Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jonah Williams from Booger McFarland
(09-21-2021, 04:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think it's more to it then this. I think there are reasons certain people are blaming everyone but the Oline...... 

But yea, let's cut Mixon and Sample because Burrow is set to be done for the year any moment now.

Because the blown blocks were not on the oline? Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 04:16 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Bueller? Bueller?   Hilarious

Sorry i had to cause I'm there with GF.  I think we had some long threads with most agreeing that our OL will be average at the very least this year with the addition of Pollack.  

Personally, I think a lot of it is guys meshing and getting used to playing with each other.  I also think Pollacks scheme is different than Turners.  So it'll take time to adapt to playing a new scheme than these guys are used to. 

I think by game 10 they'll be playing like a squad that should be ranked around #20 in the league instead of #32.  

Now the question we need to be asking is why hasnt Pollack taught blocking to Perine, Mixon and supposedly a blocking tight end in Sample?

Hilarious Bueller....   that cracked me up...lol

My dig isnt really on Pollack but more has to do with what he's working with. The Bengals didnt do him any favors this offseason by not giving him legit starters to protect the most important player coming to Cincy in a long time...Burrow.

That is what frustrates the hell out of me.. I like Pollack but like I said in the past ya cant polish a turd..
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 04:06 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Booger McFarland sounds like the name of a cartoon baby.

Well I do know that "Boss" actually IS a cartoon baby.

Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 04:04 PM)jj22 Wrote: Imagine if our rb's and te's could just run and catch (especially our rb's who seem to be getting slammed around more than ever for the poor pass pro), instead of being used a scapegoats for poor pass protection because our line still can't block....

I don't think you understand how pass protection works at all.

Please provide a list of all NFL teams that don't require RBs or TEs to block.

I mean one of the sacks against the Vikings was when Sample was mistakenly placed one-on-one with a DE.  You really have to be clueless about pass protection to blame that sack on the O-line.
Reply/Quote
Oh I'm not saying they don't help out. What I am saying is no team or their fans blame such bad pass pro grades and their qb getting killed on the RB and TE. They should be complimentary pieces to pass protection. Not the reason the QB is getting killed. This full blown excuse didn't happen last year. Why? Mixon and Sample never missed a block?

So why was folks wanting Polack back and Turner gone? That's what needs to be explained to me. Sounds like we needed a new RB and TE coach. I'm not here for the excuses because certain people don't want to blame the line out of pride.

I'll say it if no one else will. The Oline is still TRASH.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 04:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think it's more to it then this. I think there are reasons certain people are blaming everyone but the Oline...... 

Interesting.  Please explain your theory of why the people at PFF are not blaming the O-line for all the sacks.  

I'd really like to hear this.
Reply/Quote
Did you see the pff grades? and I wasn't talking about them anyway.

Reply/Quote
Now someone explain to me why we aren't calling for the TE and RB coaches head? or are we? I can't keep up with the new (avoid) blame game.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 04:35 PM)jj22 Wrote: Did you see the pff grades? and I wasn't talking about them anyway.

I know.  You are trying to act like they don't exist because they don't support your theory.

Why can't Bengal fans be blaming the TEs and RBs (and even QB) for some of the sacks because they are agreeing with the "experts"?
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 04:38 PM)jj22 Wrote: Now someone explain to me why we aren't calling for the TE and RB coaches head? or are we? I can't keep up with the new (avoid) blame game.

I think a lot of it falls on Pollacks blocking scheme again.  Maybe I'm wrong.  Everyone's learning a new blocking scheme.  RB and TE's both.  

However, that's no excuse.  If they can't block then it also falls on the RB coach who is new and TE coach as well like you said JJ.  
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 04:38 PM)jj22 Wrote: Now someone explain to me why we aren't calling for the TE and RB coaches head? or are we? I can't keep up with the new (avoid) blame game.

I understand you have trouble keeping up.  That is nothing new. Rolleyes  But to help y9u out, Yes, a lot of people were calling for the head of the coach who was responsible for Sample being one-on-one with  DE in pass protection.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 04:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I know.  You are trying to act like they don't exist because they don't support your theory.

Why can't Bengal fans be blaming the TEs and RBs (and even QB) for some of the sacks because they are agreeing with the "experts"?

Who PFF? They support my theory just fine. I saw the grades you are ignoring.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 04:43 PM)TJ528 Wrote: I think a lot of it falls on Pollacks blocking scheme again.  Maybe I'm wrong.  Everyone's learning a new blocking scheme.  RB and TE's both.  

However, that's no excuse.  If they can't block then it also falls on the RB coach who is new and TE coach as well like you said JJ.  

I don't know TJ. I saw a lot of free rushers last year too. I thought it was Turners scheme. But the RB's and TE didn't take the heat for Burrow getting hit and sacked at a record pace like they are this year.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 04:04 PM)jj22 Wrote: Imagine if our rb's and te's could just run and catch (especially our rb's who seem to be getting slammed around more than ever for the poor pass pro), instead of being used a scapegoats for poor pass protection because our line still can't block....

Imagine our RBs and TEs blocking for a second the time or two they are asked to a game
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 04:50 PM)sloSTI Wrote: Imagine our RBs and TEs blocking for a second the time or two they are asked to a game

"A time or two". You missing the new talking points. Blocking is their "main" responsibility. 

Reply/Quote
From PFF regarding the Bears game:

Quote:Offensive Line

While Burrow had some success through the air, his offensive line looked below average, with all five unofficially earning overall grades below 65.0.

Quinton Spain and center Trey Hopkins were the only two linemen who didn’t allow a sack. In fact, Spain didn't allow anyone to get to Burrow, giving him a pass-blocking efficiency of 100.0.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-2-game-recap-chicago-bears-20-cincinnati-bengals-17
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 04:51 PM)jj22 Wrote: "A time or two". You missing the new talking points. Blocking is their "main" responsibility. 

I only seen them block a couple times each, not all the time. They shouldn't have to block, but it happens
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 04:45 PM)jj22 Wrote: Who PFF? They support my theory just fine. I saw the grades you are ignoring.

I have not seen their pass blocking grades at all.

Please post them.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 04:51 PM)jj22 Wrote: "A time or two". You missing the new talking points. Blocking is their "main" responsibility. 

This is getting ridiculous

Please post a link to all the people who say that the MAIN responsibility of TEs and RBs is to block.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 04:46 PM)jj22 Wrote:  But the RB's and TE didn't take the heat for Burrow getting hit and sacked at a record pace like they are this year.

Because they were not the main problem last year.

I now this will shock you, but some people actually look at the numbers instead of just pretending their opinion is reality.

Gio was ranked as one of the best blocking RBs in the league last year.  Fans are not just making that up.  It is true.  
Reply/Quote