Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jonah Williams from Booger McFarland
(09-22-2021, 02:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sure, we all do (some of you act like you’re alone in that), but drafting Sewell wouldn’t have prevented it. Our OT’s were great in that game.

Right now I think the main criticism towards the team should be for not having a better backup plan at center if Hopkins wasn’t ready. He looked better against Chicago, but him and XSF have been the weak links so far. Had they brought in another center they could have slid Hopkins to OG once he was ready and maybe even cut XSF.

And not great against Chicago...

None of this matters now, the draft is done. I've tried to stay out of the debate since Shake made a post about it being over and I did the same but to think that Sewell being here doesn't improve the line overall greatly is foolish. He'd certainly be one of the best five and would have pushed a guy like Reiff or Williams to guard therefore sending XSF's poor play to the bench.

But, that isn't the case. We are here with a lot of questions on the line, a lot of questions in the coaching and a 1-1 record coming up against the hated steelers. We will know a lot more about what the season looks like after sunday.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 02:44 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: And not great against Chicago...

None of this matters now, the draft is done. I've tried to stay out of the debate since Shake made a post about it being over and I did the same but to think that Sewell being here doesn't improve the line overall greatly is foolish. He'd certainly be one of the best five and would have pushed a guy like Reiff or Williams to guard therefore sending XSF's poor play to the bench.

But, that isn't the case. We are here with a lot of questions on the line, a lot of questions in the coaching and a 1-1 record coming up against the hated steelers. We will know a lot more about what the season looks like after sunday.

Hard to say. Sewell looked absolutely terrible during the preseason when they tried him at RT, but as soon as they moved him back to his natural position he starting playing great again.

I don’t really blame the team for not wanting to move their young LT that they used an 11th OA pick on. Now a vet like Reiff? Maybe he would have been able to slide inside no problem, but as we’ve seen with Sewell, Carman, and some other young guys recently it’s not always that easy.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 02:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hard to say. Sewell looked absolutely terrible during the preseason when they tried him at RT, but as soon as they moved him back to his natural position he starting playing great again.

I don’t really blame the team for not wanting to move their young LT that they used an 11th OA pick on. Now a vet like Reiff? Maybe he would have been able to slide inside no problem, but as we’ve seen with Sewell, Carman, and some other young guys recently it’s not always that easy.

Very true, it may not have been easy. Which is why whiffing on Thuney, Zeitler and the other top choices is even a bigger deal.

But again, none of it matters now. The team is stuck with its choices for a roster and coaching staff at this point. Just have to ride it out and see how Taylor manages to convince the front office to give him another season.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote