Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jonah Williams Injury Report
(01-16-2023, 11:53 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: draft a LT, let Jonah compete with Volson for the LG spot in 24. jonah would prob win. Although I know people here love them some volson. And then let Jonah walk after 2024

There is not likely a starting level LT available where we pick. And a FA starter who is better than Jonah is gonna be too expensive. 

Taking a RT or developmental LT in Rd2 or Rd3 is probably our best bet. I'd note that Collins has experience at guard as well. 

If we are able to retain a lot of our FAs (Bell, Bates, Hurst, Pratt, Apple, Perine), we will not have a lot of open spaces on the roster. Trading up should be considered. But it is a weak class in terms of OT (and even high level guards).

We are gonna need cheaper replacements at other spots as well (WR, DB, DT, DE, OG, OC, S, LB). We traded up twice last year. But moving up in the first will be more costly. 
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 06:03 PM)motoarch Wrote: I've only ever blocked 2 people.  Frank and Fred.

I thought about blocking Fred, but never followed through. Frank can be an asshole at times lol
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 04:13 PM)Tomkat Wrote: [Image: n8F3xxp.jpg]

I knew it was only a matter of time.

Let’s just hope it’s permanent this time. Only guy I’ve ever had to put on ignore in my 6+ years on this board.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 10:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Let’s just hope it’s permanent this time. Only guy I’ve ever had to put on ignore in my 6+ years on this board.

What did he do? Besides the usual
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 11:24 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: What did he do? Besides the usual

He has a tendency to call people insulting names. I was glad, however, to see that he'd deleted the post where he called me one. Showed some self awareness of how he treats people, and I felt more comfortable going back to that thread after the post had been deleted.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 11:24 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: What did he do? Besides the usual

No idea. Like I said, I have him on ignore. Not the first time they’ve banned him though. Hope it finally sticks.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 11:30 PM)Nepa Wrote: He has a tendency to call people insulting names. I was glad, however, to see that he'd deleted the post where he called me one. Showed some self awareness of how he treats people, and I felt more comfortable going back to that thread after the post had been deleted.

It was probably the mods that deleted it.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 11:30 PM)Nepa Wrote: He has a tendency to call people insulting names. I was glad, however, to see that he'd deleted the post where he called me one. Showed some self awareness of how he treats people, and I felt more comfortable going back to that thread after the post had been deleted.

People shouldnt be calling people names and I'm sure I've done it plenty of times here myself, but you shouldn't be feeling uncomfortable posting in a thread just because someone's being a jerk.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 04:13 PM)Tomkat Wrote: [Image: n8F3xxp.jpg]

I knew it was only a matter of time.

(01-17-2023, 06:03 PM)motoarch Wrote: I've only ever blocked 2 people.  Frank and Fred.

sup
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 10:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Let’s just hope it’s permanent this time. Only guy I’ve ever had to put on ignore in my 6+ years on this board.

how we doing
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 03:09 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: sup

Well that didn’t last long. Where’s Fred?
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 03:09 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: sup

The Grinch is back!
Reply/Quote

The coaches haven't given up on Jackson Carman yet Frank lol
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 04:06 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: He can put a brace on it and play.

If he were in for a huge contract I’d tell him don’t play, but honestly him finishing up the season may actually help his contract negotiations. Jonah has definitely not been given the tough label
-Housh
Reply/Quote

Welcome back.

I heard JW didn't practice today, does anyone know who took 1st team reps?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 08:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Welcome back.

I heard JW didn't practice today, does anyone know who took 1st team reps?

Jackson CArman

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 04:06 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: He can put a brace on it and play.

(01-18-2023, 06:47 PM)Housh Wrote: If he were in for a huge contract I’d tell him don’t play, but honestly him finishing up the season may actually help his contract negotiations. Jonah has definitely not been given the tough label

If he plays and worsens the injury/reinjures, he likely won't be healthy by March 15th so the Bengals can't cut him. Until March 15th his 5th year option is only guaranteed for injury. On March 15th it becomes fully guaranteed if he's on the roster.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 01:26 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Eh, with how well Pollack is getting at picking players to fit his scheme (like Lou did), I'd say I feel confident he can get a good OL prospect and build them up more.

Someone on Twitter made the suggestion to get Becton from NYJ who may need a change of scenery after two years of injury and draft a RT to replace LC. 

I personally would like a combo of Wright (Tenn) in rd 1 as a LC replacement and Bergeron in 3 as a Jonah replacement in waiting. He performed well against Murphy (a top 5-10 prospect) this season.

Edit: before anyone mentions JC, we all know that was a forced pick by MB from a recommendation of Piano Man. Even Pollacks attitude towards JC this season speaks volumes of that being the case.

If Becton is proven healthy ?  Then would love this move, dude is a beast and very agile for his size. Plus the Jets have found his replacement while he was injured and would probably be open to moving him. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 09:36 PM)Go Cards Wrote: If Becton is proven healthy ?  Then would love this move, dude is a beast and very agile for his size. Plus the Jets have found his replacement while he was injured and would probably be open to moving him. 

I mean, he's been hurt almost as much as Jonah. He may also be willing to take a "discount" if he comes here and flourishes with a coach that knows him. Now the only question I have is, does he have left right versatility or stuck in Jonah's spot? That is the key to what a trade for him would limit our value for trading for him.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 11:07 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: I mean, he's been hurt almost as much as Jonah. He may also be willing to take a "discount" if he comes here and flourishes with a coach that knows him. Now the only question I have is, does he have left right versatility or stuck in Jonah's spot? That is the key to what a trade for him would limit our value for trading for him.

I mean, how much would we have to pay a guy tom come in for 3 games and a chance at a ring? Seems to me any available tackle would be slobbering. 
Reply/Quote