No - Make this a prove it year?
21.05%
12 21.05%
Total 57 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Jonah Williams - On Notice
(04-27-2022, 04:54 PM)pulses Wrote: I don't dislike him I think he is solid but he's not worth 20 million a year.

I think you should wait til this year is over before making that decision.

20m/yr would currently make him 5th highest paid. I'm sure some will surpass that next year as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
People crack me up with the contract stuff.

“Idc how elite a WR is no one is worth that type of money.”

“He’s a good young LT but he’s not worth that.”

The cap is going up people. Let’s stop thinking like a poverty franchise. The Rams sure as hell didn’t last season.

And we’re talking premium positions here. Your QB, WR, LT, EDGE, and CB are going to cost you big if they’re actually good.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 07:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: People crack me up with the contract stuff.

“Idc how elite a WR is no one is worth that type of money.”

“He’s a good young LT but he’s not worth that.”

The cap is going up people. Let’s stop thinking like a poverty franchise. The Rams sure as hell didn’t last season.

And we’re talking premium positions here. Your QB, WR, LT, EDGE, and CB are going to cost you big if they’re actually good.

They may pick up the 5th year option but they're not gonna pay him 20/yr with all of these other contracts coming up.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 08:02 PM)pulses Wrote: They may pick up the 5th year option but they're not gonna pay him 20/yr with all of these other contracts coming up.

I agree with Nico here tho. The going rate for these premium positions is going to be 20/yr and it's going to get worse. It seems to be getting like QB. No middle ground. Either you get paid like you are fighting for a roster spot, or your get paid like what we used to consider an elite player. 

All eye's on Smith come preseason. Him staying healthy will be key. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 08:23 PM)jj22 Wrote: I agree with Nico here tho. The going rate for these premium positions is going to be 20/yr and it's going to get worse. It seems to be getting like QB. No middle ground. Either you get paid like you are fighting for a roster spot, or your get paid like what we used to consider an elite player. 

All eye's on Smith come preseason. Him staying healthy will be key. 
Yep because I think that is their plan for Smith to take over.
Reply/Quote
Of course you pick up the option. Just nice seeing D'Ante Smith coming around ahead of schedule same as our team
as a whole. D'Ante has crazy talent and as is said in the OP shut down Garrett one of the best all the while D'Ante was
a rookie coming off of injury. Who knows how good D'Ante can be after seeing his workout vid.

Dude isn't messing around. Jonah better watch out, same with Carman, this dude is pushing for a starting spot.
Reply/Quote
5th year option picked up

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 02:58 PM)Au165 Wrote: 5th year option picked up

Very good.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote

No brained. He’s played well. He’s the classic example of a guy many casual fans want an upgrade over, but in reality there aren’t very many. Plus, since he missed his entire rookie year, and has not been selected to a Pro Bowl, his fifth year option is not as high since the escalators did not kick in.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
Tiger

I believe 3/2/22 is decision day.
In my eyes I believe that they just play the part and not extend Williams but a part of me trusts the negotiating power of Katie and her team. This is a guy who's come up in the system with bumps in the road along the way. This organization is so shrewed in how the move yet only football savants would ever notice it. He'll get a deal before Jessie Bates though on 4/29/22. I hope that they keep them both but the Daxton Hill selection made him call his agency lastnight like wtf.
Reply/Quote
If anybody is on notice it's Jesse Bates.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 04:35 PM)jason Wrote: If anybody is on notice it's Jesse Bates.

Yep some think Hill is contingency for Bell, but I think it's for Bates.
Bates was going to be (far) more expensive.
One of them is likely walking for sure.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 04:35 PM)jason Wrote: If anybody is on notice it's Jesse Bates.

Tiger

I believe that this saga will end truth or dare by the end of training camp either way. If the season starts with no deal then most of the teams negotiating power is lost. Time to fire up the grill ok bye.
Reply/Quote

Yup as it should have been.
They probably remembered how difficult it was to actually replace Whit and even Andre Smith.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Just notified him hes staying for 2 more years apparently
Reply/Quote

Good move. He played well for us and still seems to be improving. He certainly not a liability at LT so he is well worth the price of a fifth year.
Reply/Quote
This was never in doubt. We now have our bookends locked up for at least the next couple years.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 05:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This was never in doubt. We now have our bookends locked up for at least the next couple years.

Exactly. Just beautiful for Burrow and our entire team with La'el and Jonah to be our OT's for a bit.
Reply/Quote
Bengals have to be in the top 5 when it comes to Tackle duos, right?

I don’t think there’s any doubt there
Reply/Quote
No longer on notice.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote