No - Make this a prove it year?
21.05%
12 21.05%
Total 57 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Jonah Williams - On Notice
(04-25-2022, 08:38 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I believe his pff was lower than Harts last yr., he has been a disappointing 11 pick in draft, time to draft a replacement not offer 5th year, make him prove it or cut him after this year.

What? 

Williams 2021 PFF rating 77.1

Williams 2020 PFF rating 70.1

Hart's 2021 PFF rating  33.7

Hart's 2020 PFF rating 66.3

Hart's 2019 PFF rating 57.6

Hart's 2018 PFF rating 57.1
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 08:38 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I believe his pff was lower than Harts last yr., he has been a disappointing 11 pick in draft, time to draft a replacement not offer 5th year, make him prove it or cut him after this year.

Uh…what? Jonah was the highest graded player on the OL at 77.1. No idea what year you’re even referring to wrt Hart, as he was a backup in Buffalo last season. He played 102 snaps and graded out at 33.7.

Even if you’re going off Hart’s last season as a Bengal, he never graded out higher than 77.1. Not even close.

Reply/Quote
Even comparing their 2020 seasons that claim is wrong.

Jonah - 70.1
Hart - 66.3

Reply/Quote
10 sacks and 24 hurries 65th pff ranking does not warrant 5th year, to me Pollack and William's should be on 1 yr prove it or see u later. Regardless need to draft a tackle high this year.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 08:38 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I believe his pff was lower than Harts last yr., he has been a disappointing 11 pick in draft, time to draft a replacement not offer 5th year, make him prove it or cut him after this year.
I don't know how you could be any more wrong...

2021 Bobby Hart - 33.7 overall. 26.5 pass block. 42.0 run block.

2021 Jonah Williams - 77.1 overall. 68.8 pass block. 79.8 run block.

Hart's only ever had one season at 60+. In 2020, he had a 66.3 overall, 60.8 pass block, 68.5 run block.

Williams is far and away better than Bobby Hart.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 09:23 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: 10 sacks and 24 hurries 65th pff ranking does not warrant 5th year, to me Pollack and William's should be on 1 yr prove it or see u later. Regardless need to draft a tackle high this year.

Those numbers are all wrong.

Jonah Williams was rated #32 OT in the league last year in PFF rating, which is middle of the pack since it includes RTs too in that list.
PFF has Williams tagged with 8 sacks allowed in the regular season.
Where are you getting 24 hurries? Given PFF only displayed total pressures allowed for the highest-paid tier, I doubt you're getting it from there. And I haven't been able to find total pressures allowed elsewhere that isn't behind a paywall.

Per PFF at https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2021-offensive-line-rankings, Williams is very good as a pass blocker, but "he has a tendency to lose badly when he does lose." So that's why he has allowed a lot of sacks but still has a rather good PFF pass block rating.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 09:23 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: 10 sacks and 24 hurries 65th pff ranking does not warrant 5th year, to me Pollack and William's should be on 1 yr prove it or see u later. Regardless need to draft a tackle high this year.

That is merely PFF’s pass blocking metric ranking, not overall grades. It’s also comparing against all offensive linemen, not just LT’s (or even OT’s).

As for taking an OT early? Not a chance. The team’s Super Bowl window is wide open right now with Burrow on his rookie contract. They’re not going to waste a premium pick on a non-need when they already have Jonah and Collins. Not to mention a guy they’re high on in D’Ante Smith that they just drafted last year.

Reply/Quote

[Image: 4uw5.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I'm excited for Jonah's 4th year. He turns 25 in November. I think D'ante and Carman should get a shot at LT. I think Jonah should get some LG consideration.
Reply/Quote
Its obvious you exercise it but work on negotiating a long term deal until then. It's a two way street, but he does have an injury history so we have to be prepared. Ideally, it would be nice to have a top 3 rd pick that can play T/G. Competition now at LG and a long term backup plan if Williams negotiations go south.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 10:00 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I'm excited for Jonah's 4th year. He turns 25 in November. I think D'ante and Carman should get a shot at LT. I think Jonah should get some LG consideration.

I don’t get it. This is such a weird concept to me, yet it gets floated around rather often. Why would we take a good LT, move him to LG, then replace him with players who had a significant amount of struggles on the right side of the line? Seems kinda sabatogey.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I would prefer to keep Jonah as LTs are hard to find. But what if D’ante plays well this preseason? What if D’ante plays well in spot duty / swing tackle during the season? What if Carman plays well at LG, would they consider moving Carman to his natural position (ugh, another position shuffle) and draft a natural LG the following draft? There ARE options, and I can see WHY if they choose NOT to pick up his 5th year option.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 11:32 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I would prefer to keep Jonah as LTs are hard to find. But what if D’ante plays well this preseason? What if D’ante plays well in spot duty / swing tackle during the season? What if Carman plays well at LG, would they consider moving Carman to his natural position (ugh, another position shuffle) and draft a natural LG the following draft? There ARE options, and I can see WHY if they choose NOT to pick up his 5th year option.

We will absolutely pick up his option if they don't sign him before then.  If all of these theoreticals happen, they can use him as trade bait then.  
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 11:27 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I don’t get it. This is such a weird concept to me, yet it gets floated around rather often. Why would we take a good LT, move him to LG, then replace him with players who had a significant amount of struggles on the right side of the line? Seems kinda sabatogey.

Size

And there is no harm in trying.

Maybe one of the other guys who played LT in college is pretty good at LT
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 09:23 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: 10 sacks and 24 hurries 65th pff ranking does not warrant 5th year, to me Pollack and William's should be on 1 yr prove it or see u later. Regardless need to draft a tackle high this year.

Hmmm
When did Hart start playing the LT position
Then you are dead wrong anyway that Hart was better than Williams in any one year
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Fun fact: Jonah is only 3 months older than Devonte Wyatt and 11 months younger than Joe Burrow
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 04:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think that they will go ahead and use the 5th year option on Williams. In today's salary market, an experienced starting LT, even an average to slightly above at $12.9M is a bargain.

They’ll 100% pick up his option but we are definitely drafting a guy this year for that position. If Jonah doesn’t show Improvement I’d rather just avoid the vet price tag and go rookie or free agency.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Easy yes for me. He's an above average to good LT and you don't let him go especially right when a SB window opened.
Reply/Quote
Bunch of psychopaths in here lmao

Jonah Williams is one of the better LT’s in the league, and he’s young
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 10:51 PM)phil413 Wrote: Its obvious you exercise it but work on negotiating a long term deal until then.  It's a two way street, but he does have an injury history so we have to be prepared. Ideally, it would be nice to have a top 3 rd pick that can play T/G. Competition now at LG and a long term backup plan if Williams negotiations go south.

Zach Tom or Tyler Smith
Reply/Quote