No - Make this a prove it year?
21.05%
12 21.05%
Total 57 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Jonah Williams - On Notice
(04-29-2022, 04:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yep some think Hill is contingency for Bell, but I think it's for Bates.
Bates was going to be (far) more expensive.
One of them is likely walking for sure.

Tiger

Very much so and its how this organization is moving now. Its subtle with patience and shrewd at the same
time. As a Bengals fan Im excited but I understand that there will be casualties along the way that I like and will go elsewhere.  Its a chess game thats being played for next year now. A message to Tyler Boyd just hope its not yor year. They really aren't drafting for the upcoming season yet some guys will get significant snaps.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 05:38 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Bengals have to be in the top 5 when it comes to Tackle duos, right?

I don’t think there’s any doubt there

That has a nice sound to it. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 06:03 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Very much so and its how this organization is moving now. Its subtle with patience and shrewd at the same
time. As a Bengals fan Im excited but I understand that there will be casualties along the way that I like and will go elsewhere.  Its a chess game thats being played for next year now. A message to Tyler Boyd just hope its not yor year. They really aren't drafting for the upcoming season yet some guys will get significant snaps.
Yep and I know people won't wanna hear it but they'll trade Higgins for a few picks prob next year and draft his replacement.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 07:47 PM)pulses Wrote: Yep and I know people won't wanna hear it but they'll trade Higgins for a few picks prob next year and draft his replacement.

You are right, don't wanna hear it Pulses lol

Could be right, but the only player I want to hear about us trading now is Jesse Bates for some picks if he doesn't want to be here.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 07:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You are right, don't wanna hear it Pulses lol

Could be right, but the only player I want to hear about us trading now is Jesse Bates for some picks if he doesn't want to be here.

If he wants to be a douchebag just wait till the last minute and pull the tag.....then whose gonna pay him? Hilarious Hilarious But yeah if he don't wanna be here at least get some picks for him for next year.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 05:42 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: No longer on notice.....

I read that in Dennis Green's voice...

We let em off the hook!!!!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 07:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You are right, don't wanna hear it Pulses lol

Why couldn't we pay Higgins the money that Bates wants and Mixon gets for a few years? I'm not an expert, but it seems to me we could stagger Tee and JaMarr's paydays so they aren't killing the cap. They couldn't do it forever, but for 2 or 3 years?... I think they can.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 05:38 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Bengals have to be in the top 5 when it comes to Tackle duos, right?

I don’t think there’s any doubt there

We don't have a single All-Pro or even Pro-Bowl player on our O-line.

But with the o-line it seems that many players start looking better when they get other good o-linemen around them.  If our offense blows up and the sack numbers drop someone on our line will start getting Pro-Bowl hype.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 08:47 PM)jason Wrote: I read that in Dennis Green's voice...

We let em off the hook!!!!

That was my intention..... LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 04:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yup as it should have been.
They probably remembered how difficult it was to actually replace Whit and even Andre Smith.

They should.....5 years?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 07:59 PM)pulses Wrote: If he wants to be a douchebag just wait till the last minute and pull the tag.....then whose gonna pay him? Hilarious Hilarious But yeah if he don't wanna be here at least get some picks for him for next year.

I don't think Jesse is a douchebag at all...

I think his agent is a douchebag hell scum sack of shiite lower than the lowest snake in the grass sack of shiite....

(04-29-2022, 08:52 PM)jason Wrote: Why couldn't we pay Higgins the money that Bates wants and Mixon gets for a few years? I'm not an expert, but it seems to me we could stagger Tee and JaMarr's paydays so they aren't killing the cap. They couldn't do it forever, but for 2 or 3 years?... I think they can.

That is a great thought Jason as usual, we should do that. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 12:45 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't think Jesse is a douchebag at all...

I think his agent is a douchebag hell scum sack of shiite lower than the lowest snake in the grass sack of shiite....

That is a great thought Jason as usual, we should do that. Mellow

Because Higgins is gonna get more than 16 million a year easily that's why.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 09:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We don't have a single All-Pro or even Pro-Bowl player on our O-line.

But with the o-line it seems that many players start looking better when they get other good o-linemen around them.  If our offense blows up and the sack numbers drop someone on our line will start getting Pro-Bowl hype.

Tiger
I agree with most of what you said Fred but "Your" LG scares the hell out of me. I know that Willie Anderson & Big Paulie will run to Antarctica for the guy but I just don't see it currently. They may draft a guy in the sixth round tomorrow to save face and bring Spain back August 11th but thats not a good job. Help us Fred Help us!
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 01:05 AM)pulses Wrote: Because Higgins is gonna get more than 16 million a year easily that's why.

Yeah... Doesn't Mixon make somewhere around 10 and Bates is tagged for what?... 12? Again I'm not an expert but it seems to me they could lock up Higgins for that price for 3 years.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 01:41 AM)jason Wrote: Yeah... Doesn't Mixon make somewhere around 10 and Bates is tagged for what?... 12? Again I'm not an expert but it seems to me they could lock up Higgins for that price for 3 years.

Mixon's cap hit this season is $11.4m, bumping up $13m for 2023-2024. Mixon will be gone IMO. I don't think he is here much longer. 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 10:43 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Mixon's cap hit this season is $11.4m, bumping up $13m for 2023-2024. Mixon will be gone IMO. I don't think he is here much longer. 

Yeah in a year or 2 Mixon will be gone as well IMO.
Reply/Quote

Bullet dodged on this one.

Jonah>>>>>

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 04:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Bullet dodged on this one.

Jonah>>>>>

I remember had mad folks were when Pittsburgh jumped in front of us to get him
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 10:43 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Mixon's cap hit this season is $11.4m, bumping up $13m for 2023-2024. Mixon will be gone IMO. I don't think he is here much longer. 

Wouldn't be shocked if we drafted a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round next year.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 05:37 PM)pulses Wrote: Wouldn't be shocked if we drafted a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round next year.

I would hate it, to be honest. A second round RB, at least. A third or back would be fine. I just don't like sinking much capital into the position. It isn't worth it. 
Reply/Quote