04:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You're new her so let me give you some advice:

I recommend you stop trying to explain the system and just except the fact that that like everything else in the history of the universe ESPN's QBR was solely designed to make Andy Dalton look less awesome than he truly is.  

They won't quit; they only multiply and get nastier.... Let's give Jon Kitna the respect he deserves in this thread. 

You're not new "her" but let me give you some advice, anyway:

I recommend you stop making shit up like that there are people that think some things were solely designed to make Andy Dalton look less awesome than he truly is. Literally NO ONE has made any comment that even comes close to sounding like that.

Maybe then people won't be so "nasty" to you. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 04:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: For this season?  I agree, but you said ALL seasons.......

Moving target.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 04:45 PM)McC Wrote: Moving target.

.....usually is. Smirk

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 04:43 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You're not new "her" but let me give you some advice, anyway:

I recommend you stop making shit up like that there are people that think some things were solely designed to make Andy Dalton look less awesome than he truly is. Literally NO ONE has made any comment that even comes close to sounding like that.

Maybe then people won't be so "nasty" to you. 

Just glad I was sitting when I read this.

WTS, carry on and my apologies for getting off topic. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 04:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just glad I was sitting when I read this.

Well, maybe you could provide one example, there being so many and all...
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
So is there any news on Kitna? Seems the searches have been really slow going. I'm not complaining though, as it at least makes it seem they're being careful.

Maybe they're waiting on some candidates that are still busy right now?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
His career Passer rating in the second half of games is 85

His career passer rating in the 4th quarter is 83

And his career passer rating in 3rd down is 83

All 3 marks well below avg
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 04:55 PM)ElderStatesman Wrote: His career Passer rating in the second half of games is 85

You must be talking about Kitna, the topic of the thread.  If so, who the hell cares but Kitna, the player.  He's not coming here to play.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 04:58 PM)McC Wrote: You must be talking about Kitna, the topic of the thread.  If so, who the hell cares but Kitna, the player.  He's not coming here to play.

No dalton. I get that it’s hard for you to digest multiple topics
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 02:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually the reason I don't like the QBR stat has nothing to do with where it ranks Dalton.  The problem I have is that no one knows what it really measures.  It seems kind of "made up".

I know exactly how to calculate Passer Rating, and Dalton has finished in the top half of the league 4 times in seven years.

If you want to look at something other than just pure passing stats then here is how Dalton ranks among the 35 active QB who have at least 1000 passing attempts since '11.

2nd in rushing tds

3rd in "fourth quarter comebacks"..https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=career&year_min=2011&year_max=2017&season_start=1&season_end=-1&pos=0&game_type=R&career_game_num_min=1&career_game_num_max=400&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&week_num_min=0&week_num_max=99&comeback=Y&is_active=Y&c5val=1.0&order_by=pass_td

4th in "game winning drives"..https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=career&year_min=2011&year_max=2017&season_start=1&season_end=-1&pos=0&game_type=R&career_game_num_min=1&career_game_num_max=400&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&week_num_min=0&week_num_max=99&gwd=Y&is_active=Y&c5val=1.0&order_by=pass_td

5th in lowest fumble rate (fumbles per [pass attempt + rush attempt])

So I am not exactly sure what QBR measures since Dalton ranks high in passing, rushing tds, clutch fourth quarter performances, and ball security.

(01-10-2018, 04:55 PM)ElderStatesman Wrote: His career Passer rating in the second half of games is 85

Hmm Popcorn

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 05:04 PM)ElderStatesman Wrote: No dalton. I get that it’s hard for you to digest multiple topics

Take it over here:

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-The-Ultimate-ALL-THINGS-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread?page=136
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 04:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So is there any news on Kitna? Seems the searches have been really slow going. I'm not complaining though, as it at least makes it seem they're being careful.

Maybe they're waiting on some candidates that are still busy right now?

I would think that would be the case.....at least I hope it is.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 04:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just glad I was sitting when I read this.

(01-10-2018, 04:53 PM)McC Wrote: Well, maybe you could provide one example, there being so many and all...

[Image: over-here-waiting-like.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 04:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I recommend you stop trying to explain the system and just except the fact that that like everything else in the history of the universe ESPN's QBR was solely designed to make Andy Dalton look less awesome than he truly is.  

And at the same time you demonstrated how to make a post calling all Dalton fans delusional without any facts at all to back up the claim.

And here I was actually trying to post facts to show how inaccurate a stat QBR is.  I almost forgot how things work around here.
Reply/Quote

Just curious, but what is the league wide passer rating in second half, 4th quarter, and third down?

Where can I find these stats?

For example I know that in 2017 the 4th quarter passer rating for the league was only 83.5.  Since passer rating has been going up every year I am pretty sure that a career fourth quarter passer rating of 83 is above average for 2011-2017.

Also 3rd down passer rating this year was only 82.1, and I assume it has been lower in previous years.  So how is Dalton's 83 rating "below average"?

Where are you coming up with your stats?
Reply/Quote
Makes sense. This has the feel that Lazor will be very active with the qb’s. Just like Jay. That will be a positive. Kitna will just be the technique and drill guy.

Hard to hire an established qb coach when the OC is that involved. Probably why we lost Urban.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 05:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: I would think that would be the case.....at least I hope it is.

Well we're down to just needing coaches for o-line and QB now, right?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 03:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I hate to interrupt the thread to talk about Kitna; however, I would love to have him as our QB coach. I've often wondered how we would have fared if we stuck with him and traded the 2003 #1 overall for a king's ransom.

I like Kitna also..seems to have a true love of the game... would be a good addition to the staff, not just on a QB level but a team level also. 
Reply/Quote