Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jonah Williams Requests Trade
(03-18-2023, 01:36 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Jonah seems to be the exact opposite of Whitt who was a 2nd round pick. Whitt started at guard, but then rightly so won LT spot. Huge man with large arms. Jonah could be a great left guard and swing tackle the next 7 to 10 years if he went away from his ego trip.

I know many say he has no value, but I disagree. In 2022 we lot both ur starting LT's so having Williams on our roster adds the depth so many talk about in this forum. I say keep him unless offered a great deal for him.

I would cut Mixon and Brandon Williams long before I would cut Jonah. Let him know to man up and be his best version in 2022 so he gets a great contract from someone in 2024.

Kind of like telling a bank manager, man you would be a great teller. You don't mind the pay cut, right?
Reply/Quote
Jonah a swing tackle? He’s proven to be an average/above average starting left tackle when healthy. That means he is a starter. There are 13-18 teams that would benefit from having Jonah as their starting LT

The hate for this guy is ridiculous
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 02:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Kind of like telling a bank manager, man you would be a great teller. You don't mind the pay cut, right?

Yeah, lol

(03-18-2023, 02:18 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Jonah a swing tackle? He’s proven to be an average/above average starting left tackle when healthy. That means he is a starter. There are 13-18 teams that would benefit from having Jonah as their starting LT

True enough, the main reason why Jonah has struggled at times is injury and not having the best anchor. He IS a starter at LT in the NFL.

2021 is only 2 years away when he was the 11th best LT in the NFL. Then he had to play with an entirely new Line and a rookie next to him
and then he dislocated both of his knee caps. No need to hate on the man, he wants a trade, give it to him and wish him the best...
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 02:18 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Jonah a swing tackle? He’s proven to be an average/above average starting left tackle when healthy. That means he is a starter. There are 13-18 teams that would benefit from having Jonah as their starting LT

There are 13-18 teams interested in him based on his best year and healthy. So based on that comment what do you expect we get in a trade? I do think his value if it had been before free agency would have been better than today. I agree with Killer Goose or someone. It might have been you. The board underrates him and overrates OBJr
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 02:44 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: There are 13-18 teams interested in him based on his best year and healthy. So based on that comment what do you expect we get in a trade? I do think his value if it had been before free agency would have been better than today. I agree with Killer Goose or someone. It might have been you. The board underrates him and overrates OBJr

Based on his best year, which was 2021, but even his 2020 was good. And he’s young.

Right now it’s just the injury concerns that should be holding him back
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 02:56 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Based on his best year, which was 2021, but even his 2020 was good. And he’s young.

Right now it’s just the injury concerns that should be holding him back

And what’s his trade value?
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 02:58 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: And what’s his trade value?

Factoring in his 1 year contract + the injury concerns, prob a 3rd. I’d like to think he can net a 2nd to a team in win now mode.

If it’s a package deal, who knows what you can get in return.

Maybe trade to a tackle needy team who will give up their starting tight end? Idk

I’d like him to stay and play RT though. I have a strong feeling he’d be better there than 2022 La’el Collins
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 02:58 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: And what’s his trade value?

Im guessing we are going to find out sometime in the next few weeks
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 03:00 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Factoring in his 1 year contract + the injury concerns, prob a 3rd. I’d like to think he can net a 2nd to a team in win now mode.

Maybe trade to a tackle needy team who will give up their starting tight end? Idk

I’d like him to stay and play RT though. I have a strong feeling he’d be better there than 2022 La’el Collins

Agree that the best outcome for us (at this point) is for him to man up and embrace the switch to RT. Stay healthy, and oerforn at a 2021/2020 level. 

But there is a low chance of that happening. The injury/performance part alone is 50/50. And that is at LT. Factor in switching sides, and the fact that he PUBLICLY asked for a trade 1 day after the Brown signing, and I think chances are slim. Not none. But slim. 

I certainly don't think there are 12-18 teams interested in Jonah. At this point, most teams already have LT sorted. Jonah is not an upgrade, or not enough of an upgrade to justify upsetting the apple cart on the OL/salary cap at this late date. And for the handful of teams who do have a need, if makes a ton more sense to just draft one if they are in the top 15. 

A team will have to have a glaring LT need, cap space, and NOT want to use a top 15 pick on an OT (or just not have one). 

I am not bashing the guy, but I think musical chairs for LT is mostly done for this year, absent those teams planning to fill it in the draft. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 03:03 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Im guessing we are going to find out sometime in the next few weeks

Thanks and I agree but wanting Frank Booth’s based on his earlier replies as he seems a little higher on him than most. I think he’s around the 15th best LT but combining his health lower than that. I’d put OBJr around 10.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 03:00 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Factoring in his 1 year contract + the injury concerns, prob a 3rd. I’d like to think he can net a 2nd to a team in win now mode.

Hope you are right and we can get a 3rd round pick for him or even a 2nd, that would be fantastic.

On the last part, I think Jonah would be better than 2022 La'el Collins in pass protection at RT if we keep him.

I just don't like keeping a player that just requested a trade, nor do I think the coaches want anyone that is not ALL IN.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 03:00 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Factoring in his 1 year contract + the injury concerns, prob a 3rd. I’d like to think he can net a 2nd to a team in win now mode.

I think a 4. And throwing in a starting TE? Did you get laid this morning ?. Maybe a 3 next year. I think holding onto him works in our favor. Still trade him just wait until teams are more desperate

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 02:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Kind of like telling a bank manager, man you would be a great teller. You don't mind the pay cut, right?

Well if he wasn't any good as a manager I guess that would be a way to keep a job. Jonah is getting paid the same this year no matter what. He has LT footage on tape that let's teams know his abilities as a LT. He could step in and play RT this year for LT money and then move on next season and show he is willing to help a team which is not going to hurt his value at all.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 03:20 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think a 4. And throwing in a starting TE? Did you get laid this morning ?. Maybe a 3 next year. I think holding onto him works in our favor. Still trade him just wait until teams are more desperate

Just a 4th in return would be a loss. It would have to be a 4th+ a starting caliber player. Preferably a tight end
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 03:26 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Just a 4th in return would be a loss. It would have to be a 4th+ a starting caliber player. Preferably a tight end

Getting a 4th and letting go of 12.6 mil against the Cap would be a big time win.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 03:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Getting a 4th and letting go of 12.6 mil against the Cap would be a big time win.

Meh. I agree it’s certainly not a bad thing though. But just a 4th? Give us a 3rd at least if it’s just gonna be a draft pick
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 03:33 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Meh. I agree it’s certainly not a bad thing though. But just a 4th? Give us a 3rd at least if it’s just gonna be a draft pick

Would love a 3rd and it is definitely possible. Just saying a 4th ain't bad while gaining some collateral to sign someone else.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 03:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Getting a 4th and letting go of 12.6 mil against the Cap would be a big time win.

To another poster, I do not hate JW. Just the opposite. Read my post, I think he adds value to a team if he opens up his mind to possibility of competing at guard and RT. 

Nate, we are one Tackle injury away from having OL issues again in 2023. Lord knows when Collins will be at 100%, letting go of an average LT still makes no sense for me for less than a 3rd round pick.

Or ride it and we likely get a 3rd round comp. pick in 2024 plus we have JW still available on OL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 03:55 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: To another poster, I do not hat JW. Just the opposite. Read my post, I think he adds value to a team if he opens up his mind to possibility of competing at guard and RT. 

Nate, we are one Tackle injury away from having OL issues again in 2023. Lord knows when Collins will be at 100%, letting go of an average LT still makes no sense for me for less than a 3rd round pick.

Or ride it and we likely get a 3rd round comp. pick in 2024 plus we have JW still available on OL.

Even if Collins is “healthy”, he is bad. Especially at pass pro. LC is a back up RT at this point in his career
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 03:26 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Just a 4th in return would be a loss. It would have to be a 4th+ a starting caliber player. Preferably a tight end

Well you totally view his worth much more than I so there could be our disconnect. Now as I stated I think due to some already addressing tackle needs I think his worth has diminished. The contract is an issue as his history of injuries. But often these trades benefit the team that’s on the other end. They know we’ve got an unhappy player with a LT contract we’d like to unload. So his worth versus his trade value to me are different.

Reply/Quote